Dj Uiagalelei enters transfer portal

Ga96

You know, I'm bummed that tomorrow is the last Pac 12 game. One program I feel for is Oregon State.  They've spent the last 6 years building into a pretty decent program, and now with the conference breaking up, OSU has no place to go (neither does the other '2Pac' school WSU).  It isn't clear who and where they might play next season.

Who knows, that might be the reason DJ's going back into the portal.  Whatever the reason, he was doing better at OSU, and it doesn't seem like it will help his development for him to transfer again...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

You know, I'm bummed that tomorrow is the last Pac 12 game. One program I feel for is Oregon State.  They've spent the last 6 years building into a pretty decent program, and now with the conference breaking up, OSU has no place to go (neither does the other '2Pac' school WSU).  It isn't clear who and where they might play next season.

Who knows, that might be the reason DJ's going back into the portal.  Whatever the reason, he was doing better at OSU, and it doesn't seem like it will help his development for him to transfer again...

Word on the street is the MWC is negotiating a merger with a few other western teams to bump up into Pac-12 status... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

coach left for Michigan State. He’ll probably be right behind them.

Good point, I forgot about the Smith angle.  I was kinda thinking Dante Moore might go to MSU because he's from Detroit.  Obviously I'm speculating wildly, but Smith could have a high class problem headed his way: Get the guy he knows but only has a year left (DJ), or develop the 5 star with more remaining eligibility (Moore)...

Edited to add:  I'm not really sure what to make of Moore.  He shows talent, but once the Bruins started playing better opponents, he looked like a true freshman, throwing a pick six in 3 consecutive games...