Mao is cool again

Bormio

41 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Anita Dunn is back!  Former Obama communications director fired for saying Mao was one of her 2 favorite political philosophers.  Now to be a senior White House advisor.  I guess loving a guy that murdered 45 million doesn’t get you canceled.  Not in the “New America”.

She said that calling him a political philosopher was intentional irony, which makes sense, since the other member of the pair was Mother Theresa.

And she said that she lifted the Mao quote from the Republican strategist Lee Atwater, which makes sense since Mao is a world-historical figure who has been quoted by Republicans in the past.

Gingrich quoted Mao in 1995. Rove told a reported in 2008 that Bush had encouraged him to read a Mao biography.

But I agree that if we're going to cancel people for such things, we should at least be consistent.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

She said that calling him a political philosopher was intentional irony, which makes sense, since the other member of the pair was Mother Theresa.

And she said that she lifted the Mao quote from the Republican strategist Lee Atwater, which makes sense since Mao is a world-historical figure who has been quoted by Republicans in the past.

Gingrich quoted Mao in 1995. Rove told a reported in 2008 that Bush had encouraged him to read a Mao biography.

But I agree that if we're going to cancel people for such things, we should at least be consistent.

There is a difference between reading/quoting Mao and calling him one of your 2 favorite political philosophers.  Not sure I get Mother Teresa as a political philosopher, sounds like an attempt to get people to swallow the Mao comment without gagging

10 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

This is correct.

..bormio is still mad at life. It hasn't been kind to him lately.

He'll get over it and the next gripe he posts....

If I had a nickel for every time one of these republicans mention/reference adolf hitler I'd probably have 9 or 10 bucks by now.....I don't get it really...this stuff does NOT bother bormio and the rest of his kind.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-gop-congresswoman-mary-miller-says-hitler-remarks-about-democrats-20210108-wka4fva76naurmvehfcrzocdca-story.html

Comment about Hitler

On January 5, 2021, two days into her House term, Miller issued a prepared speech at the pro-Trump "Save America" rally to address the conservative group Moms for America.[10][11] She quoted Adolf Hitler, saying: "In a few elections, we're still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, 'whoever has the youth has the future'

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

If I had a nickel for every time one of these republicans mention/reference adolf hitler I'd probably have 9 or 10 bucks by now.....I don't get it really...this stuff does NOT bother bormio and rest of kind.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-gop-congresswoman-mary-miller-says-hitler-remarks-about-democrats-20210108-wka4fva76naurmvehfcrzocdca-story.html

Comment about Hitler

On January 5, 2021, two days into her House term, Miller issued a prepared speech at the pro-Trump "Save America" rally to address the conservative group Moms for America.[10][11] She quoted Adolf Hitler, saying: "In a few elections, we're still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, 'whoever has the youth has the future'

I mean really? WTF? 

SMDH

9 hours ago, Bormio said:

Anita Dunn is back!  Former Obama communications director fired for saying Mao was one of her 2 favorite political philosophers.  Now to be a senior White House advisor.  I guess loving a guy that murdered 45 million doesn’t get you canceled.  Not in the “New America”.

When you're a loser this is the kind of stuff you have to dig up.

She never said that she loved him. So being a loser and a liar.

• Haha 1