Prediction: California won't have high school football in 2021, either.

badrouter

46 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

@Oldballcoach is exposed as a lying buffoon and his response to call someone else a snowflake and count the number of posts.

😄

Thanks snowflake I appreciate it.

Glad we were able to talk you off the ledge. Mental health issues are real and I’m glad you’re experiencing a moment of clarity. However You did kill my over under prediction. I had at least 6 to 7 posts I anticipated. Hope you can do better next time. Sorry to have triggered you seems like that is fairly easy.

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

It actually obviously demonstrates that the order has been ignored left and right.  Why is everyone ignoring the elephant in the room?

Oooh lookie 👀

Anus Flinch has someone licking his asshole clean....

but now there's an echo....

giphy.gif

PS: which part of people being locked down and not being able to go to work....

....did you not understand ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Oooh lookie 👀

Anus Flinch has someone licking his asshole clean....

but now there's an echo....

giphy.gif

Hey I can appreciate a civil discussion but his first move was name calling so time to screw with the snowflake. I have 3 coaches on my staff that don’t agree with me but we all get along and are friends. 

Right now he is in his basement screaming “Mom the meatloaf we want it now” 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Hey I can appreciate a civil discussion but his first move was name calling so time to screw with the snowflake. I have 3 coaches on my staff that don’t agree with me but we all get along and are friends. 

Right now he is in his basement screaming “Mom the meatloaf we want it now” 

no worries ....he's the village idiot 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Troll said:

And what does this have to do with the fact that people ignoring mask and social gathering mandates have led to the continued spread of the virus?  Once again, you are trying to argue two different points.  The financial struggles are real and the concerns are warranted, but not being able to work is a different argument than saying that lock downs did not help against the spread of the virus.  People in the locked down states have not gone to work, true, but have also not stayed away from other people enough to reduce the spread.

I live in Washington State, which is also pretty restricted and is also very tech related (meaning a lot of people are able work remotely) and my commute is essentially the same as it was pre-pandemic so I do question how many people are still unwillingly unable to work at all after nine months.  But again, this is a different argument than the initial one, but knowing your M.O., you have served your purpose.

3 hours ago, Rippers said:

And what does this have to do with the fact that people ignoring mask and social gathering mandates have led to the continued spread of the virus?  Once again, you are trying to argue two different points.

You mean out of all the measures in place,

people aren't going to just ignore the biggest elephant in the room?

You know ..... like you do.

Geeze...

that really sux when when you just can't cherrypick the stupidest argument to spew....

Oh well.....

at least you got to lick Anus Flinches asshole clean 👍

14 hours ago, Rippers said:

It actually obviously demonstrates that the order has been ignored left and right.  Why is everyone ignoring the elephant in the room?

"Pandemic fatigue" has been a reality since late March. But, the events that have been cancelled and the schools and businesses that were closed...really have been closed (very small though slowly increasing numbers are disregarding orders recently). Masks are required in every store in metro L.A., and I can't recall seeing anyone without them here. Yes, there are underground parties, which are largely unable to be stopped unless they are really huge. And that's kind of the point. The restrictions are not able to address the most significant factors contributing to the spread of the virus. Be it the density dynamics in place that I referenced in a link a few posts ago, or the disregarding of the orders by the public. Either way, closing down schools and businesses and ordering people into isolation DID NOT PREVENT THE VIRUS FROM SPREADING. The draconian closures and mandates only served to cause catastrophic harm in every other aspect of life. The egomaniacs setting the restrictions refuse to accept that fact. And the lefties who are some combination of frightened and wishing for a "great reset" and wanted the lockdowns from the start are never going to concede they were wrong. It's getting to Louie Gohmert level of shameful embarrassment. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rippers said:

And what does this have to do with the fact that people ignoring mask and social gathering mandates have led to the continued spread of the virus?  Once again, you are trying to argue two different points.  The financial struggles are real and the concerns are warranted, but not being able to work is a different argument than saying that lock downs did not help against the spread of the virus.  People in the locked down states have not gone to work, true, but have also not stayed away from other people enough to reduce the spread.

I live in Washington State, which is also pretty restricted and is also very tech related (meaning a lot of people are able work remotely) and my commute is essentially the same as it was pre-pandemic so I do question how many people are still unwillingly unable to work at all after nine months.  But again, this is a different argument than the initial one, but knowing your M.O., you have served your purpose.

There is no evidence, and no reason to believe, that ignoring mask and gathering mandates have occurred at a more significant rate in CA than anywhere else. But, even if we suspend that conversation momentarily and assume that the disregarding of the orders really is the problem, we're left to ask Exactly what good are the orders doing? We KNOW they are absolutely devastating in countless ways. And we know they didn't prevent a dramatic surge which rendered CA the epicenter, dropped ICU capacity in SoCal to 0% etc.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Either way, closing down schools and businesses and ordering people into isolation DID NOT PREVENT THE VIRUS FROM SPREADING.

It would be very interesting to see some specific numbers, but closing schools, especially the amount of college kids that were home, may have actually increased interaction in some areas and possibly the spread.  Most college kids aren’t staying at home once they’re off the computer. 

Ordering people into isolation is fine if that in and of itself doesn’t cause more interaction.  SO CA has a fairly large number of multi-family in one dwelling situations.  So now you’ve got a bunch of people that are all together a higher percentage of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is utterly asinine.

2.4 million cases and 26,500 deaths in the state. In the last month+, the stay-at-home orders, both statewide and in the most populous county, produced a dramatic INCREASE in cases, leading the state to become the epicenter. If the cases increase consistently for many weeks after the orders are implemented, the orders didn't work to stop or slow the virus from spreading. And this is likely because no health order can magically produce millions of new houses for people living in cramped quarters.

34 minutes ago, badrouter said:

2.4 million cases and 26,500 deaths in the state. In the last month+, the stay-at-home orders, both statewide and in the most populous county, produced a dramatic INCREASE in cases, leading the state to become the epicenter. If the cases increase consistently for many weeks after the orders are implemented, the orders didn't work to stop or slow the virus from spreading. And this is likely because no health order can magically produce millions of new houses for people living in cramped quarters.

Saying that isolation and quarantine does not matter to the spread of an infectious disease is demonstrably false. To suggest so is simply silly and has no basis in reality whatsoever.

You are peddling nonsense.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

This ignores, purposefully, what would have happened if there was no lock down. I say purposefully because you obviously have an agenda that you're trying to push which means that you necessarily have to lie to make it come right.

As I said before, it is pure speculation as to what would or would not happen if there was a different set of restrictions, or no restrictions at all. There is nothing factual or dishonest in play when you're simply speculating about what may have been. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Saying that isolation and quarantine does not matter to the spread of an infectious disease is demonstrably false. To suggest so is simply silly and has no basis in reality whatsoever.

You are peddling nonsense.

I didn't say that. I've been saying that the reality of the dynamics of the real world are that isolation and quarantine are simply not possible across large swaths of densely populated households.

The numbers speak for themselves. From the day the stay-at-home order was implemented in L.A. to five weeks later, cases increased more than four-fold. It represents the greatest surge-by far- in the entirety of the pandemic in the state. Times with fewer restrictions, like, say, in August, never saw spikes like what we've seen over the last month+ with a stay-at-home order in place.

39 minutes ago, badrouter said:

As I said before, it is pure speculation as to what would or would not happen if there was a different set of restrictions, or no restrictions at all.

It's not speculation as to what would happen if no restrictions were followed at all to mitigate the spread of an infectious disease.

Even ignorant peasants in biblical times understood quarantines. It's embarrassing that you don't.