Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

But you just wrote, "There's more to our school than just football." If that's the case, none of the above matters, correct? 

I stand by that. We were referring to the feelings of the overall alumni base and me personally. But then we switched back to the possibility of the admin taking action. It's 2 separate conversations

• Like 1

Just now, aZjimbo said:

It's very possible they go 8-4 and win state and go 10-2 and not win state. That's how wide open it is. That's why I believe that BC is way too high preseason ranked.

i agree with you. i cant see them being top 10. i havent see them yet and probably wont until next week at depaul but top 10?? kinda hard to believe

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I agree that Nunz has the most to lose. BC can go 8-3 or 3-8 IMO. If they're not at least 2-1 after the first three games, I feel trouble may be on the horizon. 

I feel like AW will give them a game. Ive been reading some articles on them and they are supposed to be good. I believe they are ranked #1 in 5A in PA. SJP is #1 in 6A

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i agree with you. i cant see them being top 10. i havent see them yet and probably wont until next week at depaul but top 10?? kinda hard to believe

I think Bosco and PC hold the wildcards because most are not sure where those teams wind up. New coach etc for Bosco. Seem to be talented. Sabella a very good coach but some question marks. 

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

I think Bosco and PC hold the wildcards because most are not sure where those teams wind up. New coach etc for Bosco. Seem to be talented. Sabella a very good coach but some question marks. 

Im sure PC has some athletes over there. DBP looked good at the practice I was at

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Really?? How so? AW looks like they have some ballers over there. DPC game should be good but i think BC could wear them down

I guess it comes down to how much respect you have for the Philly squads. SJP last year was an outlier to me. I still think the BNU squads have a talent gap over those schools.

Just now, Mickeybern said:

I guess it comes down to how much respect you have for the Philly squads. SJP last year was an outlier to me. I still think the BNU squads have a talent gap over those schools.

I saw SJP scrimmage BC and i knew they were the real deal. Swift was a beast. The backup RB to swift is another very good RB. Idk how much they lost on the O-line but if they are back SJP is a very good team. La Salle College used to play BC very tough. 

43 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nunzio has 2 significant wins in his time at BC imo.

Beating St. Edward was a big win. 

Beating Lasalle PA is a decent win not significant. 

Beating pc on the road in 12 was good win jabrill's junior year. 

Few nice sjr OT wins.... should of had one more from last year. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I saw SJP scrimmage BC and i knew they were the real deal. Swift was a beast. The backup RB to swift is another very good RB. Idk how much they lost on the O-line but if they are back SJP is a very good team. La Salle College used to play BC very tough. 

Yeah I'm not saying they are bad teams but other than SJP's defeat of Bosco last year Jersey has ruled. Swift is gone and the O-line lost a few but SJP is still a good team. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Beating St. Edward was a big win. 

Beating Lasalle PA is a decent win not significant. 

Beating pc on the road in 12 was good win jabrill's junior year. 

Few nice sjr OT wins.... should of had one more from last year. 

La Salle is not significant like you said. Like i said he has less then a handful. Yea i was at the SJR OT win at BC. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

He mentioned BG. I was naming ones he missed. 

So in 8 years he has what 5 significant wins. Lost to Plant at Plant. Has he ever played any other significant FL schools?? i dont believe so. Beating tampa catholic doesnt matter. should have beaten BG at home as well. I can go on and on