Keep Voting Dem and Wondering Why Things Suck for You

concha

6 minutes ago, Warrior said:

1st time offender you said, but only when it apples to something you’re in favor of….you’re a pos hypocrite 

How can you say one way or the other when I’ve never once given my opinion on that? You can’t, but that doesn’t stop you from stating things as fact that you can’t possibly know.

Of course I don’t think the people who walked through should be sentenced to 20 years like the planners. They also shouldn’t be sentenced to 3 years like people who just walked through but were on probation. That’s why they weren’t.

So two things —

1. You’re wrong again.

2. You need to see a therapist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

How can you say one way or the other when I’ve never once given my opinion on that? You can’t, but that doesn’t stop you from stating things as fact that you can’t possibly know.

Of course I don’t think the people who walked through should be sentenced to 20 years like the planners. They also shouldn’t be sentenced to 3 years like people who just walked through but were on probation. That’s why they weren’t.

So two things —

1. You’re wrong again.

Sure you did idiot…your words hypocrite

Where the fuck were you standing up for the Jan 6th 1st offenders Over Sentenced? No where pos

He literally said that he’d hold them accountable. He used those exact words. He’s saying first-time offenders will be dealt with more leniently and repeat offenders more harshly. No fucking shit. That’s the American justice system… we have minimum and maximum sentences.

11 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I didn’t read anything really fucking stupid about that, so I didn’t have anything to comment on. Obviously that’s not the case with you here.

What you’ve proved is you, like these DA’s and and our current DOJ apply the law as you deem fit. 

Ukraine discussion from mid July that I just stumbled upon in reading a newer tweet from this guy (maga fan states colleges teaching woke, because all Biden supporters went to college).  

@Slotback Right thoughts?  
I thought the interviewee would mention a $ figure, but mentioned tax dollars used.   His point was made.  

But like an analyst disclosing he also owns the stock… I have to disclose that Poland means a lot to me.  I mean a lot.  

Who knows what Putin’s goal is ultimately.  Maybe he wants the USSR back.  But Poland can’t take that risk, nor can its allies.  

https://x.com/adammocklerr/status/1681687357165117442?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Ukraine discussion from mid July that I just stumbled upon in reading a newer tweet from this guy (maga fan states colleges teaching woke, because all Biden supporters went to college).  

@Slotback Right thoughts?  
I thought the interviewee would mention a $ figure, but mentioned tax dollars used.   His point was made.  

But like an analyst disclosing he also owns the stock… I have to disclose that Poland means a lot to me.  I mean a lot.  

Who knows what Putin’s goal is ultimately.  Maybe he wants the USSR back.  But Poland can’t take that risk, nor can its allies.  

https://x.com/adammocklerr/status/1681687357165117442?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

I think this will lead to a discussion which will require more work than I am willing to put in to it. However, I am willing to give my thoughts on the subject, and leave it at that. Not planning to do any research or provide links to prove anything. But with that in mind, here are my thoughts.

Putin is not someone I would trust very far at all. I believe he was behind poisoning his political rivals in more than one country, for example. I'm sure he also has had a hand in how his rivals have been skydiving without parachutes at home in Russia. Then there was the plane that was forced to land at a location where Putin could arrest one of his political enemies.

I have been really disappointed that Obama did nothing to prevent Putin from seizing the Crimean Peninsula in 2014.

Having said that, I'm not as upset about some of his more recent land grabs, for two reasons. First, because at least some of those provinces are heavily pro-Russian. (I haven't heard the same thing about Crimea). Their side claims those people were being mistreated by Kyiv. The second reason relates to the fact that we were threatening to put NATO right on Russia's doorstep, even more than we had already done. 

As to Adam Mockler's video, the words naive and inaccurate come to mind. First, he states that Russia is our biggest enemy. That hasn't been the case for more than three decades. It's China now. Look at all the trouble they are having with Ukraine. Russia has more nukes than any other country in the world. But they are basically useless against the USA because you can't use them without both nations being destroyed (mutually assured destruction doctrine). Sure tactical nukes are a possibility, but not without a strong conventional army, which they don't have anymore (as they are now demonstrating), and they probably haven't had one since the Soviet Union went bankrupt. A weak army with tactical nukes will not beat a strong army which also has tactical nukes.

Mockler also states that we have a responsibility to stop one nation from invading its neighbor "in any way we can." Bullshit! Sometimes (perhaps if it's in our interest) a case can be made for sticking our nose into local conflicts, but not always. 

He also tries to paint Ukraine as being much less corrupt than Russia. I'm not sure I can agree with that. Ukraine and Nazi are two words that are often used together, as the Canadian parliament recently demonstrated. Also, I've seen where Zelensky has outlawed and raided Russian Orthodox Churches. And, there have been reports of US/Ukrainian bioweapons labs. I personally don't believe that but...who knows? And I like Putin's (and Russia's) attitude towards LGBTwhatever nonsense like transgenders, and his criticism of the persecution of a former US President sits well with me. 

I am also pissed about the Ukraine not coming clean about Biden's quid pro quo that was central to the 2nd impeachment bullshit against President Trump.

I am of the opinion that Biden is using aid to Ukraine as a way to launder money received by the Biden Crime family from China, Russia, and Ukraine. I might be wrong about that but...who knows? 

Mockler also opines that the amount of aid to Ukraine for this war is "a small portion of our GDP." I don't know about that, but it's over $75 billion so far. That seems like a huge amount of money to me, but he doesn't seem to think so, and it's not just the money, but it's seriously depleting our military stockpiles. Furthermore that money could be used in our own country for a lot of things Americans need.

So there you have it. My views on the Ukraine/Russia conflict. I'll close by saying that if I were negotiating a peace between these two countries, I would say that Russia needs to return the Crimean peninsula to Ukraine, and self-determination elections should be held to allow the eastern provinces to decide if they want to join Russia or stay Ukrainian.

P.S. As a member of NATO, I think Poland is safe.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I think this will lead to a discussion which will require more work than I am willing to put in to it. However, I am willing to give my thoughts on the subject, and leave it at that. Not planning to do any research or provide links to prove anything. But with that in mind, here are my thoughts.

Putin is not someone I would trust very far at all. I believe he was behind poisoning his political rivals in more than one country, for example. I'm sure he also has had a hand in how his rivals have been skydiving without parachutes at home in Russia. Then there was the plane that was forced to land at a location where Putin could arrest one of his political enemies.

I have been really disappointed that Obama did nothing to prevent Putin from seizing the Crimean Peninsula in 2014.

Having said that, I'm not as upset about some of his more recent land grabs, for two reasons. First, because at least some of those provinces are heavily pro-Russian. (I haven't heard the same thing about Crimea). Their side claims those people were being mistreated by Kyiv. The second reason relates to the fact that we were threatening to put NATO right on Russia's doorstep, even more than we had already done. 

As to Adam Mockler's video, the words naive and inaccurate come to mind. First, he states that Russia is our biggest enemy. That hasn't been the case for more than three decades. It's China now. Look at all the trouble they are having with Ukraine. Russia has more nukes than any other country in the world. But they are basically useless against the USA because you can't use them without both nations being destroyed (mutually assured destruction doctrine). Sure tactical nukes are a possibility, but not without a strong conventional army, which they don't have anymore (as they are now demonstrating), and they probably haven't had one since the Soviet Union went bankrupt. A weak army with tactical nukes will not beat a strong army which also has tactical nukes.

Mockler also states that we have a responsibility to stop one nation from invading its neighbor "in any way we can." Bullshit! Sometimes (perhaps if it's in our interest) a case can be made for sticking our nose into local conflicts, but not always. 

He also tries to paint Ukraine as being much less corrupt than Russia. I'm not sure I can agree with that. Ukraine and Nazi are two words that are often used together, as the Canadian parliament recently demonstrated. Also, I've seen where Zelensky has outlawed and raided Russian Orthodox Churches. And, there have been reports of US/Ukrainian bioweapons labs. I personally don't believe that but...who knows? And I like Putin's (and Russia's) attitude towards LGBTwhatever nonsense like transgenders, and his criticism of the persecution of a former US President sits well with me. 

I am also pissed about the Ukraine not coming clean about Biden's quid pro quo that was central to the 2nd impeachment bullshit against President Trump.

I am of the opinion that Biden is using aid to Ukraine as a way to launder money received by the Biden Crime family from China, Russia, and Ukraine. I might be wrong about that but...who knows? 

Mockler also opines that the amount of aid to Ukraine for this war is "a small portion of our GDP." I don't know about that, but it's over $75 billion so far. That seems like a huge amount of money to me, but he doesn't seem to think so, and it's not just the money, but it's seriously depleting our military stockpiles. Furthermore that money could be used in our own country for a lot of things Americans need.

So there you have it. My views on the Ukraine/Russia conflict. I'll close by saying that if I were negotiating a peace between these two countries, I would say that Russia needs to return the Crimean peninsula to Ukraine, and self-determination elections should be held to allow the eastern provinces to decide if they want to join Russia or stay Ukrainian.

P.S. As a member of NATO, I think Poland is safe.

Enjoyed the read and agree with some your mentions, like the catch of Russia vs China and also, I’m not sure Russia is hampered for decades.  I think the interviewer exaggerated a bit.  They still make a bleep load of money and aren’t fully disconnected from society. 

Re: Poland, currently a ruling party to the right is seeking a 3rd term (Dudek) and it may be very close this time.  

I believe Election Day is the 15th.  
Mark your calendar.  It could get very messy internally in the days after.  

The first article I read this am… Poland hasn’t always played nice with its neighbors in recent years.  This is no big whoop, but just an example of a common theme.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-election-turns-germany-into-punchbag-straining-western-alliance-2023-10-05/

If it ever goes deeper with others chiming in, I can get my father in law to chime in.  He’s an avid follower of politics from a historical and current perspective.  Like many born at the time, my FIL was born in Poland, which is now part of Ukraine.  There is a bond.   

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/02/1201688645/poland-belarus-migrants-border-wall-polish-election

Last article, an fyi about a border wall and Poland’s friction with another neighbor.  

14 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

So two things —

1. You’re wrong again.

Like death and taxes.  100% truth

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warrior said:

And she said then she said and so on and so on….you’re better than the Golf.

Que? 

I noticed The NY Times picked it up also before I passed out after chatting with my daughter early this am.  News outlets are all over it.  Sorry, that’s news.  

But it’s down the list. I’m assuming the bombshells mention might refer to this and/or more to come.  

IMG_6309.jpeg

IMG_6310.jpeg

23 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Enjoyed the read and agree with some your mentions, like the catch of Russia vs China and also, I’m not sure Russia is hampered for decades.  I think the interviewer exaggerated a bit.  They still make a bleep load of money and aren’t fully disconnected from society. 

Re: Poland, currently a ruling party to the right is seeking a 3rd term (Dudek) and it may be very close this time.  

I believe Election Day is the 15th.  
Mark your calendar.  It could get very messy internally in the days after.  

The first article I read this am… Poland hasn’t always played nice with its neighbors in recent years.  This is no big whoop, but just an example of a common theme.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-election-turns-germany-into-punchbag-straining-western-alliance-2023-10-05/

If it ever goes deeper with others chiming in, I can get my father in law to chime in.  He’s an avid follower of politics from a historical and current perspective.  Like many born at the time, my FIL was born in Poland, which is now part of Ukraine.  There is a bond.   

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/02/1201688645/poland-belarus-migrants-border-wall-polish-election

Last article, an fyi about a border wall and Poland’s friction with another neighbor.  

Interesting stuff, Golfaddict, I learned a lot. I definitely will be watching for the results election day (15th). Thanks for that, and now that the light is coming in the south windows, this vampire is going to bed.  🙃 Later.

• Like 1