Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: stated goal to destroy America

badrouter

Let me get a few things out of the way here up front:

- The contents of what I link below, particularly the "Burn Down the American Plantation" pdf, is some insane stuff. I acknowledge the primary inclination among many will be to dismiss it on those grounds. I haven't written about this publicly yet. And, it's because I realize that there is so little verifiable about RAM that I am likely to face embarrassment simply by bringing any of it up. Here the worst that can happen-that Atticus Finch will call me names- already happens on a daily basis anyway. 😂

- The anonymous nature of the project means I am unable to refute any assertions that the person(s) behind it are/is some loon in his mom's basement. I can't say that isn't the case.

- I have no way to know if the voice on the disturbing video on the home page is Colin Kaepernick. It may not be Colin Kaepernick speaking.

However, there are some things that we do know. We do know the idea of "abolition" is ascendant. We do know there is a well-publicized project  about this. You may recognize some of the names involved with it. The ideas shared in the project align quite closely with what RAM argues in its papers.

We also know that Black Lives Matter and its adherents frequently talk about abolition BLMLA discussion about abolishing all systems and structures they deem to be racist. . They mention the desire to abolish all systems and structures that they deem to be racist/white supremacist. They also state that capitalism, the police, prisons, gender roles and, frankly, EVERYTHING about America is systemically racist. It *isn't* some sort of straw-man to say they are pushing to destroy America. They all but say as much as it is.

So, when we come across an admittedly anonymous project that *explicitly* calls for the destruction of America, and it uses nearly identical language and ideas to the kinds referenced above, should we be surprised? Exactly how insanely irrelevant is the project linked below, given the obvious consistency in ideas shared?

I'll probably share some screenshots from the texts below eventually. But, you really have to view the video on the homepage, and then read the pdf, both linked below. They amount to a detailed, clearly academically inspired, plan to overthrow the government, abolish capitalism, abolish police, abolish prisons and abolish gender. And those ideas clearly have traction presently.

Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement web page.

Burn Down the Plantation PDF

• Haha 1

From the Burn Down the Plantation:

"What is perhaps the most recent example of successful autonomous resistance to the State in the American context was the Black Liberation Army in the early 1970’s. Their version of the ‘maroon’ was an underground network, allowing them to use offensive tactics and prevent infiltration. At their height, they skillfully liberated numerous captive insurgents from state bondage. Against a hegemonic enemy, camouflage was essential. The longer fighters maintained their anonymity, the longer they were able to sustain attacks without taking crippling casualties.

If the Black Liberation Army had been thoroughly tied to a political body before going underground, the political movement in general could have recruited new members through an above-ground organization. By linking such a group with public, council-based organizations founded on liberatory practices, the movement can be built through simultaneously constructing a new way of life and enacting revolutionary justice.

Moreover, the underground model ought to be combined with a visible, aboveground network that delivers both tactical and strategic advantages. Revolutionaries can attract wider community support without forfeiting the benefits of underground organization. The Anti Racist Action (ARA) network in the US in the ‘80s, ‘90s, and 2000s carried on the legacy of fighting fascism through a decentralized, militant, above-ground network. Its chapters were grounded locally, with local, anonymous participants driving its activities on the streets. Anti-fascist tactics – focused primarily around the use of physical force—proved effective in forcing neo-Nazi groups out of entire neighborhoods. The tactics were simple, if they came upon a neo-Nazi, they would use sufficient force to drive them away. The network was so successful that it eventually grew to 100 chapters. By joining in a nationwide network, they were able to help spread and strengthen the model while still maintaining local control over each chapter. This model shows the effectiveness of decentralized, locally based activity, reinforced by connective networks across a larger region."

So, anonymity is acknowledged as important. So is the need for a public-facing, "above ground" component. Mention of an "Anti Racist Action" network and anit-fascist tactics being used. Let's see here: Are there any such examples we may be seeing today?

🤡

It should go without saying that nobody actively working to destroy the country is yet going to come out publicly and say as much. More noteworthy is the absence of them saying anything to the contrary, all while advocating the very ideas contained within the manifesto linked above.

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

From the Burn Down the Plantation:

"What is perhaps the most recent example of successful autonomous resistance to the State in the American context was the Black Liberation Army in the early 1970’s. Their version of the ‘maroon’ was an underground network, allowing them to use offensive tactics and prevent infiltration. At their height, they skillfully liberated numerous captive insurgents from state bondage. Against a hegemonic enemy, camouflage was essential. The longer fighters maintained their anonymity, the longer they were able to sustain attacks without taking crippling casualties.

If the Black Liberation Army had been thoroughly tied to a political body before going underground, the political movement in general could have recruited new members through an above-ground organization. By linking such a group with public, council-based organizations founded on liberatory practices, the movement can be built through simultaneously constructing a new way of life and enacting revolutionary justice.

Moreover, the underground model ought to be combined with a visible, aboveground network that delivers both tactical and strategic advantages. Revolutionaries can attract wider community support without forfeiting the benefits of underground organization. The Anti Racist Action (ARA) network in the US in the ‘80s, ‘90s, and 2000s carried on the legacy of fighting fascism through a decentralized, militant, above-ground network. Its chapters were grounded locally, with local, anonymous participants driving its activities on the streets. Anti-fascist tactics – focused primarily around the use of physical force—proved effective in forcing neo-Nazi groups out of entire neighborhoods. The tactics were simple, if they came upon a neo-Nazi, they would use sufficient force to drive them away. The network was so successful that it eventually grew to 100 chapters. By joining in a nationwide network, they were able to help spread and strengthen the model while still maintaining local control over each chapter. This model shows the effectiveness of decentralized, locally based activity, reinforced by connective networks across a larger region."

So, anonymity is acknowledged as important. So is the need for a public-facing, "above ground" component. Mention of an "Anti Racist Action" network and anit-fascist tactics being used. Let's see here: Are there any such examples we may be seeing today?

🤡

It should go without saying that nobody actively working to destroy the country is yet going to come out publicly and say as much. More noteworthy is the absence of them saying anything to the contrary, all while advocating the very ideas contained within the manifesto linked above.

Threads of a crackhead jersey girl can hook you up with all the drugs you need.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sadly, this appears to be the greatest existential threat to the country since the late 19th century. There is an ideology being pushed which posits:

1) Every single institution and custom in this country is systemically, and irreparably, racist

2) Due to #1 above, every single institution and custom of the country must be abolished, and abolished from within.

The  movement pushing the ideology has ascended to the forefront of the political mainstream. Merely disagreeing with them is submitted as evidence of a reprehensible reprobate who should be summarily dismissed, career ruined. The movement borrows from the Black Panther Party and Mao's Cultural Revolution. It distinguishes itself from BPP and Mao's regime because it seeks instead to be decentralized and non-hierarchical. It maintains both an anonymous, underground network as well as the aforementioned above ground component which has assumed dominance of the most of the largest media corporations. It is further empowered by a society full of useful idiots who think they're merely opposing racism in lending their support.

Ultimately, the kinds of bans on teaching of certain concepts in schools or government agencies are absolutely trivial in comparison of the broader fight ensuing. Most of the Republican party HAS NO IDEA just how deep this all is. Even if the Republican party gains the White House, all of Congress and bans any/all of these ideas, the train has left the station so to speak. The ideas that lead to massive revolution have gained significant traction to the point of being mainstream. There may not be any way to fight this destruction without inflicting other forms of harm on citizens.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Funny how white supremacy is so ingrained that any semblance of equality is seen as threat

Frightening how easily people lie about this stuff. 

Look, if you believe that abolishing capitalism, abolishing the Constitution, abolishing the police, abolishing prisons and abolishing our borders is the correct course of action, COME OUT AND SAY IT. Quit playing this dirty, dishonest game of Motte and Bailey. You want to destroy the country. As soon as you sense some pressure around that fact, you run and hide and say you just want to fight racism and have equality. It’s a dirty fucking trick.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hahahaha….faux intellect gonna “word”and “paint” over White Fragility!

bgw

The linked documents explicitly call for the destruction of America, and outline with some specificity how to go about doing this. By “America”, they are not referring to some stupid metaphor. They mean the entirety of the country. The government is to become obsolete, capitalism is to be abolished, the police are to be abolished, prisons to be abolished, the Constitution abolished. Are you suggesting that to object to any of this amounts to “white fragility”? Because these folks are claiming exactly that. Either you want the complete and utter destruction of the country and its economic system, or you have “white fragility” and are to be summarily dismissed. Is that how you feel?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It's preposterous to suggest I would wish for the downfall of the Republic, therefore merits no response.

No need to give energy to what you think I meant.

bgw

But, isn't it true to say that each and every system and structure is systemically, irreparably racist? If so, shouldn't we want to disrupt and ultimately dismantle all of those systems? That is *EXACTLY* what prominent leaders of BLM are saying publicly. And, dismantling/abolishing each and every structure and system of the country DOES amount to the downfall of the republic. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It's preposterous to suggest I would wish for the downfall of the Republic, therefore merits no response.

No need to give energy to what you think I meant.

bgw

It can be difficult to stop short of that conclusion given the theoretical machinery employed by social critics.

Once you decide (i) that whiteness is the culture created by white people and (ii) that whiteness is racist, then what might turn out to be racist is limited only by your imagination. 

Science and data, according to DiAngelo and her colleagues, might well be racist because they're part of whiteness. Claiming that there's such a thing as objective reality or objective standards by which to evaluate truth-claims might well be racist, since those are features of Enlightenment thinking, which is part of whiteness.  

If DiAngelo owes her authority to her PhD in multicultural education and to her publications, including her book White Fragility, then to support her work might be racist, since the academy and the published word are part of whiteness. Maybe in a less racist society, a black women with no formal education and no publication record would have as much authority to speak on systemic racism as DiAngelo.

If the old adage that every article is either a puff piece or a hatchet job is true, then the New York Times' 2020 article on DiAngelo's work is not a puff piece. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/15/magazine/white-fragility-robin-diangelo.html

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It can be difficult to stop short of that conclusion given the theoretical machinery employed by social critics.

Once you decide (i) that whiteness is the culture created by white people and (ii) that whiteness is racist, then what might turn out to be racist is limited only by your imagination. 

Science and data, according to DiAngelo and her colleagues, might well be racist because they're part of whiteness. Claiming that there's such a thing as objective reality or objective standards by which to evaluate truth-claims might well be racist, since those are features of Enlightenment thinking, which is part of whiteness.  

If DiAngelo owes her authority to her PhD in multicultural education and to her publications, including her book White Fragility, then to support her work might be racist, since the academy and the published word are part of whiteness. Maybe in a less racist society, a black women with no formal education and no publication record would have as much authority to speak on systemic racism as DiAngelo.

If the old adage that every article is either a puff piece or a hatchet job is true, then the New York Times' 2020 article on DiAngelo's work is not a puff piece. 

Tried to look at that yesterday... paywall.

bgw

28 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You paint a picture of insanity...which also happens to be an accurate portrayal of the moment. The question is, Will the masses realize this before they’re so far down the hole that they can’t come back up? It seems very debatable now. Nobody, not even a black senator, is allowed to push back on these ideas. They’re pummeled and dismissed out of hand. 

26 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

When a brother from the islands in the Caribbean says that this complex hateful boiling pot of a stew is unique to the U.S., I have to believe him... same kind of conversation for Darter.

I reflect on my upbringing, and events that suggest that this is a real thing... White Privilege and Fragility... now I haven't read DiAngelo's work but so far from what I can tell, she's spot on and I don't think she's asking for a complete demolition and rebuild of the Republic... okay that's all for now gonna look at Kendi's work or what I can find....

bgw

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Tried to look at that yesterday... paywall.

bgw

My apologies. I'm not very tech savvy. The truth is I don't much care for tech. 

I've found that, for reasons that make no sense to me, if I google "White Fragility, New York Times" and click on the link, the article opens for me. If I copy and paste the link here, I get blocked when I try to open it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

My apologies. I'm not very tech savvy. The truth is I don't much care for tech. 

I've found that, for reasons that make no sense to me, if I google "White Fragility, New York Times" and click on the link, the article opens for me. If I copy and paste the link here, I get blocked when I try to open it.

I got plenty of material to cover with Kendi and DeAngelo....

Thanks,

bgw

27 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

When a brother from the islands in the Caribbean says that this complex hateful boiling pot of a stew is unique to the U.S., I have to believe him... same kind of conversation for Darter.

I reflect on my upbringing, and events that suggest that this is a real thing... White Privilege and Fragility... now I haven't read DiAngelo's work but so far from what I can tell, she's spot on and I don't think she's asking for a complete demolition and rebuild of the Republic... okay that's all for now gonna look at Kendi's work or what I can find....

bgw

My point wasn't that she's asking for a complete demolition and rebuild of the Republic, but that the premises on which these critiques are based tend toward that direction.

After all, the Republic was founded by white people who had read the political philosophy of other white Europeans, works that are part of the Enlightenment.

She herself has written a paper expressing concerns about the Whiteness of Enlightenment thinking. And Glen Singleton of Courageous Conversation, according to the article, thinks that black children aren't doing as well as white children in American schools because "scientific, linear thinking" and "cause and effect" thinking are "hallmarks" of whiteness. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I reflect on my upbringing, and events that suggest that ....

bgw

Do yourself a quick favor

and remind yourself

where and 'when' exactly Darter

had his upbringing...

PS Clue: It was before you saw that "come back to Jamaica

heavily promoted advertisin' campaign 👍

BTW: If you need to buy a vowel just let someone know 👌

35 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

You're going to find a chapter in his most prominent book that claims: "to be anti-racist is to be anti-capitalist", among other gems. 

12 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

My point wasn't that she's asking for a complete demolition and rebuild of the Republic, but that the premises on which these critiques are based tend toward that direction.

After all, the Republic was founded by white people who had read the political philosophy of other white Europeans, works that are part of the Enlightenment.

She herself has written a paper expressing concerns about the Whiteness of Enlightenment thinking. And Glen Singleton of Courageous Conversation, according to the article, thinks that black children aren't doing as well as white children in American schools because "scientific, linear thinking" and "cause and effect" thinking are "hallmarks" of whiteness. 

These ideas have escaped the basements and college sociology courses, and are nearing mainstream. "Lived experiences" are being valued above hard data.