Season ending injury

coleg55

Hello I am very new to this forum as I am in bad need of advice. I recently tore my acl and it requires surgery, meaning I will miss the rest of my season. This just crushed me as I was expected to start OLB and I just have no idea on how to handle this situation. My life revolved around football and with it being taken away from me has really made me depressed. I just need help on what to do to help me get through this.

19 minutes ago, coleg55 said:

Hello I am very new to this forum as I am in bad need of advice. I recently tore my acl and it requires surgery, meaning I will miss the rest of my season. This just crushed me as I was expected to start OLB and I just have no idea on how to handle this situation. My life revolved around football and with it being taken away from me has really made me depressed. I just need help on what to do to help me get through this.

Are you a senior? 

If you are a senior maybe consider asking coaches if you could get some volunteer hours as a coaching intern and see if maybe you like coaching and could see a future in it,  a lot of players become coaches after playing days are over and let's them be a part of the game in a new way

If you still have more years you should still be around the program,  help other players and coaches while recovering so you won't completely be away from the game

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Are you a senior? 

If you are a senior maybe consider asking coaches if you could get some volunteer hours as a coaching intern and see if maybe you like coaching and could see a future in it,  a lot of players become coaches after playing days are over and let's them be a part of the game in a new way

If you still have more years you should still be around the program,  help other players and coaches while recovering so you won't completely be away from the game

Yes I am a senior. I don’t want this to be my last year but I don’t have much film on me. What are the possibilities I can still play somewhere, anywhere in college.

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely stay on the sidelines or in the pressbox as an assistant/intern/videographer etc. 

Having surgery or any other season ender is a tough thing to go through so I don't envy your position. 

Best of luck with the surgery and rehab. 

Thank you, I’m trying to stay active with my team and those ideas help.

• Like 1

Just now, coleg55 said:

Yes I am a senior. I don’t want this to be my last year but u don’t have much film on me. What are the possibilities I can still play somewhere, anywhere in college.

Thank you, I’m trying to stay active with my team and those ideas help.

Do you have any college you are interested in currently? 

Also if you are interested in continuing to play then going out of your way to help other players and coaches will be type of thing that will help 

Stay active with your team, help out where you can. 

By being active you’ll see the game through different eyes. It will be enriching, have these conversations with your academic counselor, your coaches and trusted mentors. 

Get on a clean diet and stay on it, work out body parts aside from the ACL injury. Being on a clean diet will keep your body fat down. You don’t want to get too far out of shape, use this opportunity to make sure your grades are on point. 

As far as game film for recruiting, your coaches should be able to steer you in the right direction. 

I’ll repost if I can think of anything else. 

Stay strong, this will make you stronger mentally 

Regards

BGW

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, coleg55 said:

If ur serious every single day u better rehab and train , Get as big an as strong as u can , since ur on the side line...

. Here’s your two options Go to a PG (post graduate school... just like high school but your a 5th year senior or go to a junior college JuCo and get game tape so u can transfer to a 4 year college 

ur not going to nfl so figure out what you wanna do for a living and then coach youth football on ur down time

19 hours ago, coleg55 said:

The best of the best don’t get injured. Football isn’t for you.

You’re a man now it’s time you find the 9-5 available. Lowes is hiring 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

The best of the best don’t get injured. Football isn’t for you.

You’re a man now it’s time you find the 9-5 available. Lowes is hiring 

Best of the best don't get injured? 

I hope this a joke because i saw a ton of injuries to star players in the NFL lately

JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers, Gronk

Just to name a few