STA 37 Cocoa 36 F

RedZone

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

STA looked like dog shit against sjb, ca.

They are one of the worst coached and conditioned teams in the nation.

Got lots of players though.

I feel like its been that way for a long time - probably ever since Smith left.  It stood out right away when they lost to the Bosco teams.- Smith STA teams would have handled Bosco easily.  Have to say this reduces the value of SJB's win over them - I thought both STA and SJB didnt loon good in that game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

I feel like its been that way for a long time - probably ever since Smith left.  It stood out right away when they lost to the Bosco teams.- Smith STA teams would have handled Bosco easily.  Have to say this reduces the value of SJB's win over them - I thought both STA and SJB didnt loon good in that game

I meant Don Bosco years back lol.  

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

STA looked like dog shit against sjb, ca.

They are one of the worst coached and conditioned teams in the nation.

Got lots of players though.

Conditioning isn't an issue.  Just a lot of young guys in new spots.   Mainly QB.  

They're not as strong on the LOS as they have been either.   

2 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

They turned a corner on offense with some decent QB play, but never anything spectacular as it was under smith.    Last few QBs could run at least which opened up more options.      

Just now, 954gator said:

They turned a corner on offense with some decent QB play, but never anything spectacular as it was under smith.    Last few QBs could run at least which opened up more options.      

Yea those Smith teams had it all.  The 09 was the most talented team Ive ever seen play. I think the entire offense ended up starting in the NFL lol its insane when you look at how many players on that offense made pro.  Maybe nothing like it again 

• dntn31 changed the title to STA 37 Cocoa 36 F
9 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea those Smith teams had it all.  The 09 was the most talented team Ive ever seen play. I think the entire offense ended up starting in the NFL lol its insane when you look at how many players on that offense made pro.  Maybe nothing like it again 

Those teams were loaded, but even then it wasn't all the top kids in the state or even county (at the time mind you).   Now these factories are taking it to a different level.   STA is usually loaded bc they are a top fb school in a hotbed, yeah they'll get a bunch of guys from Dillard/Stranahan/local publics etc but   SJB, MD, and IMG taking stuff to a different level lately though, I can't deny that.   

Cali's best teams used to be more about great coaching and QB play.   Now they bringing in the best guys in the state.   They have the talent to match the impressive coaching/offense.       Oh and most importantly they got that Polynesian power on the lines!   Those dudes are just built different!   

• Like 1

• dntn31 changed the title to STA 37 Cocoa 36 F