Georgia's loss to IMG is hurting them

coach_warren

1 hour ago, coach_warren said:

That is a reason why I don't think Georgia is rated so highly at all.

Maxpreps once had 3 Georgia teams (Colquitt, Archer, Grayson) in the Top 25 now almost none of the polls include them. I think the IMG loss is hurting them

and wrong. Sorry buddy but I don't think you're right. if that was the case California wouldn't be rated as high as they are ever. Neither would Texas or Florida. every state has taken an unpleasant loss.

2 hours ago, coach_warren said:

That is a reason why I don't think Georgia is rated so highly at all.

Maxpreps once had 3 Georgia teams (Colquitt, Archer, Grayson) in the Top 25 now almost none of the polls include them. I think the IMG loss is hurting them

4 times DLS has loss OOS in the last 8 years, and they came back to blow away all the CA competition including the SoCal champ...

If anything that shouldve gotten rid of CA for a decade.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There just aren't any "sure things" in Georgia this year is why we don't have 3 or 4 teams in the top 25. We could end up with that many in there though, depending on how everything shakes out as the season progresses. 

Pretty much this.

Actually... every poll Ive seen except the USAToday has Grayson Top 12.

But in 2016 we KNEW we had 4 teams that were going to be very good... Grayson, Roswell, Mill Creek, & McEachern. 

In 2017... it just isnt that way... although the potential is there. Cartersville COULD be. Lowndes COULD be. Rome COULD be. Theres quite a few non-7A schools in the upper deck this year. Theres a ton of potential in 7A though... just not sure who will emerge from the pack.

Marietta is stacking talent. 2017 will be a good year for them, but 2018 they should most definitely be a serious contender.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

4 times DLS has loss OOS in the last 8 years, and they came back to blow away all the CA competition including the SoCal champ...

If anything that shouldve gotten rid of CA for a decade.

No team improves like the Spartans

only 4 losses after 1st week of October in last 25 years were in the state championship game

imcredible

40 minutes ago, Pops said:

only 4 losses after 1st week of October in last 25 years were in the state championship game

imcredible

Because they play only CA teams after the 1st week of October. 

And yet notbigdb cant see that IMG was in their 2nd game, Grayson their 1st game with a new HC and a load of new transfer starters.. trying a semi new offense which they didnt run as much the rest of the year... also missing their 4* ILB (who wouldve helped vs Kellen Mond) Breon Dixon, an Ole Miss signee...

They struggled a bit vs McEachern in Week 2 after IMG. A late INT and FG as time expired won that game for them... after that they took off...

Go to 1:21 of this video and watch Breon Dixon (#9) sack the QB... and again at 1:45 as he blows up a screen...  and then again at 4:45 as he blows up another screen...  

And then theres this... 

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Its Not just the non-competitive img showing, but also the last real top 5 team that played in GA ended up creating a new adverb...NORCROSSED.

Some folks never grow up.  That was 4 years ago and no one on that team is still in high school.  If you are still using that to judge GA teams it shows that you need to get in the current year.

43 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Because they play only CA teams after the 1st week of October. 

And yet notbigdb cant see that IMG was in their 2nd game, Grayson their 1st game with a new HC and a load of new transfer starters.. trying a semi new offense which they didnt run as much the rest of the year... also missing their 4* ILB (who wouldve helped vs Kellen Mond) Breon Dixon, an Ole Miss signee...

They struggled a bit vs McEachern in Week 2 after IMG. A late INT and FG as time expired won that game for them... after that they took off...

Go to 1:21 of this video and watch Breon Dixon (#9) sack the QB... and again at 1:45 as he blows up a screen...  and then again at 4:45 as he blows up another screen...  

And then theres this... 

Please take to excuse thread

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The last two legit Top 5 teams GA has played in the last 5 years, BTW and IMG, beat them by a grand total of 81 - 6. Both GA teams, Gheyson and Norcrossed, went on to win the coveted Georgia State Championship for their respective class a division. But for some reason, the gentle folk of the peach state, still feel they get slighted in the national rankings because of evil ulterior algorithms of CalPreps instead of the fact that GA has under perform when they play the Top 5, while killing it against in state rivals. This has led to a plethora of threads started by GA brethren preaching the virtues of every tom, dick and harry tomato can, in state football team their favorites play, while disowning those misfortunate teams that get exposed. Good luck with Vista...you shouldn't need it.

Conveniently leaving out MC that we laid out, what was that, let me look and see, oh yea 35-3.  I make no excuse about Norcross.  I was at that game and it was painfully clear they weren't.  My point is that was long enough ago that no players associated with that team are still in high school.  Using games from that long ago is worthless.  And yes, our win over MC was that long ago and says nothing about us for the 2017 season.  Gheyson and Norcrossed, cute.  Are you Rab in disguise?  That's his MO, trying to come up with cutesy names.  I don't really care where we are in preseason rankings and don't understand some people's obsession with them.  It is amusing to be sure but doesn't really mean anything.

4 hours ago, Pops said:

imcredible

My inner Los almost came out at this BS.... 

Aside from SJB who the hell do you play past October?

I never thought I'd do this 

@LOSer @Sammyswordsman wtf is this BS he's spewing.... ? 

Guest LOSer
6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My inner Los almost came out at this BS.... 

Aside from SJB who the hell do you play past October?

I never thought I'd do this 

@LOSer @Sammyswordsman wtf is this BS he's spewing.... ? 

For the first 14 of those 25 years (1992-2005), De La Salle played nobody better than, say, Freedom or Foothill after October 1. East Bay suburban teams that wouldn't have given any top program trouble.

Since the Bowl Games started in 2006, they're 4-1 against a tailor made match (Centennial) and 3-3 against everybody else.

So they play all of their tough non-NCS games and OOS games in the first month then get fat on NCS slappies after October 1. Then they go slightly less than 2 out of 3 (63%) against Bowl opponents.

If you peel the onion back you realize that Pop's claims are, as usual, not very impressive after all.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

If you peel the onion back you realize that Pop's claims are, as usual, not very impressive after all.

You need to peel it back to make it believable, I suppose

then, also, choose to ignore

-- a lot, or even, most of those teams better than Cooper City 

-- some of those teams were national top 25 (i.e. Mid 90s Pitt, '98-'01 San Leandro (48-0 ex DLS; 0-4, DLS, '12-13 Folsom)

-- sometimes, most teams, lose a game they shouldn't -- STA does it 2-3x/ year

Guest LOSer
8 minutes ago, Pops said:

then, also, choose to ignore

-- a lot, or even, most of those teams better than Cooper City 

-- some of those teams were national top 25 (i.e. Mid 90s Pitt, '98-'01 San Leandro (48-0 ex DLS; 0-4, DLS, '12-13 Folsom)

-- sometimes, most teams, lose a game they shouldn't -- STA does it 2-3x/ year

So many lies and/or irrelevant claims.

Not true about 2011 Cooper City but even it was it doesn't matter. It's irrelevant in other words.

Nobody buys those NCS teams but even if we did grant them to you that's only 2 schools in 25 years. I think my point is made.

Not true about STA losing 2-3x a year to teams they shouldn't but even if it was (we're granting you a lot of leeway) you must think that they're the best program in the country because only then would having 0 losses every year be even remotely plausible.

So in response to a factual post about De La Salle, you couldn't help but mention STA (directly or indirectly) twice in your three bullet-points.

Obsessed much.

"4 times DLS has loss OOS in the last 8 years, and they came back to blow away all the CA competition including the SoCal champ...

If anything that shouldve gotten rid of CA for a decade."

DLS also has 3 OOS wins over that time frame, so what is your point?

"For the first 14 of those 25 years (1992-2005), De La Salle played nobody better than, say, Freedom or Foothill after October 1."

October 15, 2001  De La Salle beats Long Beach Poly, then the #1 team in the nation

October 28, 2003  De La Salle beats Evangel Christian, national top ten at the time.

Pittsburg had nationally ranked teams in the early 90's, San Leandro was nationally ranked near the end of the 90's (give or take, the Dennis Dixon years), those are both teams DLS would face in the playoffs.

That was just off the top of my head.