Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i dont mind a guy who wants to run people over but do that on the goal line or on a 3rd and 2 when you really need it. BC has very capable Rbs even if its just Johnson and not both JM and him. Ive said this for years and i just wish the QB position would go back to just having the QB drop back and throw the ball or hand it off nothing more nothing less. As least then they can develop as a QB and not rely on their legs. Like i said on a critical 3rd and short or on the goal line when you really need it take off and do it but not all over the field

absolutely..agree 100%. I'm not saying JM won't be in the backfield by the way I'm just saying his touches will be curtailed from the previous 2 seasons. RJ will most likely be the focus more and more. As far as the QB situation goes,  with all the weapons JL has at his disposal I just don't see the reason why he would need to run as much as he has in the past. The WR's are very good and the Devira kid I think will be a  matchup nightmare for most defenses. 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

absolutely..agree 100%. I'm not saying JM won't be in the backfield by the way I'm just saying his touches will be curtailed from the previous 2 seasons. RJ will most likely be the focus more and more. As far as the QB situation goes,  with all the weapons JL has at his disposal I just don't see the reason why he would need to run as much as he has in the past. The WR's are very good and the Devira kid I think will be a  matchup nightmare for most defenses. 

Exactly. I cant agree more. If JL isnt throwing the ball up in the air in the end zone and having Devira go up and grab ill go nuts. The season really needs to start. Summer has been way too long and we still have another week before we see NJ football. 

35 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

R Johnson put on any weight in off season ? 

don't believe so..but JM's physicality could be a big boost to the D..Also hearing that one of the LB's has been moved to Dline..not sure who but maybe Anthony Corbin. If that is the case he must have put on weight because he was a lot smaller last year

there has been some..last year was quiet and the whole Alfano thing I believe to be a one off.. but look at from a different perspective, the last 2 freshmen teams have only lost 1 game combined. There is a lot of talent coming up and the upperclassmen are being pressed. Throw in the transfers of the likes of Snead and Devira and I guess this could be somewhat expected

Just now, Mickeybern said:

there has been some..last year was quiet and the whole Alfano thing I believe to be a one off.. but look at from a different perspective, the last 2 freshmen teams have only lost 1 game combined. There is a lot of talent coming up and the upperclassmen are being pressed. Throw in the transfers of the likes of Snead and Devira and I guess this could be somewhat expected

heard snead really isnt cutting it at BC

heard that too. the LB position is probably the deepest position on the team. Just not surprised by the juniors transferring. Can't get playing time as a junior time to move on..

i disagree. how about you toughen up and compete for the spot. you may never be a starter but competing at the schools like BC DBP SJR etc etc will get you more then starting at any public school 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i disagree. how about you toughen up and compete for the spot. you may never be a starter but competing at the schools like BC DBP SJR etc etc will get you more then starting at any public school 

hold on hold on..i'm not agreeing with that philosophy I'm just saying that is what goes on now. Just a fact of life now in top tier schools. Sharkey drops to 3rd on the depth chart if you are Nunzio do you start the junior next year or the senior...becomes an uphill climb. Most kids and parents aren't going to attempt to climb that mountain.

hold on hold on..i'm not agreeing with that philosophy I'm just saying that is what goes on now. Just a fact of life now in top tier schools. Sharkey drops to 3rd on the depth chart if you are Nunzio do start the junior next year or the senior...becomes an uphill climb. Most kids and parents aren't going to attempt to climb that mountain.

and thats why kids today are the way they are. they will never learn to compete. they will run until they fall into a softer spot. i said the same thing about Alfano. Kid will go to Rahway and nobody really is ever gonna talk about him. He'll never showcase his skill on the national level or anything like that. And if i was nunzio i start the best 11 players on both sides. Idc what class you are in. If your a soph and your better then a senior then you start. And it shouldnt be written in stone. If your better in week 1 and get beat out during week 2 then your on the bench as a backup

Just now, HSFBfan said:

and thats why kids today are the way they are. they will never learn to compete. they will run until they fall into a softer spot. i said the same thing about Alfano. Kid will go to Rahway and nobody really is ever gonna talk about him. He'll never showcase his skill on the national level or anything like that. And if i was nunzio i start the best 11 players on both sides. Idc what class you are in. If your a soph and your better then a senior then you start. And it shouldnt be written in stone. If your better in week 1 and get beat out during week 2 then your on the bench as a backup

yeah the Alfano situation is whole different animal..but for arguments sake lets say going into next season with Langan gone and Sharkey and Boels are somewhat comparable who do you start if you're Nunz? It will be Boels because of the extra year of eligibility. It would be hard for Sharkey to displace him especially since coach's don't want to play the QB carousel. 

yeah the Alfano situation is whole different animal..but for arguments sake lets say going into next season with Langan gone and Sharkey and Boels are somewhat comparable who do you start if you're Nunz? It will be Boels because of the extra year of eligibility. It would be hard for Sharkey to displace him especially since coach's don't want to play the QB carousel. 

Like i said i would play the best 11. And it may not be every week the same 11 kids