Keep Voting Dem and Wondering Why Things Suck for You

concha

LA County Zero Bail goes into effect this Sunday. 

Offenders will now be “cited and released in the field.”  So if you’re robbed at gunpoint, the thug gets the equivalent of a speeding ticket, and you are told getting your property back is a civil matter, go hire a lawyer. He walks free and you’re screwed.

Yeah this will end well. This is not our country anymore folks. These crazy liberal DA’s have taken over.

5 minutes ago, Warrior said:

LA County Zero Bail goes into effect this Sunday. 

Offenders will now be “cited and released in the field.”  So if you’re robbed at gunpoint, the thug gets the equivalent of a speeding ticket, and you are told getting your property back is a civil matter, go hire a lawyer. He walks free and you’re screwed.

Yeah this will end well. This is not our country anymore folks. These crazy liberal DA’s have taken over.

Is that seriously how it's happening? You've got to be kidding.

8 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Democrat Washington, D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson who claimed in March that, "There's no crime crisis in D.C," was carjacked at gunpoint last night.

Karma is a bitch.

Fuck you, Phil.  Care to share your thoughts with the class?

• Like 1

Bidenomics downgrade as the Bureau of Economic Analysis revises down the last 3 years of economic data.

Turns out inflation was higher. Growth and income was weaker. And federal spending is now replacing the consumer.

Gems include $1.1 trillion in vanished savings, a 9-sigma revision down in consumer spending, and higher peak inflation. 

Finally, it turns out long after the fact — and long after the election — growth under Trump was higher. And growth under Biden is even lower.

Pay attention to the fact that GDP includes government spending. It seems obvious because that's part of the calculation. But most people aren't aware of that. GDP is a Keynesian statistic created on the assumption that government spending is part of the good of an economy. I reject that idea. It may be useful to know how much redistribution is taking place. But that doesn't mean it’s good or useful in an economy.

I say government spending should be reduced from GDP equation. 

On 9/4/2023 at 9:16 AM, concha said:

It's about control.

It's about keeping people down, lying to them and making them shame one another to keep the votes coming.

The fucking hypocrisy and dishonesty of this evil bitch are just breathtaking.

Chicago Teachers Union President Opposes School Choice, Except for Her Child

Stacy Davis-Gates is President of the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) and a prominent opponent of school choice.

Except, of course, for her own child.

Public schools are failing Illinois students miserably. While teachers push Critical Race Theory and the sexualization of children in schools, academic rigor continues to slip lower and lower.

The Illinois State Board of Education’s report card is dreadful.

In 30 schools in Illinois, not a single student can read at grade level, 22 of which are in the City of Chicago.

In 53 schools, not a single student can do math at grade level, 33 of which are in  Chicago.

But for parents hoping that school choice is an option, Davis-Gates and CTU led the charge to kill Illinois’ Invest in Kids Act.

According to the Illinois State Board of Education, “Public Act 100-465 established the Illinois Invest in Kids Act. The Act includes a five-year tax credit scholarship program for eligible students who attend qualified nonpublic schools in Illinois.” The Act has served as the state’s sole school choice option since 2017.

According to the CTU,  “It must be ‘game over’” for the program.”

Public funds should be for public schools that serve all children.
It must be “game over” for IL’s voucher program; the Invest in Kids Act must sunset as intended by the IL General Assembly after this school year!

JOIN THE MOVEMENT! https://t.co/BFdvr8nkPs

— Chicago Teachers Union (@CTULocal1) May 16, 2023

SubX News reports, however,  that Davis-Gates does support public education alternatives for some children: her own. One of her children attends a private Catholic high school in Chicago.

WirePoints reports on what Davis-Gates has said about families in need who want to provide the same opportunities for their children:

I’m also a mother, my children go to the Chicago public school, she said in a webinar. “These are things that help to legitimize my space within the coalition but also helps to amplify my voice as a leader in labor because a white dude whose kids go to school in the suburbs can’t really have that same voice in the same way.”

When asked in an interview if she had concerns about school-choice and privatization supporters running for the school board, she said, “Yes, we are concerned about the encroachment of fascists in Chicago. We are concerned about the marginalization of public education through the eyes of those who’ve never intended for Black people to be educated. So we’re going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that type of fascism and racism does not exist on our Board of Education.”

Davis-Gates’ hypocrisy is on full display on X.

F5BUf95XwAAm8Ib-430x600.jpg Screenshot: @stacydavisgates/Twitter F5BUfo9WAAAf-8M-600x402.jpg Screenshot: @stacydavisgates/Twitter F5BUfbMWUAA5e4a-548x600.jpg Screenshot: @stacydavisgates/Twitter F5BUf0NWoAAzOAF-1-600x337.jpg Screenshot: @stacydavisgates/Twitter

From 2013: “Chicago Public School Teachers: 39% enroll their own children in private schools, more than three times the national average.” pic.twitter.com/oeGVWpgEB0

— Corey A. DeAngelis, school choice evangelist (@DeAngelisCorey) September 3, 2023

If this is what you call life sucking, then I will continue to vote Dem for the rest of my life.  I love my life.  My career, my family, my town/neighborhood are as great as one could ever expect.  I LOVE MI VIDA LOCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Carry on with spending your entire life hating and having Dems permanently living in your dome 24/7.  As for me? Love thy neighbor and treat others as you would want to be treated.  Living my life with little to no hate in my heart and happy as heck every single day.  Deuces

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

If this is what you call life sucking, then I will continue to vote Dem for the rest of my life.  I love my life.  My career, my family, my town/neighborhood are as great as one could ever expect.  I LOVE MI VIDA LOCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Carry on with spending your entire life hating and having Dems permanently living in your dome 24/7.  As for me? Love thy neighbor and treat others as you would want to be treated.  Living my life with little to no hate in my heart and happy as heck every single day.  Deuces

Hombre, que?

You are happy about a woman who runs schools that miserably fail black and brown kids sending her kids elsewhere to avoid her failure? En serio?

I'm happy you love your life, your community, your family... asi deberia ser la vida...

Treat others as you would want to be treated?  I agree. And that's interesting given that this woman wants the poor brown and black kids kids of OTHER people to be forced to accept one thing (that she runs!) while HER kids go loco OPTING OUT of the same schools?

Piensalo bien...

Paz...