New Jersey Group 4 NP Seeding Prediction

SJR 04

Just now, Testadura said:

Tall order:

247 Sports #24 5* Hamilton, #1 SDE nationally; 1st Team USAT; Army AA game  (Rivals had Darius at #11 nationally)

247 Sports #53, 4* Wright, #4 CB nationally; 2nd Team USAT; Army AA game  (ESPN's top 150 had Yuri at #40)

247 Sports #103, 4* Shumate; #6 S nationally; Army AA game

[BC's Gould is #128]

ILB Strizak, 3*, ranked #453 nationally, #11 in NJ, and #17 at ILB nationally; I think he received an Army AA-game invite

[BC's Bellamy is #435 nationally per 247, and #35 or #42 at CB nationally (35 is 247, and 42 is the composite)

S Sakowski, 2nd-team ESPN AA 

LB Jared Goldenberg, U of Miami

DE AQM (junior), 4*, ranked #48 nationally; ranked #5 at SDE; ranked #1 in NJ; Army AA game

DT R. Gross (junior), Rutgers

AND SOPH PEPPERS, 3rd-team ESPN AA that year, and Frosh & Soph POY nationally

He wasn't saying this BC D was better than above. I'd give them the nod for best BNU D since 2011. 

• Thanks 1

2011:  besides finishing 1 in 5 out in the 9 national rankings (USAT, MaxPreps, ESPN, Prep Nation, and another I can't remember), and 2 in the remainder (Rivals, Massey, SI, and another I can't remember), they had 11 sacks and 13-14 tackles for losses against #9-ranked Manatee at Manatee, which won group 7 in Florida that year.  Until Bosco was up 22-9 or 22-10 with 3-4 minutes left and thus went into its prevent D, Manatee's was averaging around 0.9 yds a carry.  The last 3 minutes moved up Manatee's average to around 1.5.  Defensive domination on the #9 national team.

and Bosco had to play a BC 2x.  BC lost to Florida's Plant 10-7 at Plant.  Plant won group 8 in Florida that year.  Point being, BC had a real O with Germano who was NJ POY--no NJ team this year has an O like BC did that year with Nunz.

Bosco beat Joes at Joes 42-0, and CalPreps had Joes at 34 or so.  MV made it to the quarters, and CalPreps had them 42 or lower.  It light have lost to the eventual state champ???  Eds won a game or 2 in the Ohio playoffs, and CalPrep had them around 40 or lower?  I think Eds lost by 3 to Moeller to get knocked out???

Joe probably won a state Chip, and Bosco beats them 42-0 at Joes on Thanksgiving, and knocks QB Spencer out of the game.

Tall order.

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

iron sharpen iron, my man

we're not going back to the days of paying montclair, p-burg, and Pope John, are we?

My point was that we all know there's a great chance 9f losing oos games vs top flight competition. We know that NJ does not reward it and never has. Therefore we play oos games to get better no matter the consequences in state. So... we can not cry foul when we get hosed do to our ambitious scheduling. That's it and that's all!

4 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

My point was that we all know there's a great chance 9f losing oos games vs top flight competition. We know that NJ does not reward it and never has. Therefore we play oos games to get better no matter the consequences in state. So... we can not cry foul when we get hosed do to our ambitious scheduling. That's it and that's all!

We all agree. It's a shame that SPP would rather secure a higher playoff seed than to maximize their team's potential. And we see how well it's worked out for them this season ;) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

you know who has a really crap time of it? Delbarton. They have to travel down to south jersey to play Camden Catholic and if they win that they will have to turn around and go back down the following week to play St. Augs

They'll be fine...taking Limo's the game...a few might use daddy's helicopter as well!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Imitation is a far second to #1 Jealousy. 

easy does it.  i think you're on double-secret probation

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

That is what I said..since that 2011 Bosco team 

you get so hyped on Monday morn.  people word things clearly, and GSB and HardHit always misread them

on a side note, I have no idea whether Bosco beats Joes, but I hope they can

1 hour ago, SJR 04 said:

i was just sayin' somethin' to say somethin'

i just repeated GSB--iron sharpens iron.  usually that works

it had nothing to do with what you said--don't try to make sense out if it

we didn't get hosed.  i think you're right

don't forget Mad-Water.  i bet you he had a field day over the last week or 2

• Like 1