Packers

Ga96

23 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

What's sad is that Colquitt can make the playoffs without playing or winning a game.

I suspect we'll play and we will win some games. I hope we start all of that on Friday night. I have my tickets 🎫 already and starting to feel a little antsy already with nervous anticipation about whether we can play and what type of product we have after losing so much practice time recently, and of course losing all the same stuff everyone lost like spring training, ota's and 7v7s. 

Mostly a familiar feeling though. The same one I always feel when it's the week leading up to game 1. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I suspect we'll play and we will win some games. I hope we start all of that on Friday night. I have my tickets 🎫 already and starting to feel a little antsy already with nervous anticipation about whether we can play and what type of product we have after losing so much practice time recently, and of course losing all the same stuff everyone lost like spring training, ota's and 7v7s. 

Mostly a familiar feeling though. The same one I always feel when it's the week leading up to game 1. 

Just from this post, I can tell you're excited. I'm rooting for Banneker but that's the most lost cause I've ever seen in my life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just between me and you...and nobody else...I'm hearing...

WE'RE READY

I'm a tad nervous about the "rust factor"...but I've been told point blank...some wood would be chopped and some wood would be laid.

I don't know if we'll win or lose...but I see one strong effort from the Hawgs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

WE'RE READY

I'm a tad nervous about the "rust factor"...but I've been told point blank...some wood would be chopped and some wood would be laid.

Rufus>>

You'll win. Sleep easy, my friend.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hard not to be excited. Definitely trying to temper that though, because with the stuff in this year, 3 days is practically an eternity. 

I definitely relate. Those days leading up to McEachern game were torture. Not to mention that the Brookwood game went into 4 overtimes.

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

WE'RE READY

Rufus>>

We have a lot of good kids again. A lot to root for. And root I will! 

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I definitely relate. Those days leading up to McEachern game were torture. Not to mention that the Brookwood game went into 4 overtimes.

That's all the good stuff. Those overtimes were probably murder but ohhh at the feeling when it ends in your favor. 

Man, yall have Parkview this week. Big time game for pecking order in the state. I reckon I'd be feeling pretty excited about that and maybe a little sick at the same time. Doesn't get much bigger in the preregion stuff. 

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'll be keeping my eye on the Brockington brothers if they're playing. Want to see what I'm missing down south. And likely what we'll have to face in the playoffs.

I feel like our D-line is pretty dang good and maybe coming in a little underrated, which makes em play with more of a chip, so, let it be. I think we are decent in coverage guys also. Of course we have Lemeke, TJ and Orion at WR. 

Let's get it on! 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's all the good stuff. Those overtimes were probably murder but ohhh at the feeling when it ends in your favor. 

Man, yall have Parkview this week. Big time game for pecking order in the state. I reckon I'd be feeling pretty excited about that and maybe a little sick at the same time. Doesn't get much bigger in the preregion stuff. 

Don't keep an eye on the North-Parkview game...please. Barrett Carter is out with an ankle ligament injury for the next 2-3 weeks. It's going to be a rainy day on a grass field, so it will basically be a slip and slide. Parkview's running backs are going to tear our young defense up and Parkview's corners will shut down our already non-existent passing game. It's still my game of the week, but expect Parkview to win safely.

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I feel like our D-line is pretty dang good and maybe coming in a little underrated, which makes em play with more of a chip, so, let it be. I think we are decent in coverage guys also. Of course we have Lemeke, TJ and Orion at WR. 

Let's get it on! 

Shades of Colquitt from 2017? Maybe we could see the 2017 playoffs Colquitt team on display all year long this time.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Don't keep an eye on the North-Parkview game...please. Barrett Carter is out with an ankle ligament injury for the next 2-3 weeks. It's going to be a rainy day on a grass field, so it will basically be a slip and slide. Parkview's running backs are going to tear our young defense up and Parkview's corners will shut down our already non-existent passing game. It's still my game of the week, but expect Parkview to win safely.

I like Barret Carter, but, missing that one guy shouldn't be the immediate death of the team. At least if you do lose the game, it's early and not some season ending thing. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I like Barret Carter, but, missing that one guy shouldn't be the immediate death of the team. At least if you do lose the game, it's early and not some season ending thing. 

Carter is the only one holding that defense together. Hancock already opted out, and Carter is now the last big piece gone. It's not even the early season loss that bothers me. It's the 26-game home winning streak. I really wanted to see my high school career out with an undefeated home record, but it doesn't seem like it will happen. Now sure, I said the same against Armwood last year, but our NG team turned out to be one of the best NG teams of all time. Not this year. I'm not optimistic at all.

• Thanks 1