RBG DEAD!

Nolebull813

8 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

She's my first choice, but Barbara Lagoa is also very qualified, and is Cuban from Florida. I suspect she would seal the deal to put Florida in the Trump win column. 

Lagoa would be an excellent choice.

The spectacle of the leftist lynch mob going after a minority woman would be a classic.

It could result in pickups among suburban women, Catholics and potentially Latinos even beyond Florida.

Lagos was confirmed to the Court of Appeals recently by an overwhelming majority, including a 26-15 vote by Dems (with 4 non-votes).

If they were to give her a hard time, as a famous Cuban guy once said...

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Babylon Bee...

Giggling Trump Prank Calls Merrick Garland To Tell Him He's Been Shortlisted For SCOTUS
September 21st, 2020

article-7046-1.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C.—It can’t be said President Trump doesn’t have a sense of humor. The rascally president shared a recording of a prank call he did in which he called up Judge Merrick Garland and told him he was on his shortlist for Supreme Court Justice.

“When I heard Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, I said to myself, ‘There is only one man for the job,’” Trump told Garland over the phone while barely holding back laughter.

“Wow, I didn’t think you’d consider me,” Garland said.

“Are you kidding me? How could I consider anyone else?” Trump then had to turn away from the phone to let out a laugh. “Sorry, something in my throat. Anyway, you’re on the shortlist, but the rest of the list is basically a formality. The job is yours.”

“Well, I’m honored,” Garland answered. “I won’t let you down!”

“Hey, all our hopes are in you,” Trump said, keeping his voice steady with great effort. “You’re the pick to unite the country. Because that’s all I care about: uniting everyone.”

“That’s great to hear,” Garland said. “You’re a better president than many give you credit for.”

“Yeah, I’m the best!” Trump said. “The best! Don’t you forget it! Now pack your bags for a confirmation hearing.” Trump then hung up and fell onto the ground to convulse with laughter.

The full prank call will air on Trump’s Wacky Morning Show on the local FM station that he does in the mornings in lieu of cabinet meetings.

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just saw that.

If true and it happens, I think the leftist violence we've seen will expand exponentially.

This will only help Trump.

I truly hope Trump nominates Lagoa.  The spectacle of the left desperately going after a Latina woman would be priceless.  I'll splurge on some Orville Redenbacher for that one.  How do they justify torpedoing a Latina who was approved to the Appellate Court by an 80-15 vote?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nothing worse than ginsberg. 

They are not there to be looked at. They are there to uphold the written laws without political bias(in a perfect world)

A perfect world, you know of any?

None of them any longer hold up the laws without political bias hence the big fights over nominees. 

Christ, Trump is blatant, not even any pretense that they "owe him."

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

A perfect world, you know of any?

None of them any longer hold up the laws without political bias hence the big fights over nominees. 

Christ, Trump is blatant, not even any pretense that they "owe him."

I just read an article about all the money law firms send to scotus so obv scotus independence is long gone and dead 

I would love an independent scotus but clearly those days are long gone like I said 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/politics/supreme-court-clerk-bonuses.amp.html

As it stands right now the democrats can't stop the person from getting on the bench. The Republicans have the votes. Pence may have to step in and break the tie but I think the nominee won't need pence 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

As it stands right now the democrats can't stop the person from getting on the bench. The Republicans have the votes. Pence may have to step in and break the tie but I think the nominee won't need pence 

Yep, they just need to shut up about it, I agree. 

It is helping their campaign donations greatly though so I suppose that is a reason to for them to make hollow noises. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yep, they just need to shut up about it, I agree. 

It is helping their campaign donations greatly though so I suppose that is a reason to for them to make hollow noises. 

Money doesn't buy votes 

You can throw commercials and everything else but in today's world who watches commercials 

Who watches ads on the internet

Billions of dollars spent on nothing 

20 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Who are you? And what did you do with noon?! 😉🤣

You are so into stereotyping you just don't "get" me. 

I was a republican until the party went fruitcake in 2000. 

I believe McConnell should have been driven from office for not allowing a vote on Obie's nomination. Two wrongs do not make a right. I am consistent not a mindless partisan so I think the Supremes should be nominated ASAP at all times. Now too.

BTW, I never voted for Billy Clinton and did not think much of Obie.  I thought less of Bush JR I admit but I think we all did. 

I am old school, I voted for Bush SR twice and Ronnie twice. Before that Ford. 

Heck, I was a librarian when I was young and foolish. Once I learned how the world really worked and being compassionate I have moved to the center except on fiscal policy where I remain  a conservative.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

You are so into stereotyping you just don't "get" me. 

I was a republican until the party went fruitcake in 2000. 

I believe McConnell should have been driven from office for not allowing a vote on Obie's nomination. Two wrongs do not make a right. I am consistent not a mindless partisan so I think the Supremes should be nominated ASAP at all times. Now too.

BTW, I never voted for Billy Clinton and did not think much of Obie.  I thought less of Bush JR I admit but I think we all did. 

I am old school, I voted for Bush SR twice and Ronnie twice. Before that Ford. 

Heck, I was a librarian when I was young and foolish. Once I learned how the world really worked and being compassionate I have moved to the center except on fiscal policy where I remain  a conservative.

No party is gonna vote on the other parties nominee makes no sense.

As trump said which could haunt Republicans in the future when you have the senate you can do what you want esp when it comes to getting judges confirmed 

No matter what trump does going forward his biggest accomplishment will be the changing of the courts esp scotus and the 9th circuit 

29 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Money doesn't buy votes 

You can throw commercials and everything else but in today's world who watches commercials 

Who watches ads on the internet

Billions of dollars spent on nothing 

I could explain the phycology of it but I won't bother. I'll just say you are mistaken, advertising works. 

Peace out!

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No party is gonna vote on the other parties nominee makes no sense.

As trump said which could haunt Republicans in the future when you have the senate you can do what you want esp when it comes to getting judges confirmed 

No matter what trump does going forward his biggest accomplishment will be the changing of the courts esp scotus and the 9th circuit 

Agree, he has set this country back at least a generation so folks who want to live in the past can rest easy for a couple decades.