Jeff Fisher's poll is out

golfaddict1

4 hours ago, LOSer said:

So what?

The couldn't score against a team that gave up 33 points to Ponte Vedra.

When you go 6-5 and suck that bad you can't claim it's because a tough schedule.

If bosco played STA's schedule they would of had the same record... MAYBE one more loss. Bosco would of also had the same record as DLS if they played their schedule. 

Now im not saying bosco was as good as STA and the margins of victory in those wins would not be as substantial but let's keep opponents in mind. 

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Whatever you say kid. Armwood has been to 9 or 10 state games in the last 15 years. History is on their side, not on yours. Your opinion is clearly one based on a very small sample size when they were running into the Dade County all-star team in the Finals (MC). MC was the flavor of the month in SF for a few years. But now, CC, Da West, and BTW will also be pulling players. I don't think Dade wins 6A this go around. 

Lake Gibson wasn't a dade county all star team

Neither was plant 

This is more about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill,  they are a good team, they are not as good as they being ranked and are by no means the 6a favorite 

11 hours ago, The Stache said:

Sooooo.  What's cooking gentlemen?  I see the word is getting out about my Once in a Generation offense this year. Who thinks we will hang 38+on BC?  What is the over/under on when I pull JT?  Halftime? 3rd Qtr?.  I plan on going vanilla all year until we play SJB for the Trinity League title.  Loser has to face Centennial in the Semi's.

They might but But BC will score too my early guess is 42-28 type of gm BC keeps gm close but loses late as costly TO or homecookin penalty does them in..

11 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I hate to say this (because I hate when other people say it) .... that game was the closest 21-0 game I've ever seen. Score not indicative of what happened. 

The archbishop moeller loss was a bad L though. 

Do you mean St. Joes Philly?

The problem with that AHP game was that DeVito played (and held the ball) like he had the 2015 Oline, his senior year he had 1 senior on that line

20 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

They might but But BC will score too my early guess is 42-28 type of gm BC keeps gm close but loses late as costly TO or homecookin penalty does them in..

Calpreps has it and again take it with a grain of salt but they have the projection MD 48 BC 13

Guest LOSer
21 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

If bosco played STA's schedule they would of had the same record... MAYBE one more loss.

How do you know this?

STA and Bosco have played the same programs (not in the same years though...) and STA has performed significantly better against them.

STA crushed Manatee twice (2010, 2012) while Bosco was losing in the 4th quarter (2011).

STA lost to Bishop Gorman in overtime (2016) while Bosco lost by two touchdowns (2015).

It's these kind of things, where people make broad judgement based on minute sample sizes, that makes this board silly.

Guest LOSer
25 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Now im not saying bosco was as good as STA and the margins of victory in those wins would not be as substantial but let's keep opponents in mind. 

I have no reason to respect Bergen Catholic, DePaul and St. Peter's Prep like you do.

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Like your self induced ban after the 24-7 loss....you disappeared until your expiration date

I've come and gone several times for many reasons.

But keep hanging on to that fading glory, dad.

Guest LOSer
Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idk if i remember correctly maybe you do but i believe BC is the only team to beat BG at home in the past 5 years. 

I will.

BTW and Mountain Pointe beat them too.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Zipcep said:

"several times"...I guess after the STA vs DBP it was just a coincidence 

You're not the first person to bring this up and be proven wrong.

You're just the latest.

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I am not a fan of their apparently raiding other schools around the country for talent especially for their senior year.  I also saw the IMG/Bishop Sullivan game on the internet late last year and knew that Bishop Sullivan should have won.  BS has recruited a lot of athletes themselves-bu at least their regional not from around the U. S.  Bishop Sullivan also has an identity as a Hampton Roads all star team representing a region which has been strong in ball for a long, long time.  IMG Academy is a concept that that a private equity firm and a talent agency are trying to mine high school athletes for a model that is similar to their other sports. The problem is that high school football is a tradition that, I believe, does not lend it self to national recruiting and living in dorms.  I have no problem with the best private schools recruiting out of 5, 10 million population metro areas and looking for the best athletes-but at least they'll go home at night.  At least they'll have traditional structured classes. For me a degree from DeMatha, from Mater Dei, from De La Salle, from Don Bosco or Bergen Catholic or Katy or St. xavier or Bishop Gorman means something.  I do not feal the same way about IMG.

Oh we know how you feel... but bottom line, IMG is not having difficulty filling a schedule and this year's version is a stout one.   Your issue should be with their opponents, not IMG anyway.  If IMG's top opponent was Poly Prep, we likely wouldn't care too much about them.   My position is as long as they are here, might as well enjoy the marquee matchups.  

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

How do you know this?

Name the teams STA played last year that could of beat bosco besides BG. Because bosco most likely goes 1-1 against Bingham and booker T which would mean they would of had same record.

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

STA and Bosco have played the same programs (not in the same years though...) and STA has performed significantly better against them.

Now we're comparing data from different years to prove points? Even elite national programs have cyclical up and down turns..... including STA. 

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

STA crushed Manatee twice (2010, 2012) while Bosco was losing in the 4th quarter (2011).

Most relevant same season date we have is 2011 when STA lost to Dwyer. Dwyer beat manatee and bosco beat manatee. That and 12 and 14 when bosco beat STA head to head. 

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

STA lost to Bishop Gorman in overtime (2016) while Bosco lost by two touchdowns (2015)

So one quality loss is better than another quality loss. Still 2 losses but understood. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They also have SJB beating STA 44-7

I dont think Id pay attention to that.

If that happened Los would blow a gasket 

If That happened it might be the first time in recent memory that sta loses in blowout fashion, i can't remember the last time they lost a game that wasn't close 

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Name the teams STA played last year that could of beat bosco besides BG. Because bosco most likely goes 1-1 against Bingham and booker T which would mean they would of had same record.

Now we're comparing data from different years to prove points? Even elite national programs have cyclical up and down turns..... including STA. 

Most relevant same season date we have is 2011 when STA lost to Dwyer. Dwyer beat manatee and bosco beat manatee. That and 12 and 14 when bosco beat STA head to head. 

So one quality loss is better than another quality loss. Still 2 losses but understood. 

Manatee beat Dwyer in a tight playoffs game in '11.  Dwyer beat STA in 11 and 13 in close playoffs games.  

In '12 STA lost to Miramar for the 2nd year in a row and almost lost to Plantation (4th qtr comeback).  They finished nice and knocked out Manatee from a MNC run (payback for 09 loss, which propelled DBP to the MNC).   Yup, another reason to hate STA... they helped John Curtis take the mythical title :)

In '14 the week after the loss to DBP, QB Rizzo was sat (concussion symptoms I think) and the OC tore the playbook up and ran the ball the majority of the game with a backup QB at the helm and the D and special teams held tough and won a brutal to watch game and end the 3 game slide vs Miramar.  It also helped that HC Cogdell left for West Virginia coaching staff for a stint (where he played college ball and had a pipeline there w Miramar).   They were fortunate to win that one.   

• Like 1

Echs, ever hear of Sagarin?  

He only does IN for hsfb.  He is still tweaking the elo system it seems. He won't reveal much, but it's pretty intense.

http://sagarin.com/sports/hsfsend.htm

Odd he has Clemson above Bama in his CFB ratings though for 2016.  

Also an interesting read... 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sagarin-changes-formula-finally-removes-margin-of-victory/amp/