Miami Carol City (Fla.) vs. Miami Northwestern (Fla.) ESPN2 7pm

TheRealCAJ

It was a lot cleaner game than the last time I saw MNW on ESPN. xD

That game a couple years ago may have set records on length and flags.

There was much talent on the field though last night. Both defenses were fast and aggressive. Offensively, neither could block much especially Carol City who had every chance in the world to score 30 or more.

Rumor has it Miami Carol City will war with John Curtis at the BOB in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

There was much talent on the field though last night. Both defenses were fast and aggressive. Offensively, neither could block much especially Carol City who had every chance in the world to score 30 or more.

Miami Northwestern looked a bit improved with penalties, but that punting game is rough.    

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Will be interesting.   

In other news Chaminade beat BTW.   BTW's qb went out early apparently.   BTW may actually miss the playoffs!  (which is kinda dumb IMO)

Yeah. With Cocoa being the only other talented team in 4A, they now get a gifted state championship.

Coach ICE either did not study the new rules thoroughly; was unable to schedule less talented teams; or, overestimated BTW's strength this year. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Yeah. With Cocoa being the only other talented team in 4A, they now get a gifted state championship.

Coach ICE either did not study the new rules thoroughly; was unable to schedule less talented teams; or, overestimated BTW's strength this year. 

The new rules are going to stop some of the good in state games from happening. 

16 minutes ago, 954gator said:

The new rules are going to stop some of the good in state games from happening. 

Yes, but it cuts both ways. It will also keep some mediocre teams out of the playoffs. If it is to work, some adjustments will need to be made. For me the jury is out. It will take two or three years before I decide where I stand on these changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Don't know if it really gifted. BTW couldn't beat Cocoa last year , with BTW obviously down from last yr. and Cocoa up a little, outcome was logically favoring Cocoa in a rematch. Injuries are part of the game and played a part in past match-ups  between these two powers. Having smaller rosters leads to bigger consequences from injuries. If QB is out for play-offs then biggest shock in FL will be Cocoa not winning state.

22 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Don't know if it really gifted. BTW couldn't beat Cocoa last year , with BTW obviously down from last yr. and Cocoa up a little, outcome was logically favoring Cocoa in a rematch. Injuries are part of the game and played a part in past match-ups  between these two powers. Having smaller rosters leads to bigger consequences from injuries. If QB is out for play-offs then biggest shock in FL will be Cocoa not winning state.

Cocoa could have just have easily lost last year's game against BTW. Yes, BTW is down a little. But I am not sure Cocoa is really better this year from last. From what I have seen they are about the same. 

So while I agree Cocoa would be the favorite against BTW this year, I believe BTW would have still given them a very good game. As things stand now, Cocoa probably walks through the playoffs!

Had a Jones or Bolles stayed in 4A, or had Trinity Christian moved into 4A instead of 5A, then at least the playoffs would be a bit interesting.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Cocoa could have just have easily lost last year's game against BTW. Yes, BTW is down a little. But I am not sure Cocoa is really better this year from last. From what I have seen they are about the same. 

So while I agree Cocoa would be the favorite against BTW this year, I believe BTW would have still given them a very good game. As things stand now, Cocoa probably walks through the playoffs!

Had a Jones or Bolles stayed in 4A, or had Trinity Christian moved into 4A instead of 5A, then at least the playoffs would be a bit interesting.

BTW is down from last year, but they were a dropped wide open TD catch away from a forcing MC to score a TD with around a min or little less left.    Rivals find a way to make games crazy interesting and that game was no exception.     Columbus is no joke this year and looks pretty good in a wide open 8A right now... losing to them in a tight one isn't that much of an upset if at all.   Similar to last night's game, BTW lost to MNW in a 14-7 D slugfest.   Losing to Chaminade Madonna is the weak link, but BTW's QB Richardson went down early in the game and that's basically the end of their offense.   That put too much pressure on their D, but CM's RB burner Shivers lit them up pretty good.   BTW is down, but if Richardson is healthy and available for the playoffs, still a tough out.  

As for Cocoa, they beat Viera.   For 2017, that's a nice W.   Hopefully BTW makes the playoffs (not sure how many points they get for a CM loss and if that propels them up or not... Josh Wilson's forecast this week didn't have BTW in the dance).  

5 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Heard CC was coming up with 2 other Florida teams. Chaminade was named as well. 

Will look more into it 

22 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Florida HS football will never change. Offense continues to be optional down in the Sunshine State. Sure you have a few exceptions, but those teams have horrible defenses it seems. Has their been a complete team in FL since MNC BTW?

All the Florida teams put their best players on defense  and try to win the game 3-0 😂

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Did not realize until last week that Bolles had moved out of 4A. Very disappointed for the end game in match-ups. Let us see if BTW misses the play-offs, but you are right about lack of interest if they are out.

• Like 1