Difference between Tax evasion and tax avoidance

imaGoodBoyNow

On 9/29/2020 at 8:59 AM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So, basically I’m gonna clean out the cushions, the truck for change get pushed into the 1% bracket ... hire tax attorneys and get even richer. 

Better yet get elected then decline showing said tax returns for 3 1/2 years cause its legal.

Gotcha. 

bgw

I chuckle at anybody bitching about how much somebody pays or doesn’t pay in taxes. There isn’t a damn one of us who doesn’t hire the best CPA we can afford to keep the most money possible. 

The thing about the end of the year settlement is the funniest! I mean, if I pay a thousand dollars at the end of the year not one of you know how much unpaid during, how much I had in write offs or any of that. 

idiots 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Troll said:

just a couple thoughts....

foreign/domestic student ratios may also have something to do with the costs involved (and ability to pay)....

Calc was shied away from when all the high schools started "teaching to the test" as the SAT's are really algebra 2 with some geometry and trig (Having 2 1/2  years of calc in HS probably lowered my SAT's as a senior, as everything on the test I hadn't seen since like freshman year 🙄

I believe most of that has been recovered tho now (at least around here) as my children have been loaded with AP courses in all subjects in HS, as colleges have gotten much smarter about acceptance or much more selective on course load etc. not just standard testing etc. ......at least the better colleges...

🤷‍♂️

For Undergrad, sure. For most Masters programs, especially if they are not the first leg of a Doctorate, yes. But for Doctoral programs, those are almost always at no cost to the student regardless of where they are from. They pay for the PHD, DBA, etc., with Teaching or Research Assistantships where the University gets cheap labor in exchange for hosting the student. 

So, it is still bothering that the country is not producing many domestically raised candidates in the hard theoretical and applied sciences. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I chuckle at anybody bitching about how much somebody pays or doesn’t pay in taxes. There isn’t a damn one of us who doesn’t hire the best CPA we can afford to keep the most money possible. 

The thing about the end of the year settlement is the funniest! I mean, if I pay a thousand dollars at the end of the year not one of you know how much unpaid during, how much I had in write offs or any of that. 

idiots 

I dunno Larry, getting bent over on taxes.... last year was over 7k, this year about 4K.... getting there, I’ll figure it out. 

bgw

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I dunno Larry, getting bent over on taxes.... last year was over 7k, this year about 4K.... getting there, I’ll figure it out. 

bgw

You need a better accountant Bro. That’s the thing about taxes. Unless you know EVERYTHING about somebody else’s taxes you don’t know whether they’re paying their fair share. How much did they pay during the year? Deductions? Write offs? Property tax? Too many variables to just say somebody isn’t right! 

If We both make $100,000 and I pay $20,000 into federal and you pay $5,000. All things being equal I’ll come out better at the end than you. 

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

You need a better accountant Bro. That’s the thing about taxes. Unless you know EVERYTHING about somebody else’s taxes you don’t know whether they’re paying their fair share. How much did they pay during the year? Deductions? Write offs? Property tax? Too many variables to just say somebody isn’t right! 

If We both make $100,000 and I pay $20,000 into federal and you pay $5,000. All things being equal I’ll come out better at the end than you. 

Alright Larry, fuck off and fuck Trump and his $750... now that’s bullshit and you damn well know it. 

bgw

On 10/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Alright Larry, fuck off and fuck Trump and his $750... now that’s bullshit and you damn well know it. 

bgw

Dude, you’re a fucking sheep! Seriously! You don’t know shit about what he pays yet you whine like a bitch about it. 

Lemme ax you this?!? Does it bother you at all that democrat savior nancy pelosi is worth over 100 million dollars from her decades in office? OVER 100 MILLION AS A CAREER POLITICIAN!!!

yet you suckle at her dried up old nipple like it has the lifeblood. 

8 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Dude, you’re a fucking sheep! Seriously! You don’t know shit about what he pays yet you whine like a bitch about it. 

Lemme ax you this?!? Does it bother you at all that democrat savior nancy pelosi is worth over 100 million dollars from her decades in office? OVER 100 MILLION AS A CAREER POLITICIAN!!!

yet you suckle at her dried up old nipple like it has the lifeblood. 

What are babbling bout now Punchy?

A billionaire  that pays $750, countless bankruptcies.... and who’s bitching? And will make more leaving office.....

No, you’re bitching and creating drama; I’m stating facts. 

I realize you’re late to the party but the booze is dried up.... public servants getting rich while in office and the tax code are problematic hence graft....now go back to reading your “fairytale” propaganda pulp. 

I try to be nice and you create drama for no damn reason at all.

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What are babbling bout now Punchy?

A billionaire  that pays $750, countless bankruptcies.... and who’s bitching? And will make more leaving office.....

No, you’re bitching and creating drama; I’m stating facts. 

I realize you’re late to the party but the booze is dried up.... public servants getting rich while in office and the tax code are problematic hence graft....now go back to reading your “fairytale” propaganda pulp. 

I try to be nice and you create drama for no damn reason at all.

bgw

Bro, you whine like a fucking scorned woman every day about Trump and I’m the one who creates drama? Lord!

I’ll ask again, do you know how much he made? His write offs? How much he paid in taxes over the course of the year? No! But your such a bitch you create shit without knowing anything because of your blind hatred. 

I notice you failed to answer about your girl pelosi. Wonder why? My guess is you know she’s a fucking piece of garbage but because she’s YOUR piece garbage it’s ok.

You should start drinking, smoking weed or something. And if your whiny ass thinks your taxes are bad now just fucking wait if biden wins. 

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Bro, you whine like a fucking scorned woman every day about Trump and I’m the one who creates drama? Lord!

I’ll ask again, do you know how much he made? His write offs? How much he paid in taxes over the course of the year? No! But your such a bitch you create shit without knowing anything because of your blind hatred. 

I notice you failed to answer about your girl pelosi. Wonder why? My guess is you know she’s a fucking piece of garbage but because she’s YOUR piece garbage it’s ok.

You should start drinking, smoking weed or something. And if your whiny ass thinks your taxes are bad now just fucking wait if biden wins. 

Omimuthafuckin’God....

Can we leave it alone, I’m sure there’s more important things we can fix than this?

Thanks 

bgw

On 10/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, paladin4ever said:

For those here that know me, I have been a tax professional for close to 30 years now. A couple of things I will point out about all of this.

1. A tax return is sensitive, private information. If the NYT got a copy of the President’s tax return, they obtained it illegally. You cannot get a copy of anything from the IRS unless you (taxpayer) or your representative, with a fully executed Power of Attorney, request it. So someone has violated the law.

2. An audit can last many, many years. I recently completed an audit for open audit years 2005-2012. So it is possible.

When have they ever cared about the law? For the last 4 years many laws were broken to forward and certain parties agenda.

NYT's have not reported fairly political views in over a decade.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:33 AM, Troll said:

If that's what he actually paid, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it...if not there is a problem.

I'm sure you spend your money on some stupid shit too...how much was that new fishing reel ? 

(you might want to return that reel....seems to do a pretty shiity 🤡 job...😝)

PS: You are in luck....I heard 🤡 hookers can write off their condoms too 😝

BTW: Just curious....how much did Biddy pay for his "magically re-appearing head hair"....

image.jpeg.120c4e9023406194d9d34ccd9548e2ec.jpeg

That shit gotta be expensive as all 🤡 hell....

hair magic always is 🤣

🤡

A friend of mine had it done in Mexico for 8,500. He was quoted almost 20,000 in US for a top of the line hair job.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, DarterBlue said:

IT is sad. I have no problem with bringing some immigrants in to do this work. But when the educational system here does not produce them in any numbers, that is a huge problem. 

Any immigrant that comes here should have to do 4 years mandatory in our armed services to prove their allegiance to this country 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Any immigrant that comes here should have to do 4 years mandatory in our armed services to prove their allegiance to this country 

What if they are in their 30s and too old for selective service? Also, does it make sense to pack the army with immigrants? Couldn't that create a security threat?

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

What if they are in their 30s and too old for selective service? Also, does it make sense to pack the army with immigrants? Couldn't that create a security threat?

You can enlist in our military up until the age of 35 

Which makes me point. If you cant trust them to serve in the military of this country we can't trust them in this country 

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You can enlist in our military up until the age of 35 

Which makes me point. If you cant trust them to serve in the military of this country we can't trust them in this country 

I think I have contributed in the 37.4 years I have lived here. Not sure I would have been good for the military here or anywhere, though. Because I think for myself, I would have problems carrying out certain orders.