Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement: stated goal to destroy America

badrouter

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Long rambling paragraphs that attempt to tie loosely related groups and/or topics into a great conspiracy.

Admittedly, I know very little about the unabomber. It was my understanding the unabomber himself intended to inflict harm on others, not to merely sound an alarm over other groups. I could be wrong on him, though.

I certainly understand how people come to the conclusion that it all sounds whacko. Problem is, we have these groups-whatever size they may be- who openly state their intentions of being "decentralized" or "loosely connected". They are intentional about not having any one focal point, be it a leader or a specific group, place etc. And one should then be able to see how it is trickier to deal with, because the default reaction from most is to say "aw shucks, that's crazy man!" The other aspect making it difficult are basic laws around things like sedition and conspiracy charges. They're fully aware they can't come out and say, exactly, "we want to destroy America". So, they end up effectively saying as much in creative ways so as to avoid setting themselves up for legal charges. Instead of saying they want to destroy America (publicly, while not anonymous), they say "We want to abolish all systems and structures that are oppressive and racist"...and then proceed to list each and every system and structure that comprises the country as oppressive.  You really have to want to not make the connection to miss it, but most people don't want to make the connection. "Motivated reasoning".

On 6/22/2021 at 11:24 PM, badrouter said:

Sadly, this appears to be the greatest existential threat to the country since the late 19th century. There is an ideology being pushed which posits:

1) Every single institution and custom in this country is systemically, and irreparably, racist

2) Due to #1 above, every single institution and custom of the country must be abolished, and abolished from within.

The  movement pushing the ideology has ascended to the forefront of the political mainstream. Merely disagreeing with them is submitted as evidence of a reprehensible reprobate who should be summarily dismissed, career ruined. The movement borrows from the Black Panther Party and Mao's Cultural Revolution. It distinguishes itself from BPP and Mao's regime because it seeks instead to be decentralized and non-hierarchical. It maintains both an anonymous, underground network as well as the aforementioned above ground component which has assumed dominance of the most of the largest media corporations. It is further empowered by a society full of useful idiots who think they're merely opposing racism in lending their support.

Ultimately, the kinds of bans on teaching of certain concepts in schools or government agencies are absolutely trivial in comparison of the broader fight ensuing. Most of the Republican party HAS NO IDEA just how deep this all is. Even if the Republican party gains the White House, all of Congress and bans any/all of these ideas, the train has left the station so to speak. The ideas that lead to massive revolution have gained significant traction to the point of being mainstream. There may not be any way to fight this destruction without inflicting other forms of harm on citizens.

Are you really afraid of a black coup?

21 hours ago, concha said:

You guys were afraid of a bunch of unarmed rednecks led by a hippie in a Viking outfit.

It's amazing what some folks will be scared about.

No, I wasn't there.  The Capitol Police who were there testified that they were scared.  Amazing isn't it?  

And they were not unarmed. 

Btw, wasn't it you who was going on about a skateboard being used as a weapon and was the reason they got killed by Rittenhouse?  

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, concha said:

You guys were afraid of a bunch of unarmed rednecks led by a hippie in a Viking outfit.

It's amazing what some folks will be scared about.

LOL..unarmed??....did Trump tell you that?..or you just refuse to believe your own eyes??...."HANG MIKE PENCE...HANG MIKE PENCE"...you should be proud of your fellow neo-con nuts!....🤡 

43 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Classic.

concha thinks a skateboard is a deadly weapon against a person with an assault rifle.

But a spear and bear spray are tiddlywinks! 

There were hammers and bats that were in used against the police as well, according to the testimony.  Concha proves incapable of honesty or even decency.  

On 1/8/2022 at 9:13 PM, Wildcat Will said:

Are you really afraid of a black coup?

That’s a preposterous question. But, I gather you genuinely are confused here. No, I am not afraid of “a black coup”, whatever the fuck that is supposed to be.

What I am afraid of is the rapid increase in extremism in this country. It’s awful on both sides of the political spectrum. And, it’s bad enough on both sides that I do not see any need or benefit in attempting to argue one side is worse than the other. But, it is clear the more moderate portions of both sides struggle to understand or acknowledge the severity of the problem on their side, only being willing to dump on the other side.

There is one other issue, though: legacy and social media are dominated by hard left-leaning people. So, the tendency to only criticize the other tribe and roll a blind eye to extremism on one’s own side has ended up giving a major slant towards leftist causes and in opposition of center or right-leaning ideas. Along with that has been a lack of attention paid, or even acknowledgement given, to leftist extremism. There really is a large and growing segment of the far left that wants to abolish all of the systems and structures (the Constitution; the legal system; the police; prisons; capitalism etc) that comprise the United States. There really is a large and growing segment of the far left, going by various names including Antifa, that believe in violence in pursuit of such goals. Critical theory (race, legal or other) really does push for a “praxis” whereby adherents are encouraged to take action towards abolishing systems and structures of the country. And these things are being missed, or outright denied, due to the same kinds of cognitive biases that lead moderate right-leaning people to downplay Qanon, January 6, etc. But, save for a couple of notable exceptions, the right is thoroughly dominated in legacy and social media by the left. So, I fear that very real problems are being allowed to incubate freely, possibly until they grow to be so problematic as to be unstoppable. 

Just as many on the right fail because they refuse to fully condemn right-wing extremism, many moderates on the left are also failing to condemn the extremism on their own side.