The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

6 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You're delusional.

Venice can't do anything offensively against STA.

That may well be the case. But, if your basis for the above conclusion is the results of previous seasons-or Venice suffering the same fate vs. IMG as Duncanville and Edgewater- I think you will be shown to be mistaken. I think you're making a similar mistake to what you did with Lakeland in 2018. A schedule may have nothing more than mediocre to good teams (Sarasota Riverview and Lakeland are good, not great teams this year) but if a team absolutely obliterates every team on the schedule in a way it doesn't normally do, that is telling as well. The 2017 Venice team struggled a lot with Braden River; this team hasn't struggled against anyone, despite playing two teams comparable or better to that Braden River team. 

20 hours ago, badrouter said:

But, if your basis for the above conclusion is the results of previous seasons-or Venice suffering the same fate vs. IMG as Duncanville and Edgewater- I think you will be shown to be mistaken.

My basis is that Venice doesn't have good football players and gets bullied up front.

Your understanding of this stuff is very base.

20 hours ago, badrouter said:

I think you're making a similar mistake to what you did with Lakeland in 2018. A schedule may have nothing more than mediocre to good teams (Sarasota Riverview and Lakeland are good, not great teams this year) but if a team absolutely obliterates every team on the schedule in a way it doesn't normally do, that is telling as well. The 2017 Venice team struggled a lot with Braden River; this team hasn't struggled against anyone, despite playing two teams comparable or better to that Braden River team. 

I didn't make a mistake about Lakeland. Their schedule was atrocious and they didn't actually obliterate everybody they played.

And Venice didn't obliterate Riverview or Lakeland.

Venice has the same kind of players that they always have.

The 2016 Venice team won their 13 games by an average of 39 points. Then they stepped on the field against STA and looked like a JV team.

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

My basis is that Venice doesn't have good football players and gets bullied up front.

Your understanding of this stuff is very base.

What's missing is your adjustment for 2020 teams. Your entire basis for your conclusions are built around either teams from years past, or IMG blowing Venice out. But IMG just went to Texas and blew Duncanville out. So, the IMG game is rather meaningless. Focus instead on results against high school teams. Venice is unbeaten and unchallenged, and road games vs. Sarasota Riverview and Lakeland should not be cakewalks. I think the Venice defense is much better than the 2016 and 2017 defenses-they've recruited much better of late. I know the QB is better. And if the only game you've seen him play is two weeks after moving in from Illinois vs. IMG, you're working with insufficient information. 

What do you anticipate happening when Venice takes on American Heritage?

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

Venice is unbeaten and unchallenged, and road games vs. Sarasota Riverview and Lakeland should not be cakewalks.

Why do you keep repeating this irrelevant information?

Riverview is not good and Lakeland is back to what they were before 2018. Mostly irrelevant and losing to the Viera's and Venice's of the world.

Just some insight into who we're dealing with here.

On 9/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, badrouter said:

In their only game against a H.S. team, they beat typically loaded Jax Raines 40-6. Maybe it being Raines' first game in Covid world explains that result. But, in most normal years, a blowout of Raines means you're one of the top handful of teams in the state.

Raines is 1-4 and has lost to Terry Parker and Sandalwood in back-to-back weeks.

🤡

13 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

American Heritage is not nearly as good as STA up front and Venice will still struggle to score.

Well, at the very least we have what may be your very first prediction on the board!

FWIW, I'm not sure ANY DL in the state is better than Lakeland's. The back seven is green and full of holes. But, the front is excellent. Blazek is able to work well even without a great run game or protection, though his OL is pretty good anyway. I will be watching with much interest to see what happens vs. AH.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Well, at the very least we have what may be your very first prediction on the board!

FWIW, I'm not sure ANY DL in the state is better than Lakeland's. The back seven is green and full of holes. But, the front is excellent. Blazek is able to work well even without a great run game or protection, though his OL is pretty good anyway. I will be watching with much interest to see what happens vs. AH.

I realize you said "the state" so I apologize for barging in...but when you talk about D-Lines...

Colquitt doesn't run a 4-3-4 very often...it's usually a 3-3-5.  But I'd throw out our No.8...No.93...No.95...and No.96 against a lot of high school teams.  A LOT.

Hawg may have a different point of view..

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I realize you said "the state" so I apologize for barging in...but when you talk about D-Lines...

Colquitt doesn't run a 4-3-4 very often...it's usually a 3-3-5.  But I'd throw out our No.8...No.93...No.95...and No.96 against a lot of high school teams.  A LOT.

Hawg may have a different point of view..

Rufus>>

Absolutely. probably one of the best DLs in the Southeast. And I think Hawg would agree.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:49 PM, Atticus Finch said:

I didn't make a mistake about Lakeland. Their schedule was atrocious and they didn't actually obliterate everybody they played.

And Venice didn't obliterate Riverview or Lakeland.

Venice has the same kind of players that they always have.

The 2016 Venice team won their 13 games by an average of 39 points. Then they stepped on the field against STA and looked like a JV team.

You certainly thought STA would win states and at no point during the week did you ever say Lakeland had any shot of beating them

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Just some insight into who we're dealing with here.

Raines is 1-4 and has lost to Terry Parker and Sandalwood in back-to-back weeks.

🤡

2 more teams you have never seen play

And that's adding to Raines which was mentioned before who you also have never seen play 

But let's talk about what we deal with regarding you clown face