Baylor says they will NOT recruit IMG kids

sportsnut25

11 hours ago, LOSer said:

This is the kind of insular thinking that has led to one national championship in 45 years for the state of Texas.

Reason they can't get more championships is because sellouts leave the state. That's the only reason.

Meanwhile everyone else gets to thrive off Texas talent. Bama, Ohio State...you name it.

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Reason they can't get more championships is because sellouts leave the state. That's the only reason.

Texas has 90% of their roster from the state of Texas.

They stink.

But keep thinking that. It's the reason why Texas never wins.

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

if all of the texas schools follow suit and it looks like Texas agrees with Baylor the texas kids will stay at their local HS in texas instead of going to IMG. 

Pfft...No they won't...

Kids will simply go elsewhere...

Not every kid want/has to go to a Texas school.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

heres where this can go...get rid of all transfer rules across the country. Let any kid go anywhere he wants. Some programs will shut down. But the bigger programs will stay around. 

I doubt it.

Too much money involved (School board politics and such).  They'd just split into divisions like Louisiana did.

(Different senarios I know...but you get the idea...)

Just now, Frosty4024 said:

Yes it is. Cocoa im sure will have their fair share of transfers. Ive always wondered how this will impact STA. Now instead of paying that tuition to go there if you can drive yourself to a better public school that has good football why not go there

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes it is. Cocoa im sure will have their fair share of transfers. Ive always wondered how this will impact STA. Now instead of paying that tuition to go there if you can drive yourself to a better public school that has good football why not go there

STA will be STA...

Im more interested in how this impacts schools like BTW, MC, MNW, CC, etc

And Maitland or whatever school that is near IMG.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:44 AM, Pops said:

Or smart

theyre not in competition for the IMG 4* and 5* kids anyway and it might help them, probably won't hurt them, with TX kids (and coaches)

Yeah but Baylor is setting themselves up for more losing if all they get are tx kats.  A college needs to be able to recruit the whole country. 

23 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yeah but Baylor is setting themselves up for more losing if all they get are tx kats.  A college needs to be able to recruit the whole country. 

Yes and no

i understand that's a key to Norte Dame, Stanford, Alabama, USC etc, but I could buy into the logic of Baylor saying "that's not our arena, but if we can elevate ourselves just within TX for TX kids, we will gain better recruits...."

i don't think Baylor attracts the national recruits regardless (especially if they visit Waco)

• Like 2