Marietta is 1-4.

HooverOutlaw

19 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You sound like a true fan of a one year lightning in a bottle guy.  Like Auburn fans. Long term tradition trumps 1 year flukes every time. 

I’d say defending champions trump all, as the most recent ring is the thing. Until Marietta & LSU aren’t, they are! 

I would rather one title every ten years than five runner ups in ten years. Having been both myself this is just my opinion. Being runner up fucking sucks. Trust me. Is it better than being seventh or twelfth?  🤷‍♂️ I guess. But watching some asshole who just beat you prancing around is a hollow feeling and one that you never get over if you’re a competitor. Ever!

Gospel

19 hours ago, Ga96 said:

notice larry ass didn't make a comment he is too busy hating on Lowndes. No recruits and his imps getting steamed rolled every week.

Dude, you make more posts about me than you do your own team. This isn’t a question, but a fact. 

I’ve warned you about pissing mama off and making her jealous in regards to your obsession with me. Mexican women are nuttier than a rat in a tin shithouse! Believe me. I know! Was raised by one and then lost my mind for a minute and married another. 

Watch yourself pal. 

13 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’d say defending champions trump all, as the most recent ring is the thing. Until Marietta & LSU aren’t, they are! 

I would rather one title every ten years than five runner ups in ten years. Having been both myself this is just my opinion. Being runner up fucking sucks. Trust me. Is it better than being seventh or twelfth?  🤷‍♂️ I guess. But watching some asshole who just beat you prancing around is a hollow feeling and one that you never get over if you’re a competitor. Ever!

Gospel

Every 10 years? lol. You meant every 50 years right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

LSU lol

I spoke on LSU. Y’all don’t go telling lies about your boy. 

I don’t run, I don’t lie and I don’t make excuses. I’m not from certain areas of South Georgia if you get my drift....... 

My teams are what we are this year. with Marietta we are woefully small. We make rufus’ undersized piglets look like monsters. People thought I was kidding when I said out LT was less than 200lbs, but they see him and apologize for thinking I lied. Now we will get better. We are looking better from week one to week five. Our QB1 has been awesome while running for his life some of the time. He threw for about 300 and ran for 170 against Parkview last week. I’ll update his season stats when they add this week in. The future is bright, just gotta get bigger. 

LSU.......Young, but should be 3-0 and look awful. My opinion on LSU is our defense is lost. From the DC (who I blame the most) to the last walk on, lost. In our two losses when we’ve have obvious adjustments that need to be made, none have been. I am curious to see if any immediate changes are made, as they should be. The goal line offense yesterday was atrocious! I’m all for for TDP sup the gut but you do it from under center where he has some momentum and just for shits and giggles I’d throw Tory Carter in Front of him to bust somebody into pieces. 

Won’t lie and say I thought we’d go back to back, but I’ll be damned if I thought we’d be 1-2! 

10 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

Hahaha tell that to the kids and parents. 

You know parents are gonna parent and they know more than any coach ever. 

I watched a parent yelling at a coach from the stands the other night for getting on his kid. I laughed out loud. My wife wasn’t happy with me. The coach has every right to chew the kid out but daddy dearest wanted errrbody to know that it wasn’t his kids fault for being out of position, but the coaches. It was funny because the rest of the secondary was playing zone while he manned up and left his side of the field uncovered. 

As somebody who has played, coached and parented a football player let me offer this advice to parents. If you want to get on somebody, the only person you should is your child. Don’t berate his teammates. Don’t berate his coaches. Don’t berate the other team. Don’t embarrass your kid and family by making a fool of yourself. 

I almost forget, it’s ok to berate the officials. Matter of fact, I encourage that. It’s the one thing everybody on both teams agrees on! 

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I watched a parent yelling at a coach from the stands the other night for getting on his kid. I laughed out loud. My wife wasn’t happy with me. The coach has every right to chew the kid out but daddy dearest wanted errrbody to know that it wasn’t his kids fault for being out of position, but the coaches. It was funny because the rest of the secondary was playing zone while he manned up and left his side of the field uncovered. 

As somebody who has played, coached and parented a football player let me offer this advice to parents. If you want to get on somebody, the only person you should is your child. Don’t berate his teammates. Don’t berate his coaches. Don’t berate the other team. Don’t embarrass your kid and family by making a fool of yourself. 

I almost forget, it’s ok to berate the officials. Matter of fact, I encourage that. It’s the one thing everybody on both teams agrees on! 

Agree I was just pointing out that winning an OOC game last year means nothing to the community this year. They want to win. But agree with you about parents.

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

HEY !!!!

If it weren't for the parents...there wouldn't be no frigging kids to play !!!!

Use your brain....

Rufus>>

33 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Agree I was just pointing out that winning an OOC game last year means nothing to the community this year. They want to win. But agree with you about parents.

I agree. I don’t give a rats ass about winning OOS games. It looks cute and all, but other than preparation for better competition it’s meaningless. 

I appreciate Coach Morgan wants to get the kids in games versus competition that’s perhaps better than they’ll face in georgia, but other than that meh. The goal is to win the week. Every week you start off 0-0. We go into region play 1-4, but it has zero effect on where we will finish in region or after. 

Marietta is 0-0 and has a chance to be 1-0 in a few weeks. That’s the only game that matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree. I don’t give a rats ass about winning OOS games. It looks cute and all, but other than preparation for better competition it’s meaningless. 

I appreciate Coach Morgan wants to get the kids in games versus competition that’s perhaps better than they’ll face in georgia, but other than that meh. The goal is to win the week. Every week you start off 0-0. We go into region play 1-4, but it has zero effect on where we will finish in region or after. 

Marietta is 0-0 and has a chance to be 1-0 in a few weeks. That’s the only game that matters. 

You sound like an Auburn fan saying only certain games matter.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You sound like an Auburn fan saying only certain games matter.  

College is different genius.

I don’t know how it works for the three HS teams that are worth a fuck in alabama, but in georgia we have five preseason games and five region games (most anyway, some vary by a game or two). Anywho, the preseason games are meaningless in that they will not cause you to miss the playoffs nor hurt you in any way. You can go 0-5 in the preseason and still win state. 

This is something that you could never accomplish in college. 

You’re better than this Bro. 

11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

College is different genius.

I don’t know how it works for the three HS teams that are worth a fuck in alabama, but in georgia we have five preseason games and five region games (most anyway, some vary by a game or two). Anywho, the preseason games are meaningless in that they will not cause you to miss the playoffs nor hurt you in any way. You can go 0-5 in the preseason and still win state. 

This is something that you could never accomplish in college. 

You’re better than this Bro. 

I understand how Georgia works perfectly.  Outside of Marietta all over Georgia Alabama etc those non region games matter to everyone else. Vestavia is Hoover's biggest rival sometimes they are in a different region thank goodness our Coaches don't say they are not n our region so it does not matter.  Even winning state and going 10-5 is nothing special. Winning state may not make up for 5 losses. You think Valdosta vs Lowndes is meaningless to the fans.  In Alabama the non region games could matter in a 3 way tie in region standings.  We do that before waffle house coin flips.

Well in those meaningless games Marietta is 1-4. 

Calpreps has Marietta ranked 109th in Georgia.  Marietta will make the playoffs it's a weak region. 

By the way what high school did you attend ?

Is LSU gonna beat the gators?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I understand how Georgia works perfectly.  Outside of Marietta all over Georgia Alabama etc those non region games matter to everyone else. Vestavia is Hoover's biggest rival sometimes they are in a different region thank goodness our Coaches don't say they are not n our region so it does not matter.  Even winning state and going 10-5 is nothing special. Winning state may not make up for 5 losses. You think Valdosta vs Lowndes is meaningless to the fans.  In Alabama the non region games could matter in a 3 way tie in region standings.  We do that before waffle house coin flips.

Calpreps has Marietta ranked 109th in Georgia.  Marietta will make the playoffs it's a weak region. 

Many of yeas fans cared more about the winnersville than the championship. If you lose the classic and win the championship the first thing you will hear is fans calling you the #2 team in the county. People don't understand how real that rivalry is. 

Larry doesn't understand because he is a transferred fan. He hasn't been anywhere long enough to get it.

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Ive noticed a lot of these so called fans on here don't even support the schools that they are alumni of. That's just pitiful as an alumni.

15 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Ive noticed a lot of these so called fans on here don't even support the schools that they are alumni of. That's just pitiful as an alumni.

These type fans that are not alumni will latch on to a good school instead of their own because their team is terrible.   Like a guy I used to work with depending who won he was an Alabama or an Auburn fan. Funny are the posters who will not say where they went.

That is one thing about South Georgia fans 99% went to the school they pull for.

• Like 2