DeBoer to Alabama

HurricaneNick

26 minutes ago, pied said:

People become fans of teams, coaches and players for many reasons and it’s no big deal. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t care if their coach left. 🤷🏼‍♂️

What I’m a fan of is the Little Big league GIF with Blackout and it was an opportunity to use it while expressing my sentiment about the current state of college football. I thought it was funny, and I think you’re reading too much into it.

I’m a fan of a few of the players and have enjoyed following what’s gone on there because it’s unique. I still have zero connection to Tucson, the university, or the fan base. I’m not a fan of Arizona, I’m a fan of football. And I love a good underdog story. But Arizona itself? Still no.

But, yeah, I do care about what happened with their coach. The lesser conferences and non P5 teams are quickly turning into farm systems for the traditional powers, and it’s going to ruin the game for most fans, including me. I don’t like it, and I hardly think I’m alone in that regard.

And as a football fan and a bettor, Arizona has been one of a handful of teams I’ve gathered intimate knowledge about over the last few years. And none of the above clouds my judgement or turns me into a super homer who thinks Mike Ditka could tackle a hurricane. My money has zero loyalty, and I’ve probably been most successful betting against Notre Dame. And if I had the opportunity again to bet on 2023 Arizona vs 2023 Oklahoma, my money is still on the Wildcats every single time. Bowl game, full strength, on the road, or otherwise. But especially at full strength.

• Like 2