Hats off to Folsom, stepping up and playing an elite OOS game

BobbySanchez

12 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Please explain "elite OOS" 

Where was this team from Idaho ranked and why are  they elite???

Idaho teams are one of the most underrated teams, they don't travel OOS because Idaho is a state limited on funds and need to save their potatoes. But Idaho plays elite football. They are a state that's growing. Folsom is playing a Top 25 team imo.

26 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

Idaho teams are one of the most underrated teams, they don't travel OOS because Idaho is a state limited on funds and need to save their potatoes. But Idaho plays elite football. They are a state that's growing. Folsom is playing a Top 25 team imo.

A top 25 team?

I thought this was a troll post but you said that like you meant it.

2 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Welcome to our first member from Idaho 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Don't sleep on Idaho teams. 

In the last few years non champs from Idaho have chopped down state champs from Utah, Oregon and Washington!!!

True

not top 25 good, but underrated, for sure, as the mere mention of the state dismisses them legitimacy for most around here

This thread is a year late. Folsom beat Cd'A 55-36 last season. I didn't see the game, but I heard Cd'A QB Colson Yankoff was legit. He was a one man wrecking crew throwing for over 300 yards and 3 TD's while rushing for close to 100 with 2 scores. Folsom's QB Joe Curry threw for 564 and 6 scores.

For whatever reason, this doesn't appear to be a home and home as Cd'A is traveling to Folsom for the 2nd consecutive year. If memory serves, there's a coaching connection between the 2 programs which is how they ended up scheduling each other..

I have read that Yankoff had a minor knee surgery in mid May which kept him out of the elite 11 competition.   He is one of five QB recruits committed to WA.   He throws the ball well but also runs the ball very well.  Just a really hard guy to bring down.  CDA also has two very good defensive lineman who are sitting with D1 offers (one of which doubles as Yankoff's TE).  These two are large, fast human beings.   My guess is that the Folsom attack caught them a bit off guard last year, but I would expect that CDA will be better prepared defensively with less balls getting deep.  That should be a very competitive game.