Prep Force preseason poll

BigBobT

6 minutes ago, BigBobT said:

Well I meant at #1. I don't think I've seen one without SJB/MD at the top.

Any of those teams deserve to be 1 in preseason md, sjb, STA, or img. I wouldn't have a problem w BG at 1 til they get knocked off.... just a preseason poll anyway. 

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Still cant understand how the two NJ schools can be ranked that high. BOTH will be markedly less talented than last season. Perplexing. 

The problem with bnu teams is that they are capable OF beating teams in that 10-20 range but due to difficult schedules statistically they will have one or more losses and won't be there at year's end. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Any of those teams deserve to be 1 in preseason md, sjb, STA, or img. I wouldn't have a problem w BG at 1 til they get knocked off.... just a preseason poll anyway. 

Agreed. Those are the top 5 for preseason. Any order is fine with me as well. Personally, I like Mater Dei, but we'll see. Can't wait for this year! So many top matchups.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yup.  People forget that when DBP won their MNCs they were still scheduling and beating the likes of Passaic, Clifton, Kennedy, PCT and Ridgewood. No more publics=No more weeks off. 

For all the BNUs (less SPP) SHP, Delby and PJ will be as easy as its gets during the regular season going fwd. 

What you keep forgetting to say is that Bosco was still forced by NJ to play those teams. If not for the foresight of Bosco and Toal who knows what might have been. Bosco saw no relevance in playing those public schools and eventually NJ let them go forward with 2 then 3 and eventually 4 OOS games. In 2009 Bosco defeated Pratville and DLS and 2011 Bosco beat MV, St. Ed, Manatee. 

As early as 2002/03 Bosco was not allowed to travel OOS and play DLS. So Bosco basically did everything it could to play better teams which has evolved into one of the toughest league's in the country. Add in 1/2 OOS games and you now have one hwck of a tough schedule.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yup.  People forget that when DBP won their MNCs they were still scheduling and beating the likes of Passaic, Clifton, Kennedy, PCT and Ridgewood. No more publics=No more weeks off. 

For all the BNUs (less SPP) SHP, Delby and PJ will be as easy as its gets during the regular season going fwd. 

And this is where Jimbo and I disagree but you need some cupcakes on that like your schedule imo. 2 or 3 of them ideal. Delby and PJ aren't complete cupcakes. 

Im talking the likes of who you mentioned .... the Passaic and Clifton's of the world. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Every top team in the US has a few reg season cupcakes. Not in the BNU. Hence, why an undefeated season and MNC will be almost impossible for most BNU teams going fwd. SPP has the best S hot of going undefeated this season due to their two gimme games vs UC and Lincoln. 

In BC's case last year 3 gimmes gives 21 a chance to get his ankle better. He played every week on a bum leg. Some games were painful to watch with him gimping around. But if you leave it up to the kid he's going to want to stay out there with his teammates. 

9 minutes ago, BigBobT said:

So which 9 teams do you think will be in the final one? let's say the top 5 are gimmes. Who are the other 4?

Will know more after Week 5 or 6......These preseason polls are all crap shoots and they typically have drastic changes some happening as soon as Week 1 or 2.

If Curtis beats Grayson and etc.......

If Bergen gets blown up in CA and etc....Week 3, I believe.

Some of these teams remind me of the Texas Longhorns who are ranked in some preseason college polls this year and they won't be there at the end.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Funny for me to read this.  Around here the publics are the heavy hitters.  Every state is different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A 7-4 DBP ruined their perfect season. I was on the field in the SJR endzone for the winning TD. Nutile to Sweeney!! TK later said that was the best game by an opposing QB in his entire career. 

Big mistake was taking fossati out on a kickoff. He would kick it and go down and cause havoc. 

He took a play off and Ellison? Took it to the house.