Cheer up, Pop

Guest LOSer

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Never against scaling.Would be easy to quote me if I did...should be easy to find others as well.

Sure... maybe tomorrow... its 10pm,  I worked all day and Im not going back through 30-50 page long threads that are 5-40 pages back in this forum right now.

19 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Never against scaling.Would be easy to quote me if I did...should be easy to find others as well.

You like to, incorrectly, argue about PAMs not being related to their Official Projections also. 

You didnt understand what I was  doing using the GHSA in my PAM matchups and not the GHSA+GISA. 

You didnt understand the significance of the actual scores and the PAMs at the end of the season (to show if when a team goes back and plays in-state, if they are being given enough credit for their games... thats established by using ALL OOS games)

Those were 3 of them.

All 3 times you were made to look like an idiot. Youd think youd know when to give up. Had you just taken the time to understand it before posting

Thats not about scaling, its just a few things I remember you arguing because you like to argue... exactly like you are trying to do now.

57 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You like to, incorrectly, argue about PAMs not being related to their Official Projections also. 

You didnt understand what I was  doing using the GHSA in my PAM matchups and not the GHSA+GISA. 

You didnt understand the significance of the actual scores and the PAMs at the end of the season (to show if when a team goes back and plays in-state, if they are being given enough credit for their games... thats established by using ALL OOS games)

Those were 3 of them.

All 3 times you were made to look like an idiot. Youd think youd know when to give up. Had you just taken the time to understand it before posting

Thats not about scaling, its just a few things I remember you arguing because you like to argue... exactly like you are trying to do now.

lol everybody knew exactly what you did,Gave us the GHSA OOS games and try to tell us that it proved GA was undervalued while leaving out the GISA.Nothing you did was earth shaking(though you like to think so) Basic stuff we all learned in middle school

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

lol everybody knew exactly what you did,Gave us the GHSA OOS games and try to tell us that it proved GA was undervalued while leaving out the GISA.Nothing you did was earth shaking(though you like to think so) Basic stuff we all learned in middle school

Because CalPreps works that way. 

Technically, the GHSA and GISA should and do (naturally they do, I doubt Ned tries to seperate them) have 2 different scales.

Everybody knew what I was doing? Yeah they probably did seeing as how I made clear I was talking about the GHSA.

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

You had one guy (nor) challenge you to find a quote by Ned on scaling.One other(maybe pops) who wasn't convinced.The rest of us couldn't stand your endless obnoxious obsession on the subject and voiced our displeasure.I can't blame you for lumping everyone together since so many couldn't stand another CP post by you

Please count me among those that find his thousands of CP posts obnoxious 

if I ever challenged him to go find something, that was just throwing a dog a bone to focus on something else in the time the retrieval takes 

Just now, 954gator said:

Man, honestly I just can't wait for the season to start so I'm just bustin some chops!   

No worries

i think we're all about 50% excited for season and 50% wishing echs would stop congratulating himself in every thread

just for a change of topic, how bout a FL top 10?

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

No worries

i think we're all about 50% excited for season and 50% wishing echs would stop congratulating himself in every thread

just for a change of topic, how bout a FL top 10?

Hmm off the top of my head...

IMG

STA

MNW

AHP

Carol City

Miami Central

Armwood

Jax Trinity Christian

Cardinal Gibbons

Chaminade 

Honestly though this list will probably be waaay off.   There's a lot of teams that could be in that 5-10 slot.  BTW, Southridge, Dr.P, Mainland, Deerfield Beach, Atlantic, Cocoa, too many that could change.  I hear Miramar is going to be pretty good as well.  Lakeland and Plant look like they'll be getting back into form.   We'll have a better idea after the first few weeks who the pretenders and contenders are.

It's going to be an interestig season, especially since the tranfer rule changes.  We might see some teams that used to be powers back in form.    

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
9 hours ago, 954gator said:

Bumped some interesting debate threads on the subject lol.  You missed a lot.

Then it will be really easy for him to prove it.

I'm not saying that certain people weren't dismissive of him but anybody who grasps computer-based rating systems understands that some kind of scale is used. Also, anybody who followed Calpreps back in the day (2006-07) knows about the scaling changes around that time.

Guest LOSer
8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Although it was purely a lack of understanding on their part.

Which is my argument as I said above.

If anything they just didn't understand the algorithm.

Guest LOSer
7 hours ago, Pops said:

Please count me among those that find his thousands of CP posts obnoxious 

As do I.

So Calpreps undervalues Florida. Who cares?

But with him and Georgia it's a blood feud.

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

Hmm off the top of my head...

IMG

STA

MNW

AHP

Carol City

Miami Central

Armwood

Jax Trinity Christian

Cardinal Gibbons

Chaminade 

Honestly though this list will probably be waaay off.   There's a lot of teams that could be in that 5-10 slot.  BTW, Southridge, Dr.P, Mainland, Deerfield Beach, Atlantic, Cocoa, too many that could change.  I hear Miramar is going to be pretty good as well.  Lakeland and Plant look like they'll be getting back into form.   We'll have a better idea after the first few weeks who the pretenders and contenders are.

It's going to be an interestig season, especially since the tranfer rule changes.  We might see some teams that used to be powers back in form.    

Take IMG off that damn list! They're in a category of their own

• Like 1