Hercules Sports Management....legit?

Jack Reacher

Brian Hercules was his name and he was based out of Seattle. 

The coach at Venice dealt with him and said he stunk. He didn't do anything but slap his name on stuff. The team Venice played gave them the same amount of travel assistance with or without him. He was just the middle man and wanted to promote himself. 

Once anyone dealt with him they told him to hit the road. 

A lot of shady promoters. Who was the guy who did the Bosco/Manatee doubleheader? He got sued as well. Same with the promoter who did the 4 game TX vs FL event. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Ken Halloy. 

Who sued him? I never heard anything negative about him -- especially compared to Hercules who I heard nothing but negative about him. 

http://m.ripoffreport.com/reports/buckeye-baseball-blockbuster/westerville-ohio-43081/buckeye-baseball-blockbuster-and-halloy-boy-sports-marketing-inc-and-ken-halloy-ken-ha-1215700

Well, apparently Hercules tried to set up a game between Odessa Permian, Texas and Lompoc, California. That's according to a representative from Lompoc. The problem was Permian already had a full schedule, at least until this past Thursday. This all came to light after Permian's game with Bishop Timon, New York was canceled by Bishop Timon. 

The Lompoc representative read about the Permian-Timon game being canceled, and contacted the Permian football website wondering what was going on, since he thought Lompoc was going to play Permian on that date. According to Permian they've never been contacted by anyone from Hercules Management about a game. Plus, the Lompoc schedule on Maxpreps shows them having a game on the date in question.

Here's what was posted on another forum by the Permian guy-

"Weird timing on this story.

Since the news about the (Bishop Timon) cancellation hit, I've been getting replies on my twitter page with opponent suggestions. They've all been nonsense for the most part, but one in particular is strange to say the least. A guy from Lompoc, California claims that we were supposed to host the team his little brother plays for on September 22nd. Said it had been confirmed recently and that some parents had even paid deposits for plane tickets, etc. 

I looked up his team on Max Preps and told him that Lompoc already had an opponent scheduled for that date. He finally sent me a picture of a brochure they were given that shows all the various details about rooms, meals etc. And it showed where we would be compensating them to defer travel costs as well as providing buses locally. Crazy, but the picture he sent looks legit.

So I looked up the company that is supposed to be doing this. In articles it appears at one time they were doing pretty well setting up out-of-state games. Sadly, it also appears the past year or so they have tried to set up deals that have fallen through, and have as yet not returned deposits. On the picture the California guy sent, the deadline to pay deposits for the trip was listed as July 6th. Of course, we (Permian) didn't know Bishop Timon was cancelling until yesterday. So this company could be considered scam artists at this time, and unfortunately it appears they may have been scamming this California team. 

I've made the athletic secretary aware of this and she's going to make the coaches aware Monday."

What a weird deal. I hope this Hercules guy gets his just desserts.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hercules is now living in the Phoenix, AZ area.  He was the equipment manager at a high school in the area for 2 years.  He was incredibly incompetent at this job and was on the verge of being fired before he finally resigned.  I can’t believe those who hired him did not google his name and learn about the theft of money from schools in his previous business.  At this latest job, his record keeping was poor, he was very unorganized, and very shady.  It is believed he may have stolen athletic equipment from the school and sold it for personal gain.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I remember Hercules being a crook years ago! Same with the guy who made that Texas vs Florida event in 2010, and same as that one guy who made a Florida vs USA the same year. His first name was Billy. They were all shady as hell and left teams on the hook to foot bills he promised. 

Same with the one guy from Ohio or PA. Remember he made that event where Cocoa play Jefferson,PA and Manatee played Woodland Hills. That guy screwed Mainland royally against St Ed’s. Said he was flying them up but when it came time to get the airline tickets he told them change of plans you are bussing up! 

Safe to say all these guys are far away from HSFB now