Curious

PrepGridiron

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

Anyone know what happened to DownSouth and OU112? I really enjoyed the contributions of those two. Also, anyone know what happened to JCGIII (I think that was the handle)? He was a GA poster too. Didn't post too much, but he came to mind as well.

maybe all the political talk drove them away

you are probably right. 

If that's true, it would be an extremely weak reason to leave imo.  To me, our current political and social situations are fascinating, but if it's not interesting to some people they can simply not read them.  

To each his own but if these political topics were to leave altogether I would miss them, especially during the off-season.  

Btw, I noticed not many have added their name to regional poll that was set up.  What gives?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Yeah, but I don't think any of those guys joined. That's the question. Expect something to happen by the weekend to deal with the political banter. 

its gotta end. yea i got involved with it but i thought this board was our get away from the real world and focus on our life of sports

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

If that's true, it would be an extremely weak reason to leave imo.  To me, our current political and social situations are fascinating, but if it's not interesting to some people they can simply not read them.  

To each his own but if these political topics were to leave altogether I would miss them, especially during the off-season.  

Btw, I noticed not many have added their name to regional poll that was set up.  What gives?  

why is it weak? we come here to talk football and sports. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

its gotta end. yea i got involved with it but i thought this board was our get away from the real world and focus on our life of sports

So, I've created an Off-Topic forum within the site. Hopefully all the political banter and other off topic conversations can migrate there. That way for those that only want to see the Football talk can stick strictly to this forum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

So, I've created an Off-Topic forum within the site. Hopefully all the political banter and other off topic conversations can migrate there. That way for those that only want to see the Football talk can stick strictly to this forum. 

makes sense to me. what would be off topic other then political? anything other then football??

Just now, HSFBfan said:

makes sense to me. what would be off topic other then political? anything other then football??

Its not strict, I mean if someone posts about the MLB playoffs in the Varsity Forum, its not going to be a big deal. 

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Are football topics other than HSFB for the OT forum?

I would say no. Anything football related is open on the Varsity Forum

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

D South was just a troll who never brought anything to the board except random satire. It was a lame and not needed. 

Just now, zulu1128 said:

I think I recall DS saying that he was probably tapping out after DJ's site went under.

Damn, I was hoping he'd troll me with one of his poems. 

21 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

The only problem is that if you have www.prepgridiron.com bookmarked, you go to the Home page which requires you to select the forum you want to read. If you just want to read the Varsity forum, you'll have to change the bookmark.

The only problem is that if you have www.prepgridiron.com bookmarked, you go to the Home page which requires you to select the forum you want to read. If you just want to read the Varsity forum, you'll have to change the bookmark.

Mine stayed the same lol but it's mobile. And it sucks about the others. Always the more the merrier. We need em all