Covid 19 Mortality

concha

28 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Again, this was all discussed in April. You're rehashing old shit because you're clearly losing.

Trump Falsely Claims He Inherited ‘Empty’ Stockpile

Greg Burel, who was the director of the Strategic National Stockpile for more than 12 years until he retired in January, recently told CBS News: We didn’t receive funds to replace those masks, protective gear and the anti-virals that we used for H1N1.” 

He told Vice News that he decided to use the program’s limited funding to instead purchase vaccines, flu medications and other pharmaceuticals.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks?

Our rating: True

We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

It's almost as if I already addressed this and you ignored it.

Greg Burel, who was the director of the Strategic National Stockpile for more than 12 years until he retired in January, recently told CBS News: We didn’t receive funds to replace those masks, protective gear and the anti-virals that we used for H1N1.” 

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

My favorite is the sub-headline of the hack piece by Kim Strassel.

If H1N1 had proved as deadly as Covid-19, it could have killed nearly two million.

So basically if it was a different and deadlier virus then it would've killed more people.

Brilliant.

😄

Andy not talking to Dem competency, of course.

Blind, dumb luck in 2009.  Vote Dem.

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You whined about H1N1 not being treated the same.

Then you claimed that I lied.

But the I quoted you.

Oops.

🤡

You seem to think you've made a great point.

H1N1 was given a pass. Basically from day one.

You are saying that's OK?  🤡  🤣

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've never left my work or my life. Most people who did are back to both already.

Maybe you've missed some alimony payments because of this?

I don't know.

But it's got nothing to with me.

Fortunately, my alimony payments - which were probably more than you make in a year - are a thing of the past.

And tell it to all the people still out of work, the small businesses that will never come back, the ones that are struggling due to capacity restrictions...

You'd think that there wasn't a stimulus plan in discussion that the Dems have been howling about.

Pick a story, Andy  💩

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Lie bot malfunctioning.

Or maybe this is the stock response when one is clearly out of his depths and being exposed as a hack.

You can feel free to tell us about Obama and Biden's great response to H1N1 and how it was so much faster and expansive than Trump's with Covid.

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's almost as if I already addressed this and you ignored it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks?

Our rating: True

We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

And tell it to all the people still out of work, the small businesses that will never come back, the ones that are struggling due to capacity restrictions...

Yeah, it's almost as if a pandemic happened.

But I guess we should just ignore it because some laundromat or carry out might go out of business.

🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, concha said:

You can feel free to tell us about Obama and Biden's great response to H1N1 and how it was so much faster and expansive than Trump's with Covid.

~12,000 deaths in a year vs. ~200,000 in 7 months

The response didn't need to be "faster" or more "expansive" since it wasn't nearly as serious.

Again, facts.

🤷‍♂️

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Luck is certainly involved in virology.

Unfortunately for you competency can mitigate even the worst crises and Trump is a bozo who downplayed it which caused thousands of people to die.

🤷‍♂️

So while Trump was declaring emergencies, getting the public and private sectors mobilized, and his administration was trying to replenish the shelves that Obama had left bare...

Andy's team was complaining about travel restrictions, trying to pack people into festivals and was sending sick people into old folks homes.

In fact, if you look at the stats, the highest fatality rates tend to be in blue states.

Deaths per million?  The "Top" 4 states are all blue.

Confirmed case fatality rates?  The top of the list is all blue.

And we know the reaction to H1N1 under the Dems:

Former Biden chief of staff Ron Klain said in 2019: “We did every possible thing wrong.

But, but... Trump.

Andy = 💩

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

So while Trump was declaring emergencies, getting the public and private sectors mobilized, and his administration was trying to replenish the shelves that Obama had left bare...

Trump admitted to downplaying it.

As if we needed any more proof other than his actions.

Every single thing he did in public was designed to downplay it and prop up the stock market.

Nobody with an ounce of dignity can claim otherwise. The evidence is overwhelming.

Trump's people said that the national stockpile was "theirs" and wasn't going to be shared with the states.

Every fact on this issue has been ignored by toadies like you.

I bet you can't even bring yourself to admit a single one of them.

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yeah, it's almost as if a pandemic happened.

But I guess we should just ignore it because some laundromat or carry out might go out of business.

🤷‍♂️

Or maybe pay attention to what's been learned:  🤡

IFR per the latest CDC numbers:

Age 0-19:  0.003% (3 in 100,000)

Age 20-49:  0.02% (2 in 10,000)

Age 50-69:  0.5%  (5 in 1,000)

Age 70+:  5.4%  (~5 in 100)

The average age of a person dying from Covid is well into their 70s.

Nearly 80% of deaths in this country are people of retirement age (over 65). https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Andy = 💩