Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Toal and Nunz know those pitfalls of pre season rankings... Unless BC Is totally overwhelmed by MD as Bosco was by MC, hopefully this will not be a huge loss... I will talk to someone at the right time to see what the picture may present...This pressure business on BC may be a figment of outside influence rather than what the staff or the players really feel...

Agreed.  I am sure they are feeling pressure (at that level they always are) but who knows if the media and fan hype are a true indication of what's going on in the locker room.  Remember back in 2013 when "everyone" was sure Nunzio was done at Bergen?  What happens on the field will speak for itself; the rest is just noise.

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Toal and Nunz know those pitfalls of pre season rankings... Unless BC Is totally overwhelmed by MD as Bosco was by MC, hopefully this will not be a huge loss... I will talk to someone at the right time to see what the picture may present...This pressure business on BC may be a figment of outside influence rather than what the staff or the players really feel...

You have to figure theres gotta be a lot of pressure on Nunzio. I would say this has got to be the last year for him. Win the state or get let go. 

There is a lot of pressure on Nunz to win a state championship this year...dont kid yourself...I know several older BC alums who are tired of losing and want results....the alumni pressure is krazy....so I have no dog in the fight till next year in GR4 so rooting for Nunz...good guy....

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

There is a lot of pressure on Nunz to win a state championship this year...dont kid yourself...I know several older BC alums who are tired of losing and want results....the alumni pressure is krazy....so I have no dog in the fight till next year in GR4 so rooting for Nunz...good guy....

seems like an ok guy just not sure he has what it takes to win the state

34 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Totally agree with the last sentence.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paladin4ever said:

Dortch was a stud. He ran all over Wayne Hills in the state final. One of the best performances I've ever seen.

He had a real good performance against Wayne Hills the year before in the state final.  It doesn't look good on paper, but he had some of the best one, no gain, and minus-2 yard runs I've seen seen - each one of those runs could have been worse.  Hoboken couldn't block Wayne Hills, who was a better team in 98 than 99.  He would be nailed three yards behind the line of scrimmage and would bleed a couple of yards for minus-1.  

Like I said there is absolutely no pressure on Toal and Fred. This is old that for them. Nunz knows what he has to do but does he have what it takes? Will he go for that crazy 4th down or punt and play field position? Will he do those pooch kicks that are extremely dangerous at times? IMO the kids dont let the expectations get to them. Most embrace it.

45 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

yes there is pressure on him. yes there are some alumni who are demanding results. But I don't think if he comes up short they would let him go. He's well liked and to many other alums there is more to our school than a football state championship. Stability in any program is the key to long term success. I think they would be hard pressed to remove him.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mickeybern said:

yes there is pressure on him. yes there are some alumni who are demanding results. But I don't think if he comes up short they would let him go. He's well liked and to many other alums there is more to our school than a football state championship. Stability in any program is the key to long term success. I think they would be hard pressed to remove him.  

hes been there for what now at least 5 years and no state titles. PC in that time has gone from the bottom of the BNU to multiple states titles. Nunzio has 2 significant wins in his time at BC imo...the game at BG and the playoff win at DBP thats about it. So to say it would be hard pressed to remove him i dont agree with that statement. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

hes been there for what now at least 5 years and no state titles. PC in that time has gone from the bottom of the BNU to multiple states titles. Nunzio has 2 significant wins in his time at BC imo...the game at BG and the playoff win at DBP thats about it. So to say it would be hard pressed to remove him i dont agree with that statement. 

Guess what I'm saying is I would bet against it.  Some schools seem quicker to pull the trigger in this regard than BC. Not saying it would be out of the question since this is his 8th year at the helm but it just hasn't been Bergen's MO. 

Guess what I'm saying is I would bet against it.  Some schools seem quicker to pull the trigger in this regard than BC. Not saying it would be out of the question since this is his 8th year at the helm but it just hasn't been Bergen's MO. 

So BC would continue to have a guy who hasnt won the state and won like i said won less then a handful of meaningful games in his time there. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

***************************************************************************************************************************************************
                                                                          NO MORE SCRIMMAGE NEWS
***************************************************************************************************************************************************
                                                                         THE SEASON HAS BEGUN

Depaul has a scrimmage saturday morning so nope season has not begun up here

Just now, HSFBfan said:

So BC would continue to have a guy who hasnt won the state and won like i said won less then a handful of meaningful games in his time there. 

let's look at this from a different perspective and say they do fire him. What is the fallout?? 1st off Toal is gone after 1 season. He wouldn't stick around watching his buddy get booted. How many top tier offensive guys that came to play for him transfer out? Can't answer it but they will occur because of the change. Who do you get and can they improve the situation? I don't know but we can all agree that the new coach will be faced with the same landscape. Talent being spread out over the top 8 schools and playing a constant gruelling schedule. I guess I just see more downside risk than upside potential to the program

let's look at this from a different perspective and say they do fire him. What is the fallout?? 1st off Toal is gone after 1 season. He wouldn't stick around watching his buddy get booted. How many top tier offensive guys that came to play for him transfer out? Can't answer it but they will occur because of the change. Who do you get and can they improve the situation? I don't know but we can all agree that the new coach will be faced with the same landscape. Talent being spread out over the top 8 schools and playing a constant gruelling schedule. I guess I just see more downside risk than upside potential to the program

i can understand where your going and i agree with the point you made but sports is what have you done for me lately and nunzio has done nothing zilch nada in my opinion. Yes talent is spread out and BC would probably lose some offensive guys but honestly thats ok. You can get a more balanced type of team thats run by a guy that knows both sides of the ball because as you can see lately Toal was doing great as a defensive HC until he started getting beat. Nunzio is the opposite and is an offensive HC. You need balance on both sides of the ball esp in the trenches and that to me is where nunzio really keeps failing is up front. Well that and getting his QBs killed. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No pressure? If BC doesn't win a Chip this season, it's very likely that they're ALL jobless next season. From what I've been told, the current BC President is in his final year. He's been Nunz's "rabbi" from Day One. So much so that the Pres and Nunz were the ones who courted and hired GT unbeknownst to the current AD. Unless he wins a Chip, the AD and new President will replace him when the time is right. 

BC guys, am I right or wrong? 

You think Toal or Fred feel any pressure? Nunz like I said is another story. So say Nunz goes 10-2/9-3 yet does not win state yet is ranked top 25-30 in country. You think he gets fired? And do you think Fred and Toal are worried about getting fired? They'll get a job anywhere they want. 

• Like 1