Baylor says they will NOT recruit IMG kids

sportsnut25

There's no difference between IMG and Saint Thomas, Bishop Gorman, Saint John Bosco, some of the teams in the big north, Etc. You guys are hating on IMG because they are better at it than you clowns. And at least IMG has the decency not to compete against regular schools for state championships unlike cowardly teams like Bishop Gorman and St Thomas that just load the deck every year so deep that regular high school teams cannot surmount it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 181pl said:

There's no difference between IMG and Saint Thomas, Bishop Gorman, Saint John Bosco, some of the teams in the big north, Etc. You guys are hating on IMG because they are better at it than you clowns. And at least IMG has the decency not to compete against regular schools for state championships unlike cowardly teams like Bishop Gorman and St Thomas that just load the deck every year so deep that regular high school teams cannot surmount it.

Ummm...IMG can't play for state ONLY because they aren't eligible/allowed to.

If you're going to bash other schools...at least know about the one you're talking about.

50 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ummm...IMG can't play for state ONLY because they aren't eligible/allowed to.

If you're going to bash other schools...at least know about the one you're talking about.

I'm aware of that. And they chose that model. Teams like STA get the same # of recruits in (you don't get 50+ D1 kids on a HS roster without doing that) that IMG does, but they compete for state titles. 

Teams like STA, BG, etc. should only play a national schedule and compete for national titles. Anything else cheapens the game. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I'm aware of that. And they chose that model. Teams like STA get the same # of recruits in (you don't get 50+ D1 kids on a HS roster without doing that) that IMG does, but they compete for state titles. 

Teams like STA, BG, etc. should only play a national schedule and compete for national titles. Anything else cheapens the game. 

So basically you want them to either split the publics and the "select" schools (Like Louisiana) or have open enrollment (Like Florida)?

It's not going to stop anytime soon....Every State has this problem.

18 hours ago, chalmetteowl said:

If I were Baylor, i'd focus on Texas 4A kids. There are hundreds of schools worth of them, and they'll have the chips on their shoulder from Texas 4A being overlooked compared to their 5A and 6A

Tons of talent in Texas for sure in all divisions.  1600+ Texas high schools and alot of talent falls through the cracks especially in lower divisions imo.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:06 AM, LOSer said:

Texas has 90% of their roster from the state of Texas.

How much of it was true top end talent? Not overrated poorly ranked scrubs like Tyrone Swoopes. I'm talking JT Barrett, Ashawn Robinson, Jalen Hurts, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams etc caliber players? 

When the top end talent stays in state, Texas thrives. See 05 and 09 if you don't believe me. No different from the early Miami Hurricanes days or USC when they were killing it. Miami was getting all of the top end talent in Florida, SC was getting all of the top end talent in Cali. But neither have been able to do that lately, same for Texas. But Herman's first class appears to be changing that.

But that's just logical thinking. I already know this is another hate on Texas thread. What can I say, when you're great, people always hate you. Any type of success breeds envy.

P.S. Fuck IMG and it's affiliates/supporters. Nice job Baylor.

Guest LOSer
Just now, WulfTangClan said:

I already know this is another hate on Texas thread.

You have one national championship in 45 years with the most insular and self-aggrandizing coaches and fans in America.

So your solution to this drought is to sign more Texas players.

Have at it.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, WulfTangClan said:

What can I say, when you're great, people always hate you. Any type of success breeds envy.

What success?

Again, you guys are getting smashed by Florida and other places.

14 hours ago, 181pl said:

You guys are hating on IMG because they are better at it than you clowns. 

No, IMG is trash because they don't develop shit.

Publics develop players into D1 athletes, then IMG steals em and take all the credit. 

I'd respect them if they actually developed talent. Meaning turning a player from nothing to something. But they don't do that and for that, fuck em.

4 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You have one national championship in 45 years with the most insular and self-aggrandizing coaches and fans in America.

So your solution to this drought is to sign more Texas players.

Have at it.

What success?

Again, you guys are getting smashed by Florida and other places.

No type of substance at all in either of these replies.

Hate on brotha! 

Guest LOSer

No type of substance at all in either of these replies.

Hate on brotha! 

One championship in 45 years is nothing but substance.

Florida has eleven in 34 years.

That's getting smashed.

One championship in 45 years is nothing but substance.

Florida has eleven in 34 years.

That's getting smashed.

Those Florida teams were mostly composed of high end Florida players though right? You don't think Texas would be able to do the same if they were able to keep the high end talent in state? 

Fuckin' delusional if you say no.

Guest LOSer
8 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Best football state in America.

Fuck outta here..

According to a deluded Texas fanboy.

Your high school teams are overrated (and play no defense) and your college teams are laughable.

Guest LOSer

Those Florida teams were mostly composed of high end Florida players though right? You don't think Texas would be able to do the same if they were able to keep the high end talent in state?

Texas schools have higher percentage of in-state players than Florida schools.

It's about 90-10 in Texas and about 70-30 in Florida.

Florida kids go out of state more than Texans.

You are lost.

Get a clue.

2 minutes ago, LOSer said:

According to a  deluded Texas fanboy.

According to anyone who pays attention.

Damn sure isn't Florida. Football must not be shit there since no one even goes to games.

Guest LOSer

According to anyone who pays attention.

The results don't back up your bravado.

One college championship in 45 years and a bunch of soft as Charmin high school teams.

Guest LOSer
2 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Damn sure isn't Florida. Football must not be shit there since no one even goes to games.

I love it.

The standard "we have more fans!" argument.

I expected to see it because lord knows it ain't the performance on the field.

You clowns keep turning these soft as shit teams like Cedar Hill who get smashed when they play OOS.

2 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Florida kids go out of state more than Texans.

In THOSE years that Florida schools won titles, y'all had an abundance of top end talent go OOS?

You need a history lesson on your own state I see. Go back in look at those Miami Hurricane squads, or Gator squads or Florida State recently. Nothing but Florida top end talent on those teams. Go back and look at USC in their prime. Top end Cali talent. Even LSU with Louisiana talent staying in states during their title years.

But if Texas was to keep their talent, they couldn't do it. lol

You can smell a hatin' faggot a mile away.

Guest LOSer

In THOSE years that Florida schools won titles, y'all had an abundance of top end talent go OOS?

Yes.

Always.

I'm so used to Texans being dumb, lazy and uninformed that this doesn't even faze me.

Guest LOSer

You need a history lesson on your own state I see. Go back in look at those Miami Hurricane squads, or Gator squads or Florida State recently. Nothing but Florida top end talent on those teams.

The starters on those Miami teams were about 65-70% from Florida. They had significant OOS contributors.

Mostly the same with Florida State and Florida.

And of course rosters across the country were filled with Floridians too.

Guest LOSer
17 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

But if Texas was to keep their talent, they couldn't do it. lol

90% of your rosters are filled with Texans.

No "major" state is more insulated than Texas. They don't recruit outside their state for the most part.

They are losing and it's not because they don't have enough of the best Texas players. It's because their programs are soft and their players are overrated.

Guest LOSer
5 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

You can smell a hatin' faggot a mile away.

When you don't know what yo're talking about and are an emotional ninny this is what you have to do.

You are mangling facts and breaking down emotionally