Larry did you catch anything fishing?

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's lower on my list. I maybe would put bream ahead of it, but, really, if it's salted and fried properly, catfish is a decent food fish. 

I placed Scamp at the top of my list realizing it's technically a species of Grouper while I have "grouper" in general much lower on the list. Scamp is very rare which adds to the mystique. Nice clean white meat with large flakes that has a little sweetness to it. 

My go to fish as far as eating on a regular are Mahi Mahi, Speckled Trout and Flounder. Can't go wrong with any of those. 

Dumb question 🙋‍♀️ but do these all taste the same just different flavors , or they all taste different 

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Dumb question 🙋‍♀️ but do these all taste the same just different flavors , or they all taste different 

They all taste different and have different textures as well. For me, texture on fish is almost as important as flavor. I think that's why I prefer fried as it solidifies the meat better than other preparation methods. 

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My top 10 favorites in order that I like them... Preparation does make a difference. I prefer southern style fried on all species. Some do well broiled, grilled or blackened but I've never liked one better than fried if I tried them both ways.

Scamp

Speckled Trout

Mahi Mahi

Snapper

Grouper

Flounder

Red Fish

Speckled Perch

Bass

Catfish

Bass... large mouth? Who eats fresh water bass?

Nobody. 

Hahaha 😝 

bgw

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They all taste different and have different textures as well. For me, texture on fish is almost as important as flavor. I think that's why I prefer fried as it solidifies the meat better than other preparation methods. 

Fried? Good grief son, what is your cholesterol level anyways?

Everything fried taste good, that why it’s fried. 

bgw

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Try grilled or blackened, your heart will throw a party. 

bgw

I like grilled and blackened. I still prefer fried. 

I aint sweatin' cholesterol levels because fish is about the only thing I do eat fried in oil or grease except occasionally some chicken. 

I guess if I was eating fish more than a few times per month, I'd explore some other methods more heavily. 

As for bass... Oh yeah. I eat what I catch. I prefer the small yearling bass. They're pretty fine eating for a southern fella like me. About a hundred yards out back or across to my left I can go and catch a couple of those for dinner, practically every day. 😋

That was seeming like a good to great ability about this same time last year. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like grilled and blackened. I still prefer fried. 

I aint sweatin' cholesterol levels because fish is about the only thing I do eat fried in oil or grease except occasionally some chicken. 

I guess if I was eating fish more than a few times per month, I'd explore some other methods more heavily. 

As for bass... Oh yeah. I eat what I catch. I prefer the small yearling bass. They're pretty fine eating for a southern fella like me. About a hundred yards out back or across to my left I can go and catch a couple of those for dinner, practically every day. 😋

That was seeming like a good to great ability about this same time last year. 

Bass? That’s sporting fish not eating fish. Dunno, we gonna disagree here, and I’m not stopping by for supper either... you’ll get ideas!!! 

Catfish? Hell yeah and the rest on that list....

Hahaha. 

bgw

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bass? That’s sporting fish not eating fish. Dunno, we gonna disagree here, and I’m not stopping by for supper either... you’ll get ideas!!! 

Hahaha. 

bgw

Are you shitting me , every one and their mothers fish for bass and the fish doesn’t even taste good, that’s so fuxked

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hahaha. 

bgw

So I’m not a big fish eater, but how in the hell are you going to talk about mother fuckers eating bass when you chow down on catfish? Catfish is a bottom feeding mud fish. Nasty. 

JMO

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

So I’m not a big fish eater, but how in the hell are you going to talk about mother fuckers eating bass when you chow down on catfish? Catfish is a bottom feeding mud fish. Nasty. 

JMO

Lol so I googled catfish taste, 

The flavors are varied, but are often described as musty, muddy, woody, sewage, rotten or diesel tasting.

🤤 😋 tasty 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

JMO

Not farm raised catfish city slicker....

You need to take Southerner 101, you’re from Pukatah remember?

bgw

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not farm raised catfish city slicker....

You need to take Southerner 101, you’re from Pukatah remember?

bgw

Ah. So you bitch fish? 

A bitch fisherman is one who goes to his local supermarket and buys “farm raised catfish” out of the “fresh fish” section of the butcher shop. 

Color me shocked....... 😂 

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

Ah. So you bitch fish? 

A bitch fisherman is one who goes to his local supermarket and buys “farm raised catfish” out of the “fresh fish” section of the butcher shop. 

Color me shocked....... 😂 

I dunno where you got that idea. 

Puta. 

But stay colored shocked, the CTE seems to be kicking in. 

bgw

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I dunno where you got that idea. 

Puta. 

But stay colored shocked, the CTE seems to be kicking in. 

bgw

While you may be right about the CTE, there’s no doubt I am right about HI Shabazz waiting on aisle 27 for the butcher to catch his dinner for him. 

🎣 😂 

51 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

While you may be right about the CTE, there’s no doubt I am right about HI Shabazz waiting on aisle 27 for the butcher to catch his dinner for him. 

🎣 😂 

Hahahaha.... nope.

What didja catch last year, nada?

I was on the water and yes I caught some dinner, the crevalle jacks went back in... the spanish macks, and flounder on the grill.

On artificials.... inshore.

bgw

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hahahaha.... nope.

What didja catch last year, nada?

I was on the water and yes I caught some dinner, the crevalle jacks went back in... the spanish macks, and flounder on the grill.

On artificials.... inshore.

bgw

We caught plenty. Everything that was legal was eaten. I tried the Trigger fish and it wasn’t bad. Believe we took some to Harbor Docks (if I remember correctly) and they did it justice.

What wuz you sayin’ bout getting skunked? 

PUBLIX OVERHEAD INTERCOM

“Attention Publix shoppers. Honorable Imam Shabazz, your catfish is ready in the seafood department. Thank you, and enjoy your shopping here at Publix, where shopping is a pleasure.” 

8F172090-66E0-45B5-A79E-37B119A4C88D.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

We caught plenty. Everything that was legal was eaten. I tried the Trigger fish and it wasn’t bad. Believe we took some to Harbor Docks (if I remember correctly) and they did it justice.

PUBLIX OVERHEAD INTERCOM

“Attention Publix shoppers. Honorable Imam Shabazz, your catfish is ready in the seafood department. Thank you, and enjoy your shopping here at Publix, where shopping is a pleasure.” 

I'll never speak bad on the kids, I see you hiding behind Lil sweets tighty whiteys.....

Come out to play Punchy....

bgw

20 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

PUBLIX OVERHEAD INTERCOM

Look like a couple of bee liners and some trigger fish in there. 

28 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

PUBLIX OVERHEAD INTERCOM

Nice , but why is he holding the bait?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hahaha. 

bgw

Bass has a nice white meat with really large flakes. My only complaint about it is there is a lot of black veins that run through the flesh and the larger or older the fish gets the more an iodine type of flavor comes through. The younger yearlings generally have less visible veins and less of that iodine type flavor. 

As with most any fish, habitat has a lot to do with the flavor. I generally prefer fish from the saltwater first and foremost, but, freshwater fish from rivers and streams or clean ponds that aren't supporting livestock are good in general. 

• Haha 1