Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: stated goal to destroy America

badrouter

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It is unreasonable to propose that, hundreds of years later, the United States is supposed to dismantle itself and be given back to...whom?

She didn't say dismantle itself.

By the way, she's an *Assistant* Professor.

For Christ.

Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Any crank can hand out a pamphlet.

What do you want us to do about it?

Jail them?

Execute them?

I want you to acknowledge that there are people in not insignificant positions working to destroy America from within.

They may (hopefully do) fall flat on their face. But, whatever their chances may/may not be, they are surely enhanced by a dogged determination by many to not see them in the first place.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

She didn't say dismantle itself.

By the way, she's an *Assistant* Professor.

For Christ.

Get a grip.

No, she said she was working towards facilitating it. She says as much all the time. She's working towards dismantling the country and is encouraging others to do the same. There may be a few different words to describe this, but I don't think "legal" is one of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

I want you to acknowledge that there are people in not insignificant positions working to destroy America from within.

Who handed out the pamphlet? This is something that you don't even know or are unwilling to tell us.

And, no, an Assistant Professor of American Indian Studies at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is not a significant position.

It's ironic that you take these positions while also giving the people who say them way more power than they actually have.

They may (hopefully do) fall flat on their face. But, whatever their chances may/may not be, they are surely enhanced by a dogged determination by many to not see them in the first place.

You need your meds.

There have always been radical *assistant* college professors who said things that the vast majority of people disagreed with.

And you know what?

We went on living our lives.

Stop having mental breakdowns because some member of the Navajo tribe thinks her ancestors were screwed by the U.S. Government.

It literally has zero effect on your life.

There may be a few different words to describe this, but I don't think "legal" is one of them.

I'm really enjoying the whiplash from COVID warrior badrouter doing a 180 on free speech.

I guess if it's illegal to express that opinion then she should be arrested?

Notify the Minneapolis police right away!

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

No, she said she was working towards facilitating it. She says as much all the time. She's working towards dismantling the country and is encouraging others to do the same. There may be a few different words to describe this, but I don't think "legal" is one of them.

Also, I would suggest that you read some case law because, shockingly, you're wildly ignorant and uninformed on what's lawful.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Also, I would suggest that you read some case law because, shockingly, you're wildly ignorant and uninformed on what's lawful.

SHOCKINGLY, ignorant and uninformed... LOL !  Where do you get the stamina to civilly deal with the same half dozen nitwits day after day ?  These reactionary scared little men are the same "Suckers born every minute" that flim-flam artisan's spoke of more then a century ago.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Who handed out the pamphlet? This is something that you don't even know or are unwilling to tell us.

And, no, an Assistant Professor of American Indian Studies at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is not a significant position.

It's ironic that you take these positions while also giving the people who say them way more power than they actually have.

My understanding is an anarchist group distributed the pamphlets. In other words, not one rando meth addict shouting shit at the sign post. It must also be stated that, despite the inclination to refer to "outside agitators" as if they are uninvited and maybe even unwelcome, this is actually contrary to the truth. See links below.

Yazzie teaches students (she has her own course) at the University of Minnesota, which is a member of the prestigious Ameriacn Association of Universities. She's hardly a file clerk, or someone working at Dade community college.

The matter of "power", questions of scale, or prognostications as to how successful they will or will not be are separate matters. I offer no commentary on this, beyond the point that the numbers and influence aren't completely inconsequential. 

Ultimately, Atticus makes a valid point: I should log off this board. Not because I have no valid points to make, but because this board does not offer a forum to discuss controversial ideas without getting into petty, partisan name-calling shouting matches. Interested, reasonable observers would be wise to question why some in this thread have resorted to incessant insults and I have not. Why are some making this so ugly and personal?

There is so very much more I could share here. But, I'll leave a couple of links and a suggestion. The suggestion is to read up on The Red Nation. 

The links:

1) An article in The Atlantic profiling the insane, radical obsession with "decolonization" and how it may relate to plans to upend the United States here

2) An article in Tablet magazine detailing the coordination of the campus protests, and how they are linked to Hamas and other terrorist groups here

• Thanks 1

In other words, not one rando meth addict shouting shit at the sign post. It must also be stated that, despite the inclination to refer to "outside agitators" as if they are uninvited and maybe even unwelcome, this is actually contrary to the truth. See links below.

The links:

1) An article in The Atlantic profiling the insane, radical obsession with "decolonization" and how it may relate to plans to upend the United States here

2) An article in Tablet magazine detailing the coordination of the campus protests, and how they are linked to Hamas and other terrorist groups here

Are you suggesting that the University of Michigan invited a group of anarchists to hand out a pamphlet that read "Death to America"?

Because I assure you they didn't.

And, no, the links provided have nothing to do with that allegation.

In other words, another example of you making insane claims and then providing sources from the left field bleachers that have nothing to with the initial charge.

The matter of "power", questions of scale, or prognostications as to how successful they will or will not be are separate matters. I offer no commentary on this, beyond the point that the numbers and influence aren't completely inconsequential. 

A word salad.

The point is that if the MAGA movement was the size and had the influence of whatever this is that you're trying to create then we'd have practically nothing to worry about.

Ultimately, Atticus makes a valid point: I should log off this board. Not because I have no valid points to make, but because this board does not offer a forum to discuss controversial ideas without getting into petty, partisan name-calling shouting matches. Interested, reasonable observers would be wise to question why some in this thread have resorted to incessant insults and I have not. Why are some making this so ugly and personal?

badrouter, you're a crazed lunatic.

The arguments you make are incoherent and the "evidence" that you provide is so laughably dishonest.

The onus is on you to present something reasonable and well-argued. It's not our job to humor you on crackpot theories that are then supported by obviously dishonest nonsense.

It's not an exaggeration to say that every single post of yours in this thread has either provided zero evidence for your claims or "evidence" that was so obviously misleading or irrelevant to the original claim.

You not even knowing who made the claims or handed out the pamphlets is just peak level badrouter.

But, I'll leave a couple of links and a suggestion. The suggestion is to read up on The Red Nation. 

I know about the Red Nation because I actually watched the earlier link you provided.

I'd be willing to bet 60/40 that you didn't even watch your own source.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:39 PM, badrouter said:

The prospect of sedition, treason or conspiracy charges is the reason we haven't seen more ubiquitous calls for the dismantling of the country. Radicals have to be "creative" in how they phrase certain things. They generally prefer to use dog whistles and euphemisms. 

Sedition, treason, and conspiracy reminds one of little frightened Dorothy clutching Toto saying  "Lions, Tigers, and Bears, ole My." Don't worry Badrouter, our nearly 250 yr old democratic republic will survive these bad lefty trouble makers. Whether we make it through another stretch with King Orange crying about "a stolen election, while replacing legitimate electors, and pressuring a vice president among others to break the law is a far more dangerous dilemma. I'll take the tree hugging, save the whales crowd any day over the ignorant flag waving, Bible quoting, phony patriots with military grade firearms. This Lefty picked his side decades ago. Peace  :)