Michigan and Penn State are both overrated!

RedZone

My flight to EWR didn’t have a screen.  It arrived early and then I enjoyed an extra long walk freezing my SoFL tail off to the rental car new location.   @15yds4gibberish thx for the info again.  👍🏻

By the time I picked up a friend, drove by my old house and reached a bar in town, Michigan had gotten the safety and game was over.   Not a blowout and not a clue what happened beyond a safety late. 

Watched a little football late and F1 in Vegas very late.   Hope to catch some NFL later games and read up about all the HSFB I missed this past weekend. 

Any upsets in CFB or HSFB?  Thx

53 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

My flight to EWR didn’t have a screen.  It arrived early and then I enjoyed an extra long walk freezing my SoFL tail off to the rental car new location.   @15yds4gibberish thx for the info again.  👍🏻

LOL about that rental car walk.  I enjoyed it, but only because I had enough time and the morning was perfect.  Even under idyllic conditions, some folks not looking too happy.  Can't imagine what it's going to be like in rain or snow...I suspect I may have to go back in Dec and/or Jan.  If that happens, it will be Philly for me (which has the added bonus of being a bit farther south AND they know how to remove snow there).  Hope you had a good trip.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Pretty sure USC fans are upset...but I'm okay with that too.  Besides, USC is like the undead, they always come back.  So we Bruins have to savor the ones we get, and we can forever say we won the last one in the Pac 12.

😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

By the time I picked up a friend, drove by my old house and reached a bar in town, Michigan had gotten the safety and game was over.   Not a blowout and not a clue what happened beyond a safety late. 

Watched a little football late and F1 in Vegas very late.   Hope to catch some NFL later games and read up about all the HSFB I missed this past weekend. 

Most notable thing out here happened at the marching band competition I went to yesterday; the second-place Division 4 band scored a 69.

nice-south-park.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Open bracket went chalk. Centennial game wasn't pretty but by the time it was all said and done ended up with a three touchdown cushion.

I see Basha is next.  

Did a peel the onion look on CalPreps and Centennial matches up fine imo.

Trying to be neutral, I see no reason why your squad won’t move on.  👍🏻  

3 TD cushion perhaps not, but +1 minimum I like.   

On 11/20/2023 at 6:34 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I see Basha is next.  

Did a peel the onion look on CalPreps and Centennial matches up fine imo.

Trying to be neutral, I see no reason why your squad won’t move on.  👍🏻  

3 TD cushion perhaps not, but +1 minimum I like.   

Sweet W Centennial 👍🏻  @Wooderson  saw your score breakdown and looks like they led throughout.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sweet W Centennial 👍🏻  @Wooderson  saw your score breakdown and looks like they led throughout.   

First half was another battle in the eternal war between overpowering offense and domineering defense, with the defense getting the nod. Second half saw Basha's offense come to life but Centennial D did what they've done so well for 20 years - let the onus be less on completely stymieing an offense and rest on taking away the giant chunk play that can wipe out a multi-score lead so fast. When Basha scored to open the second half I told one of my fellow degenerates that unless our offense completely disappeared one more touchdown would be enough to hold the defending champs at bay since they were needing 3-4 minutes to score. Centennial would put up two more touchdowns, but after Basha's final extra point was blocked my assessment was technically true.

Coyote offense was as effective incorporating Kenny Worthy into the offense as they have all year, and a repeat of that will be paramount for them to have any shot at Liberty. In a completely healthy state this squad hasn't had a running back on par with the beasts of the past, and with RB1 & RB2 out for the year they've been piecing things together the past three weeks. Liberty has earned the right to be a heavy favorite next week but the components are there for title #8 @ Centennial if a few things can fall into place.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

First half was another battle in the eternal war between overpowering offense and domineering defense, with the defense getting the nod. Second half saw Basha's offense come to life but Centennial D did what they've done so well for 20 years - let the onus be less on completely stymieing an offense and rest on taking away the giant chunk play that can wipe out a multi-score lead so fast. When Basha scored to open the second half I told one of my fellow degenerates that unless our offense completely disappeared one more touchdown would be enough to hold the defending champs at bay since they were needing 3-4 minutes to score. Centennial would put up two more touchdowns, but after Basha's final extra point was blocked my assessment was technically true.

Coyote offense was as effective incorporating Kenny Worthy into the offense as they have all year, and a repeat of that will be paramount for them to have any shot at Liberty. In a completely healthy state this squad hasn't had a running back on par with the beasts of the past, and with RB1 & RB2 out for the year they've been piecing things together the past three weeks. Liberty has earned the right to be a heavy favorite next week but the components are there for title #8 @ Centennial if a few things can fall into place.

As always, enjoyed the read.

Not gunna peel the onion on the Open final until Monday afternoon like last week’s prediction, before CP adds their prediction.   I may not like what I see though.  

STA had zippo big chunk play vs your squad and their running game was neutralized.  

Two games vs DBP, I can only think of one long TD play (Bruce).  Game one a nice scramble by O’Korn (he got hurt on and missed following week) and 1 Scarlett run in game 2 were good gainers.  That’s basically it.  

I’m old school… well coached and effective D can beat higher ranked/rated teams in all levels of football. 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:53 PM, golfaddict1 said:

@Wooderson 

Barring any key injuries that tilt to one side, I’m thinking 7-8 point differential in favor of Liberty. 

I’m anticipating a closer game 2, but also similarities from game 1 Liberty O may apply again.  Hope I’m wrong.

I think this is fair. I've said in the past that I think man for man Liberty has the best team in the state but Centennial's two D1 seniors are better than anyone on the Lions' roster, and I still think that's true. If Centennial is able to get Carter and Worthy involved on offense it will go a long way towards leveling the playing field (they were successful in involving Carter in the first game but not Worthy). Defensively I don't want anyone but Worthy on Liberty's #1 receiver (he busted two 70-yard+ touchdowns in round one with a different defensive back on him). If Liberty gets 3+ long-distance scoring plays like they did in the first matchup it's going to be a tough go for the Coyotes.

• Like 1