St. Eds 34 @ Naperville Central 24 Final

Bones

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

2-3? At best they are 5. 

Or they atleast gotta beat some of the better IL teams ...

You may call them 2-3, but I bet if they played 5 or 6 different IL teams you wouldnt picked NC to win if it mattered.

That's what some expert pollsters called them 

since you never reply back

your point is what?

It's not that pollsters and fans in IL dont know the state, it's that it's tough to predict. In my IL thread I dropped NC down to 6 because they nearly lost to a team struggling to make the playoffs and then had a tight one with a team that's 0-6. That's just the landscape in IL. Could NC win 8A? Yeah, depends on the path in their bracket. Could they lose in the 1st rd? Yeah. I also said that no matter what happened here I would consider it a quality win for Eds if they did. 

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You noticed I bumped Colerain up to the next tier.  I believe in redemption

Ohio is hard. X & Iggy barely beat Elder........Eds beat Elder by 400. 

Colerain dominated X for 3.5 quarters then X comes back at the end to force OT and eeks out an OT win...... people rank X in top 15-20, and Colerain nowhere to be found in most top 50s.

Not sure where is correct for X and Colerain, but there isnt much difference.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Ohio is hard. X & Iggy barely beat Elder........Eds beat Elder by 400. 

Colerain dominated X for 3.5 quarters then X comes back at the end to force OT and eeks out an OT win...... people rank X in top 15-20, and Colerain nowhere to be found in most top 50s.

Not sure where is correct for X and Colerain, but there isnt much difference.

Huge difference.

X has Jesus.

17 hours ago, Bones said:

It's not that pollsters and fans in IL dont know the state, it's that it's tough to predict. In my IL thread I dropped NC down to 6 because they nearly lost to a team struggling to make the playoffs and then had a tight one with a team that's 0-6. That's just the landscape in IL. Could NC win 8A? Yeah, depends on the path in their bracket. Could they lose in the 1st rd? Yeah. I also said that no matter what happened here I would consider it a quality win for Eds if they did. 

I think both teams can come away feeling good. NC went toe-to-toe with a one of Ohio's best, and Ed's was able secure a comeback victory after a long out of state road trip (the first this group has had to make). Not the best performance by Ed's, but I credit NC. They were very well coached, run a good offense (very similar to Ed's actually), and while they couldn't match the size of Ed's, they were very quick and played fundamentally sound. Jayden Reed was the real deal and probably the best player on the field. I'm surprised the Ed's staff didn't make more of a defensive adjustment to take away the slants over the middle. They seemed content to give them everything underneath, but Reed made them pay with his ability after the catch taking two 70+ to the house. I think this NC team is very comparable to a program like Mentor here in Northeast Ohio. 

• Thanks 1