NJ's fav sportswriter on Toal move to BC

golfaddict1

2 minutes ago, NJFOOTBALL1984 said:

DBP was supposed to lose to STA. BC was supposed to lose to BG with all the fireworks everywhere. #jerseypower

BC is 1-1 against BG. The game in the desert where i thought they would lose they win. When they played BG at home they could have won that game and lost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

discipline? I don't know about that..Nunzio made a boneheaded call by calling shotgun on 2nd and 4 from the 50 with his backup center in for the mandatory 1 play. The game was gift wrapped for BG to take

I remember that play. The kids helmet came off so he had to go to the sidelines and Nunzio never took a timeout

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I remember that play. The kids helmet came off so he had to go to the sidelines and Nunzio never took a timeout

exactly..less than 6 minutes left in the 4th,moving the ball, BG clearly getting desperate and instead of calling a timeout or just handing it off he friggin calls a shotgun play. Snapped over the QB's head and recovered by BG..3 plays later Randall Cunnigham Jr. catches ball in the corner of the end zone.Game Over.

Just now, Mickeybern said:

exactly..less than 6 minutes left in the 4th,moving the ball, BG clearly getting desperate and instead of calling a timeout or just handing it off he friggin calls a shotgun play. Snapped over the QB's head and recovered by BG..3 plays later Randall Cunnigham Jr. catches ball in the corner of the end zone.Game Over.

Yep. BC had all the momentum in that drive. Just had to call a TO. Get the center back into the game and hand the ball off. They were moving ball well in that drive before it all came crashing down

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

That BC team wasn't winning a state chip but I do believe that game sucked the life out of the players. They lost some close games that year and were somewhat better than the 2-7 record but that game opened the floodgates 

Just now, NJFOOTBALL1984 said:

I know BG players were talking trash to people at the stands, not even the crazies. Their coaches didn't do anything about it.

Gotcha. At the end of the day BC has a better MOV then BG in the 2 games they played against each other i believe