Larry did you catch anything fishing?

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bass has a nice white meat with really large flakes. My only complaint about it is there is a lot of black veins that run through the flesh and the larger or older the fish gets the more an iodine type of flavor comes through. The younger yearlings generally have less visible veins and less of that iodine type flavor. 

As with most any fish, habitat has a lot to do with the flavor. I generally prefer fish from the saltwater first and foremost, but, freshwater fish from rivers and streams or clean ponds that aren't supporting livestock are good in general. 

I keep forgetting y’all from SoWga , y’all deep fry roadkill , bass and catfish is like Caviar to yall

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bass has a nice white meat with really large flakes. My only complaint about it is there is a lot of black veins that run through the flesh and the larger or older the fish gets the more an iodine type of flavor comes through. The younger yearlings generally have less visible veins and less of that iodine type flavor. 

As with most any fish, habitat has a lot to do with the flavor. I generally prefer fish from the saltwater first and foremost, but, freshwater fish from rivers and streams or clean ponds that aren't supporting livestock are good in general. 

Okay Hawg,

You bring forethought, science and techy terms.... I ain't eating farm raised no way no how.

Hahahaha.

bgw

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Okay Hawg,

You bring forethought, science and techy terms.... I ain't eating farm raised no way no how.

Hahahaha.

bgw

My issue of fish is A. It’s Taste like plastic and B , if I won’t fill a cup of the water and drink from where the fish is from  then why the fuxk would I eat the fish 🎣 

only fish I’ll eat is if Grizzly Adams himself Catches barehanded in the Yukon River

• Haha 2

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

My issue of fish is A. It’s Taste like plastic and B , if I won’t fill a cup of the water and drink from where the fish is from  then why the fuxk would I eat the fish 🎣 

only fish I’ll eat is if Grizzly Adams himself Catches barehanded in the Yukon River

I hear you dawg, you're missing out especially some of that deep water cold saltwater fish ya'll got up there...THAT is good eating fish and healthy....

bgw

I used to do a lot of wade fishing in the bays South of Galveston.  I used mud minnows or soft plastics for flounder.  Crab for reds.  Soft plastics for speckled trout.

My favorite way to prepare flounder and trout is to marinate the fillets in Louisiana brand hot sauce for a couple hours, batter and fry.  Great flavor, not much heat.  I prefer my redfish blackened, or grilled.  I'll eat catfish on occasion, but it's probably my least favorite.  Too mushy and "earthy" tasting.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

I used to do a lot of wade fishing in the bays South of Galveston.  I used mud minnows or soft plastics for flounder.  Crab for reds.  Soft plastics for speckled trout.

My favorite way to prepare flounder and trout is to marinate the fillets in Louisiana brand hot sauce for a couple hours, batter and fry.  Great flavor, not much heat.  I prefer my redfish blackened, or grilled.  I'll eat catfish on occasion, but it's probably my least favorite.  Too mushy and "earthy" tasting.

I agree about catfish. The texture is bad. I can actually enjoy the flavor of the smaller fish, but, that texture is off putting.

I LOVE catfish...... very underrated fish. One of my favorite items on the seafood platter when we do it. My wife can fry some good catfish when she's in the mood. When it's hot and steaming it's mmmmm mmmm! 👍

I think the problem is a lot of people don't know how to fry it....takes a little work.

This guy gets it....