Jeff Fisher's poll is out

golfaddict1

50 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

3 CA teams in the top 10?

CA is like 0 and 20 against BG. 

SJB and MD at 1 and 2? They don't have any significant OOS wins!

DLS at 21? They lost to East of Utah! LOL!

Only 1 GA team in the top 25?

Just another CA circle-jerk click-bait site. 

Ok who are you? And what have you done with the real Belly Bob?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well then its on him and if he transfers its a loss for BC but in terms of whats important i hope the kids figures it out before its too late

this situation though shows the inherent problem in the BNU. BC bent their rules on more than 1 occasion for this stud kid. And why? Because lets face it he isn't transferring to Piscataway High. If he does transfer he will wind up on Pc's or Joe's D-line playing against us. There needs to be coordination among the Catholic schools to avoid this sort of behavior. But that is just me dreaming!

Just now, Mickeybern said:

this situation though shows the inherent problem in the BNU. BC bent their rules on more than 1 occasion for this stud kid. And why? Because lets face it he is transferring to Piscataway High. If he does transfer he will wind up on Pc's or Joe's D-line playing against us. There needs to be coordination among the Catholic schools to avoid this sort of behavior. But that is just me dreaming!

I heard he is transferring to another public school and not another BNU school. But its not just a problem in the BNU. Its a problem everywhere

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Kids are kids right and thats what these players are kids

yeah but the problem is is that they are being fawned over and treated like adults. Give an inch and they take a mile. How many times do you get break the rules without consequences. Some of these star athletes actually have leverage over the coaching staffs. IMO it all has very negative effects on the teams and the kids.

Just now, Mickeybern said:

yeah but the problem is is that they are being fawned over and treated like adults. Give an inch and they take a mile. How many times do you get break the rules without consequences. Some of these star athletes actually have leverage over the coaching staffs. IMO it all has very negative effects on the teams and the kids.

Answer should be 1. You break the rule you sit down with the kid and have a nice chat about the whole you pull this again and your done. Whoever is treating them like adults is not doing them any favors. Coaches wanna win so yea certain kids get the hall pass so to speak. Same thing when they hit college. You hear it all the time. Player does something stupid. He gets suspended for what a game. Does it again suspended for some more time. It takes a lot for a college coach to throw the athlete off the team. 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Plant belongs nowhere near the top 100. And Armwood is too low. They should be in the top 15. 

Top 15?  Talented yes but that junior nucleus didn't fare too well.  If they make it to the finals they will be playing one nasty rep in Carol City, MNW or MC.  Did they get some transfers 181?   

Also their longtime coach Callahan resigned (assistant took the helm).  

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

According to Rush, this poll has the #3 QB in the state ranked ahead of #2 and #1 collectively.

Well sir...it usually takes more than a QB to win football games.  Besides...it's only preseason.  Kaptain "K" will be the No.1 QB in Georgia by December.  He's throwing at FSU on Thursday and Alabama and Auburn on Saturday.  How in the world did a complete unknown QB get those opportunities?

(Big Smile)...

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Top 15?  Talented yes but that junior nucleus didn't fare too well.  If they make it to the finals they will be playing one nasty rep in Carol City, MNW or MC.  Did they get some transfers 181?   

Also their longtime coach Callahan resigned (assistant took the helm).  

Armwood always gets transfers. The juniors did fine. They lost by a point to a team that got eeked out in a close Finals battle with CC. Armwood is right there, but I think they have a lot more coming back then the other two. With Callahan gone it could be a different animal, but I suspect it will be very similar. 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Answer should be 1. You break the rule you sit down with the kid and have a nice chat about the whole you pull this again and your done. Whoever is treating them like adults is not doing them any favors. Coaches wanna win so yea certain kids get the hall pass so to speak. Same thing when they hit college. You hear it all the time. Player does something stupid. He gets suspended for what a game. Does it again suspended for some more time. It takes a lot for a college coach to throw the athlete off the team. 

It's confirmed he is gone.  Not positive but I do believe his peers had something to do with this as well.

Guest LOSer
59 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I didnt bring up STA to begin with. A poster posted that STA is too low because they have 40 D1 players

So nobody coerced you to respond.

So what you're saying is that it's like a drug. Once mentioned you just can't resist.

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Armwood always gets transfers. The juniors did fine. They lost by a point to a team that got eeked out in a close Finals battle with CC. Armwood is right there, but I think they have a lot more coming back then the other two. With Callahan gone it could be a different animal, but I suspect it will be very similar. 

Are they playing Plant this season?  

First off, it's a preseason poll. Preseason polls are always impossible to nail down, especially for 15K high school teams. I don't want to bash it too bad right now, but I see a few glaring 'wtf's':

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that he had two TN teams ranked. I only saw one, Brentwood Academy. I'm getting old and may have missed the other one? 

2. I agree with most of the NJ posters. 5 teams in the top 30? I think there might be 3 in the top 100 by year's end since they beat eachother up all season. SPP in the top 10...no way. I like BC and SJR as top 15-30. 

3. STA is ranked too low. They should be in the top 10 for sure. Cocoa, TCA, and Armwood should not be ranked ahead of AHP, Central, or NW right now. I might even go so far as to rank NW in the top 25. 

3. As far as TX goes, I like Allen. Is DeSoto THAT loaded again to warrant a #6 ranking? Highland Park over Lake Travis, no way!

4. CA posters, is Poly really back? Do you think they deserve top billing to start the season? DLS and the SoCal big 3 should all be top 15. Personally, I would start MD at #1. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Bosco qb is question mark but with teel a former qb in college who had a cup of coffee in the league should help his progress. No toal equals more freedom in play calling too. 

Don Bosco was 6-5 last year and enters the year with a rookie QB and New Coach.....talent seems to be down also.

Not a rankable preseason team really. There's better out there.

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Don Bosco was 6-5 last year and enters the year with a rookie QB and New Coach.....talent seems to be down also.

This is so much common sense that I just know that it will fly over most people's heads.

There's a much greater likelihood that they will suck than that they'll be #26 in the country.

17 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

First off, it's a preseason poll. Preseason polls are always impossible to nail down, especially for 15K high school teams. I don't want to bash it too bad right now, but I see a few glaring 'wtf's':

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that he had two TN teams ranked. I only saw one, Brentwood Academy. I'm getting old and may have missed the other one? 

2. I agree with most of the NJ posters. 5 teams in the top 30? I think there might be 3 in the top 100 by year's end since they beat eachother up all season. SPP in the top 10...no way. I like BC and SJR as top 15-30. 

3. STA is ranked too low. They should be in the top 10 for sure. Cocoa, TCA, and Armwood should not be ranked ahead of AHP, Central, or NW right now. I might even go so far as to rank NW in the top 25. 

3. As far as TX goes, I like Allen. Is DeSoto THAT loaded again to warrant a #6 ranking? Highland Park over Lake Travis, no way!

4. CA posters, is Poly really back? Do you think they deserve top billing to start the season? DLS and the SoCal big 3 should all be top 15. Personally, I would start MD at #1. 

I'm always looking forward to OV's top 100. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Not a rankable preseason team really. There's better out there.

So to clarify .... you only have a problem with bosco's ranking ?

bosco will play brynes and a legit SFA team so we will find out. Talent isn't as bad as you think.