The Brothers In Arms Classic Orem (UT) 63 Bakersfield (CA) 28 Final

TheRealCAJ

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Is it really?

Bakersfield was beaten up by 39+ last year by Del Oro and Valencia. Just because they returned 17 starters doesn't mean they're any good.

Just trying to give credit where its due

Orem is Orem, not Bingham, and they probably beat a better CA team (handily) than Colquitt did and the GA contingent still shitting themselves over that one 

looks like Central may be #1 CS team (2-0 with MOV of 100-6) and DLS gets them later 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Orem is Orem, not Bingham, and they probably beat a better CA team (handily) than Colquitt did and the GA contingent still shitting themselves over that one 

looks like Central may be #1 CS team (2-0 with MOV of 100-6) and DLS gets them later 

Ill have you know Ive not shit myself in over 25 years...

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Here's the thing, how much better can a team get with the same team the next season?

If you don't get impact players, you won't be much better(Similar to DLS IMO this year)

A pretty good bit better. Those kids are all older and more experienced and they are all more experienced WITH each other.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Here's the thing, how much better can a team get with the same team the next season?

If you don't get impact players, you won't be much better(Similar to DLS IMO this year)

So DLS is same team as last year?  More or less?

OK, I know you're down on BG and I was a bit on board with your analysis, then had second thoughts after Dematha and they put up a good fight against MD

whats your BG-DLS prognosis?

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

They are 2-0 having beaten Bullard and Sunnyside...

Congrats.

Just now, Pops said:

OK, I know you're down on BG and I was a bit on board with your analysis, then had second thoughts after Dematha and they put up a good fight against MD

More or less upfront yes.

50/50 game.

DLS should be able to push some of those crappy D-lineman off the ball, but BG likes to bring their LB's up and number 10 for BG won't be blocked by a DLS lineman. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pops said:

BG isnt as good as last year... doesnt mean they are bad. But that "it" factor isnt there.

Last year when you watched BG, even if they fell behind or werent winning... you (we) had confidence theyd win eventually. This year that confidence isnt there at all. They are just another team. 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

More or less upfront yes.

50/50 game.

DLS should be able to push some of those crappy D-lineman off the ball, but BG likes to bring their LB's up and number 10 for BG won't be blocked by a DLS lineman. 

Sounds a bit hedged but fair enough