Does anybody want to hazard a quess as to WHY Florida teams want to play on the road?

ORabidOne

No they want to play on the road because the teams here love competition. It's instilled at a young age. The resources down here are like a third world country for some of these publics so the kids are hungry. They feed off the adversity. 

The coaches get paid piss poor money. The mindset is different. The coaches in Georgia get paid good money and in return they need to provide plenty of home games to justify the pay, and also scheduling as easy as possible helps the coaches retain job security by bragging about wins and losses. 

Plus in South Georgia there is absolutely nothing to do but hunt pigs both literally and figuratively. Lol.  What the hell are you gonna do in Moultrie on a Friday night that you can't do every other day? 

There are North Florida schools who been around 100 years and the people have generations that stick around. A lot have great followings. Niceville had 6,000 people show up 2 weeks ago to a preseason game. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No they want to play on the road because the teams here love competition. It's instilled at a young age. The resources down here are like a third world country for some of these publics so the kids are hungry. They feed off the adversity. 

The coaches get paid piss poor money. The mindset is different. The coaches in Georgia get paid good money and in return they need to provide plenty of home games to justify the pay, and also scheduling as easy as possible helps the coaches retain job security by bragging about wins and losses. 

Plus in South Georgia there is absolutely nothing to do but hunt pigs both literally and figuratively. Lol.  What the hell are you gonna do in Moultrie on a Friday night that you can't do every other day? 

There are North Florida schools who been around 100 years and the people have generations that stick around. A lot have great followings. Niceville had 6,000 people show up 2 weeks ago to a preseason game. 

Deerfield beach is coming to NJ this week. After they beat CC 6-2 im excited to see them play

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Deerfield beach is coming to NJ this week. After they beat CC 6-2 im excited to see them play

Really tough one to call. Could go the same way St Johns/Jones went. 

DFB has a great defense but the offense is lacking. As well as coaching. That's the one Achilles heel for the state as a whole. The lack of investment for head coaches and asst coaches. They are glorified volunteers so you see a lot of turnover. 

You cant just assume DFB has more D1 guys so they should win. I'm giving them a shot with the defense alone, but it could get ugly if they make typical mistakes 

• Like 2

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Really tough one to call. Could go the same way St Johns/Jones went. 

DFB has a great defense but the offense is lacking. As well as coaching. That's the one Achilles heel for the state as a whole. The lack of investment for head coaches and asst coaches. They are glorified volunteers so you see a lot of turnover. 

You cant just assume DFB has more D1 guys so they should win. I'm giving them a shot with the defense alone, but it could get ugly if they make typical mistakes 

I think with DFB having a real game under their belt its a bit of an advantage but traveling a 1000 miles or whatever it is might take away that advantage. I just hope the weather stays the way it has been . Its been upper 70s with no humidity. its been perfect football weather up here. 

Deerfield Beach is flying to Jersey. 

Jones flew to DC. 

These schools have no money and are in cash strapped counties. But they made it happen. They found a way. The desire to challenge their teams with top national competition and expose their kids to different areas of the country were stronger than excuses and pussying out. 

This mindset can be found all over the state. Hell Niceville is driving 9 hours to tangle with Westlake,TX.

Georgia is designed differently and competition takes a back seat to job security and home gates. Not knocking it. Just the way it's set up. No issue. Rush said it best. "No one in the state wants to play us so we have to look out of state." Valdosta is the only team In the entire Central and South Georgia with a set of balls to play Colquitt. You have to go to Atlanta and find those hungry teams that arent pussy. Like Tucker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I think with DFB having a real game under their belt its a bit of an advantage but traveling a 1000 miles or whatever it is might take away that advantage. I just hope the weather stays the way it has been . Its been upper 70s with no humidity. its been perfect football weather up here. 

That would be great. Despite what anyone thinks, it's hard to get used to the 100 percent humidity where it feels like your cooking in a pot of soup. Everyone gets tired and worn out. NFL players get gassed in the heat. 

DFB would love that weather. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That would be great. Despite what anyone thinks, it's hard to get used to the 100 percent humidity where it feels like your cooking in a pot of suit. Everyone gets tired and worn out. NFL players get gassed in the heat. 

DFB would love that weather. 

Right now its supposed to be 74 degrees and sunny on saturday up here 

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

PESOS

Rufus>>

Yeah when you demand money for 150 "varsity" kids, the cheerleaders, the band, the lunch lady and the people at the barbershop. 

That topic has already been discussed. Colquitt lets 150 kids "pay" to be apart of the varsity squad so they can feel like they are apart of the team. Lol. If you come out to practice and pay your football fees your apart of the team!! 

Lol. The ironic thing is the football fees they charge all these kids could pay their way on an historic trip those kids might never get to experience in their lives 

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What happened?

Misunderstanding btw me and a SJC fan who was a very cool guy

Heres the whole story. SJC QB got hit hard so i responded with a loud cheer. At the same time i didnt realize that the SJC QB didnt get up from the hit so here comes this guy from the SJC crowd. The QB is the guys nephew so hes pissed thinking that i was celebrating that his nephew was hurt. That was not the case. I was celebrating the hit. As chatting with the guy he originally was from Brooklyn like myself we had some great laughs and even had a bit to eat at HT. I hope his nephew makes it at the college level. Heck of an athlete

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah when you demand money for 150 "varsity" kids, the cheerleaders, the band, the lunch lady and the people at the barbershop. 

That topic has already been discussed. Colquitt lets 150 kids "pay" to be apart of the varsity squad so they can feel like they are apart of the team. Lol. If you come out to practice and pay your football fees your apart of the team!! 

Lol. The ironic thing is the football fees they charge all these kids could pay their way on an historic trip those kids might never get to experience in their lives 

What football fees? Our players have never paid to participate. Sure a few of their parents may donate to the TD Club, but no player is responsible for any sort of payment to be on the team. That includes meals, uniforms, equipment, daily meals, transortation, hotels, etc.

You are worse than CNN when it comes to speeading fake news.

29 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Misunderstanding btw me and a SJC fan who was a very cool guy

Heres the whole story. SJC QB got hit hard so i responded with a loud cheer. At the same time i didnt realize that the SJC QB didnt get up from the hit so here comes this guy from the SJC crowd. The QB is the guys nephew so hes pissed thinking that i was celebrating that his nephew was hurt. That was not the case. I was celebrating the hit. As chatting with the guy he originally was from Brooklyn like myself we had some great laughs and even had a bit to eat at HT. I hope his nephew makes it at the college level. Heck of an athlete

Damn atleast he heard you out.... 

• Like 1

The rest of the country, except for SBJ, is afraid to travel to Fla. Period.

In Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties, centralized funding makes it very difficult to attract out of state opponents. The powers that be here wrongly assume that there are plenty of teams and enough good teams to keep their schedules filled. Just not the case. If you never leave your county you can't keep up with the times and you aren't exposed to different areas that play a different brand of ball. The few teams that do get to travel occaisionally benefit from it (Plant, Armwood, Jefferson, etc.).

By the way, last year Tampa Jesuit was a really good team. A legit top 100. This year, they have a ton of issues. They lost to a decent but not excellent Durant squad at Jesuit on Friday. Expect them to get "rolled" against their OOS this week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

The rest of the country, except for SBJ, is afraid to travel to Fla. Period.

In Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties, centralized funding makes it very difficult to attract out of state opponents. The powers that be here wrongly assume that there are plenty of teams and enough good teams to keep their schedules filled. Just not the case. If you never leave your county you can't keep up with the times and you aren't exposed to different areas that play a different brand of ball. The few teams that do get to travel occaisionally benefit from it (Plant, Armwood, Jefferson, etc.).

By the way, last year Tampa Jesuit was a really good team. A legit top 100. This year, they have a ton of issues. They lost to a decent but not excellent Durant squad at Jesuit on Friday. Expect them to get "rolled" against their OOS this week. 

False. NJ has traveled to Fl. PC at IMG, DBP at Manate, Bc at Plant. Didnt even Wayne Hills travel to Pahokee. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

As I have told you at least a thousand times...Colquitt does not charge football fees.  They do require blood, sweat and 100% effort.  Print this out so your posts will have a little more validity.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1