My Favorite Announcer

DevilDog

Here is old Seig Freud bragging about how Cocaine is gonna make him tap Dat ass Good.  Great words play by the Coke Head.  

Freud wrote, ” Woe to you, my princess, when I come. I will kiss you quite red and feed you till you are plump. And if you are forward you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn’t eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body.”

On 5/30/2023 at 12:30 AM, Wildcat Will said:

BB tries to by sly. He wants people to think he rides the fence on most issues. He is deceitful.

I'm posting anonymously on an obscure internet forum. What would be in it for me to work a long con?

Maybe you're just obtuse and petty. 

41 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Feel free to share. I'm not a mind reader. 

Not only are you not a mind reader, it appears you don't use it in an advantageous manner. 

Why would you "work a long con" or even have such a thought? Do you know that due to the very reason you gave, in the question you posed, is exactly the reason you should expect someone to question your motives, according to your disposition on various topics?

On 5/29/2023 at 9:06 PM, Belly Bob said:

What's wrong with the research?

It does not explain somebody slipping and saying a word they never say.  IMO, only people who have used the word enough or thinking about the word enough to where it would slip while talking or reading would make this mistake.  I could be wrong of course but the research did not convince me.  

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:14 PM, World Citizen said:

It does not explain somebody slipping and saying a word they never say.  IMO, only people who have used the word enough or thinking about the word enough to where it would slip while talking or reading would make this mistake.  I could be wrong of course but the research did not convince me.  

You don't have to use a word very many times for it to become part of your vocabulary. Between the ages 20 and 60, people learn a new word every other day on average. And these words become part of one's vocabulary not just by speaking them but also by reading them or hearing them. And I'd wager that most of us encounter the n-word more often than we encounter "negro." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4965448/

Moreover, slips of the tongue are extremely common. The average person makes between 7 and 22 of them per day. And research shows that they're caused by the relationship among the various networks in the brain responsible for language production. The more two words or phrases have in common with respect to these different networks, the more likely it is that a person will slip. And the n-word is about as closely related to "negro" -- semantically, lexically, phonologically, syllabically, etc. -- as it is possible to be. 

Armchair psychology, including psycholinguistics, doesn't always turn out to be true, which is why we need research.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201203/slips-the-tongue

Recent research has focused on speech production, most notably how the brain translates thoughts into words. Cognitive scientist Gary Dell, a professor of linguistics and psychology at the University of Illinois at Urbana, contends that slips of the tongue are indeed revealing—of a person's capacity for using language and its components.

In his view, concepts, words, and sounds are interconnected in three networks in the brain—the semantic, lexical, and phonological—and speech arises from their interaction. But every so often, the networks, which operate through a process he calls "spreading activation," trip over each other. The result is a slip of the tongue.

• 2 months later...

…. Another announcer has been suspended indefinitely.  

Do NOT watch around children!  This is some sick stuff!!! 

I’m kidding.  The Orioles are a clusterfuck organization… and with the season they’re having currently, this makes it even worse.   

😳 WTF?! 

• Like 1