South GA Posters its time.

TheMaximumHornetSting

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I just looked it shows Tifton HS in it starting in 1914. All the way through 1949 then They got moved to another Region and came back to Region 1 the same year Lowndes opened... 

So I did miss a few things. 

WELL, I graduated in 1966,(the first year of integration at ole Moultrie Hi) And Tift was NOT in the region at that time! I believe Lowndes opened just after the Tet Offensive! But I wasn't in SOWEGA to see the ribbon cutting ceremony!

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I left out 1 team:

Coffee    

THE COFFEE TROJANS

An arrogant program But damn if they can't back up that arrogance....  One of the Semi-Original despite only being 1 hour Northeast of Tift they where originally grouped in with the Coastal GA teams:

Camden 

Brunswick 

Glynn Academy. 

Coffee was the first team to break away from the coastal grouping.  They joined Region 1 in the late 60's when Lowndes first opened.

NOT EXACTLY! I remember when Pulpwood Smith was carrying the rock for the Coffee Co. Comets! They played Valdosta in a STATE playoff game at Jardine Stadium in Douglas, in 1981! And at that time, only one team per region made the playoffs!

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Warner Robins is a damn fine program. And Houston County is currently the 2nd fastest growing County in GA and  8th in the nation. I expect that to fully effect them. 

I say Consolidate Houston and Northside. 

Keep WR seperate... 

Except that the Warner Robins district is BETWEEN Northside and HOCO! And don't forget to factor in Perry and Veterans!

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Except that the Warner Robins district is BETWEEN Northside and HOCO! And don't forget to factor in Perry and Veterans!

Perry can stay where they are. Veterans is all the way in Kathleen, so they can stay put, too. 

I'll gladly accept Coach Campbell and a few of his athletes tho. 

Speaking of Peach County, I communicate with a few of their ex players and they told me that they wanted to play colquitt......BAD. Colquitt vs Peach County sounds like an interesting game tbh. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Perry can stay where they are. Veterans is all the way in Kathleen, so they can stay put, too. 

I'll gladly accept Coach Campbell and a few of his athletes tho. 

Speaking of Peach County, I communicate with a few of their ex players and they told me that they wanted to play colquitt......BAD. Colquitt vs Peach County sounds like an interesting game tbh. 

Isn't their another school opening in Warner Robins soon?

11 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Warner Robins is a damn fine program. And Houston County is currently the 2nd fastest growing County in GA and  8th in the nation. I expect that to fully effect them. 

I say Consolidate Houston and Northside. 

Keep WR seperate... 

Take a guess who will be showing them and lil Fromm, their shortcomings in 2018?:)

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I dont even know why Veterans was opened. 

I can understand Perry being their as its a entirely seperate community....

I don't know why HOCO was opened! They only have 120,000 people in the county! 120,000 divided by THREE is 40,000 I believe! And Colquitt draws from 46,000!

REGION 1 VS OOS TEAMS: 

Region 1 has played a sleuth of OOS some where relevent back in the day. Some defunct and sime are familiar names you all may recognize. 

TN: 

Valdosta vs Montgomery Bell Academy Valdosta won a National title Bowl game 34-0 over MBA. 

Warner Robins 2-0 vs Baylor. 

MA: 

@Adam Kurkjian 

Valdosta 26 Springfield 0 

PA: 

Valdosta 2-0 vs Glenn Mills 

FL: Long list... 

Camden:

1-0 vs Miami Central 

0-1 vs STA

1-0 Vs First Coast  

1-0 vs Columbia 

1-0 vs Baker County 

4-0 vs Bishop Kenny

4-7 vs Fernandina Beach HS 

1-0 vs Vangaurd 

1-0 vs Treasure coast 

1-0 vs Westwood 

Valdosta:

6-5 vs Madison County 

6-5-1 vs Lincoln

10-5-1 vs Columbia 

0-2 R.E Lee 

@Nolebull8132-0 Vs Alachua(Gainesville Predecessor?)

4-0 vs Leon  

2-0 vs Jasper 

1-2 vs Duval 

3-0 vs Dixie 

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1969 was the state title fiasco with Athens 

WHAT was the fiasco? I wasn't in town BUT! SEEMS as though I remember Valdosta having given up six points in twelve games! And Athens and Andy Johnson(UGA Bulldog and Boston Patriots fame) came to town! And he put on a SHOW at QB, coming from 26-6 down, to TIE the CATS 26-26, and a share of the State Championship!

18 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WHAT was the fiasco? I wasn't in town BUT! SEEMS as though I remember Valdosta having given up six points in twelve games! And Athens and Andy Johnson(UGA Bulldog and Boston Patriots fame) came to town! And he put on a SHOW at QB, coming from 26-6 down, to TIE the CATS 26-26, and a share of the State Championship!

So it was 1920. There was a game between Athens and Valdosta in which Valdosta won but they didn't recieve a title. And they where susposed to. 

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ohio:

Camden:

1-0 vs Glenville 

AZ:

Valdosta:

0-1 vs Chandler

UT: 

Valdosta:

1-1 vs Jordan(Salt Lake City) 

As a side note, Jordan, the #2 ranked team in Utah that season, beat Valdosta 21-13! Valdosta finished 1-9!

Buford is also 1-0 against both Tejas and Ohio!

While respecting Region 1 and its history, they've not been invincible.  I don't think GHSA tried to penalize Region 1 but of course we see it from different ends of the state.  My alma mater had some successes against the south Georgia teams back in the day and I remember taking some long rides to S GA before the interstates. 

Currently Grayson has done okay against the region 1 teams.  Off the top of my head we are 1-1 vs Camdem, 2 - 0 vs Warner Robbins, 2 - 0 against Valdosta, 2 - 0 against Lowndes, and 2 - 2 against Colquitt.  More than anything I think the N GA teams have learned to compete and emulate the best features of the S GA teams. 

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

While respecting Region 1 and its history, they've not been invincible.  I don't think GHSA tried to penalize Region 1 but of course we see it from different ends of the state.  My alma mater had some successes against the south Georgia teams back in the day and I remember taking some long rides to S GA before the interstates. 

Currently Grayson has done okay against the region 1 teams.  Off the top of my head we are 1-1 vs Camdem, 2 - 0 vs Warner Robbins, 2 - 0 against Valdosta, 2 - 0 against Lowndes, and 2 - 2 against Colquitt.  More than anything I think the N GA teams have learned to compete and emulate the best features of the S GA teams. 

Not a shot in hell I'd drive from Atlanta to Moultrie without using an Interstate.... 

On 10/16/2017 at 12:30 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

A REAL NATIONAL TITLE GAME 

@Omaha Vol   In the 50's Montgomery Bell Academy(Nashville,TN) (#1 in the nation) issued a challenge to the Valdosta Wildcats(#2 in the nation). Valdosta had went undefeated and Was on the road to getting their then 2nd National title but MBA stood in the way.... 

The MBA HC wanted to earn his Title so He challenged Valdosta to a post season Bowl Title challenge. 

Valdosta traveled to Columbus,GA to play MBA.... And they shut them out 34-0 in a neutral site bowl game.

Valdosta won their 2nd National Title.

The year was 1953! Valdosta went 13-0-1! The CATS gave up 66 points in 14 games! I forget who that 0-0 tie was with! Moultr.... something!:)