NJ's fav sportswriter on Toal move to BC

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

He starts and ends his career at the same school. But does it really help BC? Ive said it that Nunzio needed Toal. So now that he is at BC does the philosophy of the team change?

Who said his career ends here? I sincerely doubt Nunz changes his coaching philosophy. 

4 minutes ago, Single Wing said:

Glad this Toal/ Stengel thing is done. As far as them adding control and patience to Nunzio's game plans etc, we must remember that his main influence is his dad, Mike. Through the years "AIR Campanile" has been the offense that has always drawn the most attention in North Jersey. From the Pee Wee Raiders of Fair Lawn, the Campaniles" have always been the offensive high scoring team. The philosophy has always been whoever scores the most will win. I really don't see these "legends" taming the young coach in year 1. It will be a process over the next several years. Acceptance of the Marine discipline might be a tough pill for these athletes.

AC never had that offensive philosophy when he coached at Bosco. It was an up tempo, grind it out and eventually the other team will tire.

10 minutes ago, Single Wing said:

Jimbo at Don Bosco, Toal and only Toal called the shots. Nunzio now has been in charge for several years at BC. Doesn't seem to me he grinds it out, but time will tell. Enjoy the upcoming season.

AC was the OC at Bosco for a few years and like I said never was the riverboat gambler mentality that Nunz has. I never said Nunz grinds it out as we all know he doesn't. We all know Toal ran the show at Bosco but AC was never reigned in like Nunz was at Bosco.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO this has been DBPs achilles heel of late. This type of discipline lacked after Anthony Camp left for RU. Others on the old staff weren't able to get the most out of the team in this respect. Can the new regime revitalize the program is the $100,000 Question?

How many times have I stated losing AC was bigger than anyone mentioned? He brought a real attitude to the team. The kids would run through a brick wall for him. I think if the kids buy into the program things will be good at Bosco. But losing early in a regime following a legend like Toal can be disasterous.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

The discipline factor plays more into the hands  of "diminished talent" than years past and that diminished talent  led to breakdowns... Also, prior to "diminished" talent those PC breakdowns did not occur to often. And even Peppers first year at PC, I believe Bosco won one of those 31-8.... Toals and Bosco record overall against PC and others was pretty good.. Now on to Teel and we will watch the first against a DIMINISHED schedule to go along with lesser talent....Get Heuser to play center and watch !!!!

Heuser and drummer on the oline?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Holy shit, we agree again".".........I had fun with at the Bosco  MV game in 2011..... I was at practice and he busted my balls about some  cologne I had on... Isaid, better than that fart you just blew !!!!!

..he was an intense guy...I'D LOVED his style and he was some coach...we had a few good times after some of those OSS games...;)

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
16 hours ago, Single Wing said:

Acceptance of the Marine discipline might be a tough pill for these athletes.

Well if the "Marine' discipline is worth a record of 37-19 (like it was over the last 5 years) I wouldn't accept it either.

5 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Well if the "Marine' discipline is worth a record of 37-19 (like it was over the last 5 years) I wouldn't accept it either.

That Marine disipline sure knew how to take care of that overrated team from Ft Lauderdale who could have used that Marine discipline to compete. 

• Like 2

Guest LOSer
Just now, aZjimbo said:

That Marine disipline sure knew how to take care of that overrated team from Ft Lauderdale who could have used that Marine discipline to compete. 

Please come up with some new material, jimbo.

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Everyone is forgetting about the third legendary coach on the staff, and Nunz's #1 mentor, his father, Mike. #originalriverboatgambler

If BC does win a state title will people jump on Nunzio that he couldnt win a state title by himself. That he had to bring back Stengel and bring in toal to do it