Larry did you catch anything fishing?

HooverOutlaw

If not just enjoy the fact it has been almost 48 hours since any more terrible new news out of Baton Rouge has hit the news cycle.

No new investigations or 50 million dollar lawsuits.

But if something breaks I will post it no matter how bad it makes LSU and its loyal graduates look.

Enjoy being back in the real world from vacation. Nothing changed LSU is still covering up sex crimes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If not just enjoy the fact it has been almost 48 hours since any more terrible new news out of Baton Rouge has hit the news cycle.

No new investigations or 50 million dollar lawsuits.

But if something breaks I will post it no matter how bad it makes LSU and its loyal graduates look.

Enjoy being back in the real world from vacation. Nothing changed LSU is still covering up sex crimes. 

We didn’t fish. I swam with the dolphins in water so cold it made my ding-a-ling a peepee. The Captain said it was 67 degrees, but he was full of shit. couple that with them not telling us they didn’t have wetsuits (no way in hell we’d have booked if we’d known) until we were In the middle of the fucking ocean and it wasn’t the best day ever. 

As far the lawsuit goes, I laughed so hard I might have cracked a rib. She wants folks to believe she’s been harassed and vilified for 15+ years and the dumb bitch chose to stay employed (and kept accepting those promotions, one as recently as a few months ago) by the same place?!? Yea, that makes sense. Just another lazy piece of shit looking for a free ride. 

If you get ten minutes, watch her attorneys press conference. I wouldn’t hire those buffoons to get me out of a jaywalking ticket. 

😂 

• Like 1

As far as fishing.... my report goes like this. The water is cold inshore, no top water bites. Got on some no keeper redfish, couple flounder... nice size, Spanish macks on cut bait and crevalle jacks on artificials. Matter of fact all were on artificials but the Spanish mack. Went out daybreak Thursday morning put in at Palm Valley, the sun was breaking over the tree line at 10 o’clock, water was flat as glass and it was picturesque and spectacular.... still chilly, wore my rain gear to break the wind while motoring to the fishing holes. 
Great weather all week, COVID got everybody plus some fishing... bait shops, tackle shops and gas pumps were booming, the ramps were covered up with trucks and trailers. On a weekday!

Over and out.....

bgw

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

We didn’t fish. I swam with the dolphins in water so cold it made my ding-a-ling a peepee. The Captain said it was 67 degrees, but he was full of shit. couple that with them not telling us they didn’t have wetsuits (no way in hell we’d have booked if we’d known) until we were In the middle of the fucking ocean and it wasn’t the best day ever. 

As far the lawsuit goes, I laughed so hard I might have cracked a rib. She wants folks to believe she’s been harassed and vilified for 15+ years and the dumb bitch chose to stay employed (and kept accepting those promotions, one as recently as a few months ago) by the same place?!? Yea, that makes sense. Just another lazy piece of shit looking for a free ride. 

If you get ten minutes, watch her attorneys press conference. I wouldn’t hire those buffoons to get me out of a jaywalking ticket. 

😂

Who the fuck gets on a boAt and don’t go fishing, that shit just make no Licking sense 

who recommended the charter

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who the fuck gets on a boAt and don’t go fishing, that shit just make no Licking sense 

who recommended the charter

I have been on maybe three and have never been fishing. Why hunt the little fishies? 🐠 🥺

Tubing is exciting though.

#StopAsianHate

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

As far as fishing.... my report goes like this. The water is cold inshore, no top water bites. Got on some no keeper redfish, couple flounder... nice size, Spanish macks on cut bait and crevalle jacks on artificials. Matter of fact all were on artificials but the Spanish mack. Went out daybreak Thursday morning put in at Palm Valley, the sun was breaking over the tree line at 10 o’clock, water was flat as glass and it was picturesque and spectacular.... still chilly, wore my rain gear to break the wind while motoring to the fishing holes. 
Great weather all week, COVID got everybody plus some fishing... bait shops, tackle shops and gas pumps were booming, the ramps were covered up with trucks and trailers. On a weekday!

Over and out.....

bgw

What did you use for redfish and flounder?

We normally use live shrimp.

Ever use gotchas?

40 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I have been on maybe three and have never been fishing. Why hunt the little fishies? 🐠 🥺

Tubing is exciting though.

Wtf dude , I’m so confused 🤷 , I thought u were from TeJas, home of mass Genocide of all Gods animal’s and you talking about fishes feelings, really tho if ur serious about not fishing, I’d be shocked 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

99% of the time I’m on a boat I’m not fishing, usually gettin hammered with the dolphins of Newport Beach 😂 

BC9DD9BD-D0F9-471C-B72D-2BCCD7A2B893.jpeg

l haven’t been in the ocean since I was 13 or 14, been down the shore a lot since but was always shit faced and never made it out motel or off boardwalk 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Got pretty close to some Blue Whales about 3/4 of the way down the Baja in the Sea of Cortez. A little fishing too. And a few beers.

image.thumb.png.757581cb4f4c23d620893e2a31caf3be.png

image.thumb.png.52a12f396038ae73ca1e0b30347f78d2.png

image.png.b02867adaf09293959bb0946b8db1cac.png

Awesome stuff! Fishing in Mexico is incredible. My pops and his friends make it down to Cabo at least once a year to catch some blue marlin. Can’t beat it. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What did you use for redfish and flounder?

We normally use live shrimp.

Ever use gotchas?

No bites on shrimp, too cold for popping corks and it didn’t occur to me to use jigs with the live shrimp. 

Used a paddle tail white soft bait on a 1/4oz jig head, don’t remember the name of it. 

Cast netted some mullet, used that for cut bait. The redfish and flounder were hitting the paddle tail soft bait. 

bgw

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wtf dude , I’m so confused 🤷 , I thought u were from TeJas, home of mass Genocide of all Gods animal’s and you talking about fishes feelings, really tho if ur serious about not fishing, I’d be shocked 

l haven’t been in the ocean since I was 13 or 14, been down the shore a lot since but was always shit faced and never made it out motel or off boardwalk 

I have really never been fishing before. 

Sorry, I have had pet fish and I’m somewhat allergic to eating certain types of fish 😒

Marine life are safe, everything else:B6525C3C-0612-4851-88D7-40220191F3B2.gif.1c50f5d3bc16a3ee02a40ad4fde2cc4f.gif

#StopAsianHate

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I'm pretty sure it is an albacore.

This is a Spanish mackerel 

spanish_mackerel.jpg?itok=sporcs2W

Well I’ll be damned, then I caught an albacore. 3 Floridians on the boat called it a Spanish mack. Wait I remember teeth....

Nevermind, it fought like hell.... never seen either before inshore. Great fighting fish and fast as hell, foul hooked it after it or another spit the hook. 

Schooling fish, amirite?

bgw

9 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Okay what are the absolute best tasting fish?????? I don’t eat fish unless it’s tuna 🍣 on a toasted Dunkie Donuts Croissant 

My top 10 favorites in order that I like them... Preparation does make a difference. I prefer southern style fried on all species. Some do well broiled, grilled or blackened but I've never liked one better than fried if I tried them both ways.

Scamp

Speckled Trout

Mahi Mahi

Snapper

Grouper

Flounder

Red Fish

Speckled Perch

Bass

Catfish

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

My top 10 favorites in order that I like them... Preparation does make a difference. I prefer southern style fried on all species. Some do well broiled, grilled or blackened but I've never liked one better than fried if I tried them both ways.

Scamp

Speckled Trout

Mahi Mahi

Snapper

Grouper

Flounder

Red Fish

Speckled Perch

Bass

Catfish

Ain’t no way a catfish taste good, it just seems like a dirty fish to eat

• Haha 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ain’t no way a catfish taste good, it just seems like a dirty fish to eat

It's lower on my list. I maybe would put bream ahead of it, but, really, if it's salted and fried properly, catfish is a decent food fish. 

I placed Scamp at the top of my list realizing it's technically a species of Grouper while I have "grouper" in general much lower on the list. Scamp is very rare which adds to the mystique. Nice clean white meat with large flakes that has a little sweetness to it. 

My go to fish as far as eating on a regular are Mahi Mahi, Speckled Trout and Flounder. Can't go wrong with any of those.