Consensus is not science, consensus is simply consensus

Bormio

The Cochrane Library is an organization that reviews and analyzes medical trials.  They have looked at the randomized controlled trials on masking in respiratory illnesses including Covid and looked at the pooled data.  Their conclusion was masking, including N95 masking was not shown to have any benefit in preventing disease transmission.  We were subjected to years of “experts” pontificating on the benefits of masking when there was no data to back up their claims.  I doubt many of the experts believed what they were saying, but were afraid to say so.  The whole situation is appalling and more than a little frightening.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

The Cochrane Library is an organization that reviews and analyzes medical trials.  They have looked at the randomized controlled trials on masking in respiratory illnesses including Covid and looked at the pooled data.  Their conclusion was masking, including N95 masking was not shown to have any benefit in preventing disease transmission.  We were subjected to years of “experts” pontificating on the benefits of masking when there was no data to back up their claims.  I doubt many of the experts believed what they were saying, but were afraid to say so.  The whole situation is appalling and more than a little frightening.

Interesting, so how confident were they with the results? 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting, so how confident were they with the results? 

you want interesting results?...

still waiting on Bellybob's response,

but feel free to give it a try...👍

""...just go ahead and punch in the " magic" number PMC8580522 (and take yer pick) as apparently the NIH has evidence that 5G radiation can cause that Corona stuff...🤯""

PS: darn conspiracy theories...

BTW:Conspiracy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 hours ago, Bormio said:

The Cochrane Library is an organization that reviews and analyzes medical trials.  They have looked at the randomized controlled trials on masking in respiratory illnesses including Covid and looked at the pooled data.  Their conclusion was masking, including N95 masking was not shown to have any benefit in preventing disease transmission.  We were subjected to years of “experts” pontificating on the benefits of masking when there was no data to back up their claims.  I doubt many of the experts believed what they were saying, but were afraid to say so.  The whole situation is appalling and more than a little frightening. ↳

Why do you think that those who put fear into the experts failed to compel the Cochrane Library and those who published the results of their medical trials? 

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Do you trust the NIH?

trust but verify ? lol

PS: You don't happen to have a reference for that big O era change of law allowing government to lie in their propaganda do you?  🤔

BTW: No source is 100% accurate...

...not even computers LOL.

48 minutes ago, Troll said:

trust but verify ? lol

BTW: No source is 100% accurate... ↳

...not even computers LOL. ↳

You know how these false flag operations work.

Blame the 5G networks so that the people don't recognize that the Democrats and China released a bio weapon on the American people to get Trump out of office.

Wake me up when you find a reliable source. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You know how these false flag operations work.

Blame the 5G networks so that the people don't recognize that the Democrats and China released a bio weapon on the American people to get Trump out of office.

Wake me up when you find a reliable source. 

no need ...LOL

if you actually read it (most don't)...

they found correlation but not "causation"

....of course the "causation" of all those other "minor" biological effects are not apparently in question ...

PS: according to "your" reliable source...

BTW: You conspiracy theorist you. 🤣

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Do you trust the NIH?

If I’m not mistaken, 9 of the 12 member panel responsible for recommending Covid treatment to FDA had to disclose financial ties to Gilead Pharmceuticals whose very expensive Remdezvir therapy they recommended.  Sure seems like potential for conflict of interest.  At the same time a three ingredient cocktail using two common drugs and a corticosteroid, was dismissed despite showing promise albeit in limited (at the time) trials.  
In the long run, I don’t think Remdezvir  fared all that well as a treatment, but certainly hasn’t been implicated as having untoward effects.  Thus I think you could trust NIH  or some members) to make wise financial decisions. 

31 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If I’m not mistaken, 9 of the 12 member panel responsible for recommending Covid treatment to FDA had to disclose financial ties to Gilead Pharmceuticals whose very expensive Remdezvir therapy they recommended.  Sure seems like potential for conflict of interest.  At the same time a three ingredient cocktail using two common drugs and a corticosteroid, was dismissed despite showing promise albeit in limited (at the time) trials.  
In the long run, I don’t think Remdezvir  fared all that well as a treatment, but certainly hasn’t been implicated as having untoward effects.  Thus I think you could trust NIH  or some members) to make wise financial decisions. 

image.jpeg.e586076f240f06fef82bce7cc1e0c735.jpeg

Meme Creator - Funny Im trying to follow the science It just keeps leading  me to the money Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

Twister Bill Paxton GIF - Twister Bill Paxton In It For The Money -  Discover & Share GIFs

Nobody climbs mountains for scientific... - Quote

47 minutes ago, Troll said:

yes we know...

fool.

YARN | She felt exposed, vulnerable, like a fool. | Sex and the City (1998)  - S02E04 Romance | Video gifs by quotes | 8bd2268b | 紗

PS: what ever made you think a consensus is a majority ....

BTW: ,,,,or math LOLOLOL...

you FOOL! 

🤣

consensus

[ kuhn-sen-suhs ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for consensus on Thesaurus.com

noun, plural con·sen·sus·es.

"majority of opinion: "The consensus of the group was that they should meet twice a month."

consensus (countable and uncountable, plural consensuses)

A process of decision-making that seeks widespread agreement among group members.

General agreement among the members of a given group or community, each of which exercises some discretion in decision-making and follow-up action.

"After years of debate over the best wine to serve at Thanksgiving, no real consensus has emerged."

reach consensus

(computing) An agreement on some data value that is needed during computation.

(attributive) Average projected value.

1 minute ago, Wildcat Will said:

consensus

[ kuhn-sen-suhs ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for consensus on Thesaurus.com

noun, plural con·sen·sus·es.

"majority of opinion: "The consensus of the group was that they should meet twice a month."

fool doesn't even know how to show a fake reference...or actual source

and somehow that "copy and paste"  has glaring typos / quotes in the wrong places 🤣

PS: Britannica Dictionary definition of CONSENSUS: a general agreement about something ...