Baylor says they will NOT recruit IMG kids

sportsnut25

It should say he won't recruit schools that take Texas players who WANT to come to their team. 

I don't care for IMG, but no one is holding a gun to these players head. They know what IMG is all about and if they want to leave their family, friends, girlfriend, prom, and every other thing you get ftom the traditional high school experience then that's their choice. 

He should have said he won't recruit KIDS who WANT to leave Texas for other teams. 

I'm glad UGA did not let this stop them from recruiting Nauta, who left Buford to play at IMG his senior season. Nauta will be a force the next 2-3 years and could be the highest drafted TE in his class when the time comes.

To say this will make Texas high school coaches not want their players going to Baylor is just crazy. Then again Texans are odd creatures when it comes to high school football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

IMHO, the IMG bashing is juvenile. Where were you when Bosco was using steak to recruit or DLS whose district has always been on either side of the Mississippi! Times change, stop belly aching and have ur team step up. I doubt anyone that has expressed displeasure has been personally effected anyway. All holier than thou bs...

Bosco or DLS has never recruited nationally or internationally

16 minutes ago, LOSer said:

This is the kind of insular thinking that has led to one national championship in 45 years for the state of Texas.

Real talk. Texas colleges put pride before championships. 

They are content with filling their rosters with Texans and not ever competing for national championships. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Real talk. Texas colleges put pride before championships. 

They are content with filling their rosters with Texans and not ever competing for national championships. 

If they can keep ALL the local talent it will work. Problem is they cant. I will say dude at UT seems to be on fire right now. I think Texas is 3 on most recruiting boards.  

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

If they can keep ALL the local talent it will work. Problem is they cant. I will say dude at UT seems to be on fire right now. I think Texas is 3 on most recruiting boards.  

But they need national recruits too. 

2005 was the exception to the rule. Every other national champion had a great core of in state players with a compliment of top national players. Obviously places like Oklahoma and Nebraska need about 95 percent oos, but the Florida schools, USC, Alabama, Ohio State all rely on a good mixture of in state recruits and out of state 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

But they need national recruits too. 

2005 was the exception to the rule. Every other national champion had a great core game in state players with a conpliment of top national players. Obviously places like Oklahoma and Nebraska need about 95 percent oos, but the Florida schools, USC, Alabama, Ohio State all rely on a good mixture of in state recruits and out of state 

IDK Im of the belief that if Texas was able to keep every top in state recruit they would compete. Much like the Canes of the 90's and early 00's they recruited FL and were dominate. I really think what the problem is now is all these so called experts grading these kids. Most of them have reached their max potential. Then they get into school and are just ok. While Div2 and schools like TCU recruit the 2 and 3 star kids who are still developing.

Guest LOSer
25 minutes ago, Pops said:

Or smart

theyre not in competition for the IMG 4* and 5* kids anyway and it might help them, probably won't hurt them, with TX kids (and coaches)

Pandering can be smart but that's not the issue here.

This is just cynical pandering to self-important people.

We should all hope it backfires.