FL vs GA Allstar Game

94Packer

Got to watch my oldest sons LAST high school football game yesterday. It’s been a hell of a ride.

He got an opportunity to play in the FL vs GA game in Miami yesterday. The talent was amazing. The refs were homers but GA still pulled off the W. 
Larry Blustein, Kenyatta Watson, and Faheem Ali, brought  back to life a great game.

24F75AE3-682D-4C6B-93E5-BCA7F3415FE7.jpeg

16BBF198-032C-4ECD-AED1-07659B007A82.jpeg

1A6400CE-057A-4A10-9694-1F0802E46CF1.jpeg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Got to watch my oldest sons LAST high school football game yesterday. It’s been a hell of a ride.

He got an opportunity to play in the FL vs GA game in Miami yesterday. The talent was amazing. The refs were homers but GA still pulled off the W. 
Larry Blustein, Kenyatta Watson, and Faheem Ali, brought  back to life a great game.

FullSizeRender.mov 15.74 MB · 0 downloads

24F75AE3-682D-4C6B-93E5-BCA7F3415FE7.jpeg

16BBF198-032C-4ECD-AED1-07659B007A82.jpeg

1A6400CE-057A-4A10-9694-1F0802E46CF1.jpeg

On the GA v FL high school football all star game in general;

One of the most talent-filled games anytime these two play.

My favorite high school football game to see; talent, speed, size, strength! 

One of the best high school football games I've ever seen (99')! 

Congrats on the kid playing! 

And congrats on the GA win!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know Max is going to continue being a Packer Point Of Pride in everything he does. Great kid with a big heart and a helluva motor. 

Looking forward to whatever it is he does next. 

Ya know...looking at the pic above...and seeing the guy in blue...I wonder...just wonder...if he couldn't play O-Line...(Big Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Whatever happened to the Florida versus Georgia game in Thomasville? 

It happened last friday you can find it on youtube. Florida loss that one as well. There's has been at least 3 Ga vs Florida games this month all have ended with Ga winning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Thanks it was a cool experience!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ga96 said:

It happened last friday you can find it on youtube. Florida loss that one as well. There's has been at least 3 Ga vs Florida games this month all have ended with Ga winning.

Finally. After Florida winning 6-7 in a row, there was bound to be a time GA could take one 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_sports/war-of-the-border-georgia-looks-to-stop-6-game-skid-against-florida/article_dd8e9967-d8de-5f02-88fd-ef34706837f9.amp.html

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, sausmann9 said:

Yor probably have a good 25-30% of the NFL out of just those two states so ni doubt.  Look it this way - combined they're about equal to the population of TX and less than Cali but combined completely dwarf those states.  There is no stretch like GA through FL.....throw in Louisianna, AL and  MS and you'll see some crazy per capita stuff going on    https://thespun.com/nfl/graphic-the-10-u-s-states-with-the-most-current-nfl-players   

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Saint-Thomas-Aquinas-High-School-of-Fort-Lauderdale-Has-Most-NFL-Players--.aspx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yor probably have a good 25-30% of the NFL out of just those two states so ni doubt.  Look it this way - combined they're about equal to the population of TX and less than Cali but combined completely dwarf those states.  There is no stretch like GA through FL.....throw in Louisianna, AL and  MS and you'll see some crazy per capita stuff going on    https://thespun.com/nfl/graphic-the-10-u-s-states-with-the-most-current-nfl-players   

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Saint-Thomas-Aquinas-High-School-of-Fort-Lauderdale-Has-Most-NFL-Players--.aspx

If every projected star player played I would agree however not all the top players in both states participate

There are some good athletes on the field but sadly most all star games aren't set up to be "true all star teams" and instead are more a collection of whatever players they can get to agree to play in what is considered by many of them to be a "meaningless exhibition"

Just as people incorrectly claim St Thomas Aquinas is a SFL "all star" team 

It's very Inaccurate, all star would mean the best players at every position in all of SFL

If I cared enough to pull up every roster I could show better players at most positions that can be found in SFL on another team not named STA

STA has one of the deepest teams in SFL but are not an all star team, if they were truly an all star team they wouldn't even come close to losing to anyone they played no matter how lazy all star teams could choose to be (IMG) though honestly even IMG doesn't have the best of the best at every position on the team and therefore aren't all stars either despite the constant misuse of that term 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If every projected star player played I would agree however not all the top players in both states participate

There are some good athletes on the field but sadly most all star games aren't set up to be "true all star teams" and instead are more a collection of whatever players they can get to agree to play in what is considered by many of them to be a "meaningless exhibition"

True all-star games have gone out w/ the the end of the 90's.  Now that kids can enroll early in school or have these high profile coaches telling kids not to play b/c they report to campus in a month and the likes, have really killed all-star games.  To bring back a true all-star game, states like PA, OH, FL, GA, etc.. need to have a Juniors-only (seniors to be) at the start of the summer (June).  This would potentially put all seniors-to-be on the larger recruiting map prior to the season.  No college scholarships would be jeopardized due to injuries, etc..

PA and OH had the Big 33 game back in the day and it was one of the most  talent filled all-star game at every position played every june at Hershey PA.  Week long event w/ 3, 4 and 5 star studs finishing the week off w/ one hell of an all-star game. This game started back in the 60's w/ , Nameth and Adderly, and then Kelly, Marino, Montana, Dorsett, Harrison Sr, Ty Law, Curtis Martin, Ricky Waters, Lavar Arrrington, Bob Sander, and the likes.  The last great Big 33 games were really w/ Rothlesburger to Darrel Reevis, and that was right around the start of the 21st century (maybe 00'-02').  Now a days states are looking for county all stars to fill these rosters b/c all the 4 and 5 stars to "whatever" to play. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

True all-star games have gone out w/ the the end of the 90's.  Now that kids can enroll early in school or have these high profile coaches telling kids not to play b/c they report to campus in a month and the likes, have really killed all-star games.  To bring back a true all-star game, states like PA, OH, FL, GA, etc.. need to have a Juniors-only (seniors to be) at the start of the summer (June).  This would potentially put all seniors-to-be on the larger recruiting map prior to the season.  No college scholarships would be jeopardized due to injuries, etc..

PA and OH had the Big 33 game back in the day and it was one of the most  talent filled all-star game at every position played every june at Hershey PA.  Week long event w/ 3, 4 and 5 star studs finishing the week off w/ one hell of an all-star game. This game started back in the 60's w/ , Nameth and Adderly, and then Kelly, Marino, Montana, Dorsett, Harrison Sr, Ty Law, Curtis Martin, Ricky Waters, Lavar Arrrington, Bob Sander, and the likes.  The last great Big 33 games were really w/ Rothlesburger to Darrel Reevis, and that was right around the start of the 21st century (maybe 00'-02').  Now a days states are looking for county all stars to fill these rosters b/c all the 4 and 5 stars to "whatever" to play. 

Under Armour does nationwide all star game starting in middle school on a invite only deal. Its held in Florida and for this year there was  Junior all star game between Fl and Georgia. Its hard to catch them because most aren't televised and even with the juniors you have opt outs due to campus visits camps and dual sport athletes. Ill try to find the film from the junior games. Ware Co. QB Thomas Castellons was the MVP

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

It's a shame because these events could be so much better and bigger if done correctly

I agree with the idea of making all star games more in the summer for upcoming seniors but even then some high school coaches or 7v7 travel coaches would object so honestly we probably have to accept these all star games don't hold the same weight they did in the past

I would much rather see a border war series with a state like FL vs GA during the early weeks of the regular season to get some of the top high school teams in both states to go head to head on the field just because it may be the closest we could see to an all star game in today's climate of sports 

• Like 2