DBP vs PC

Zipcep

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Based on this statement and if the the following manifests,Bosco might have a chance...Bosco MUST play with a resolve,commitment mistake free,injury free game that is power driven with nasty bombast...It must be smash mouth to beat down this opponant who is now riding on empty...

Bosco can run the ball and pound it down their throat. I think PC is in a complete freefall. DBP needs to take advantage of this. Bosco defense needs to keep applewhite in the pocket and they will win this game

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Bosco can run the ball and pound it down their throat. I think PC is in a complete freefall. DBP needs to take advantage of this. Bosco defense needs to keep applewhite in the pocket and they will win this game

if Bosco plays they way did vs SJR then they should win by 2 scores.....they came to play that day....can they do it again....

• Like 2

Just now, SJR89 said:

if Bosco plays they way did vs SJR then they should win by 2 scores.....they came to play that day....can they do it again....

I think they will. PC has won most of the games against DBP in the past couple of years. I think DBP keeps that in mind and wins. Like i said PC right now seems like a train wreck. How much has that locker room imploded on themselves. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I think they will. PC has won most of the games against DBP in the past couple of years. I think DBP keeps that in mind and wins. Like i said PC right now seems like a train wreck. How much has that locker room imploded on themselves. 

DBP hasn't beaten PC since 2013. However, I think both teams are comparable at this point. Losing Clark hurts more than Hardy to be honest. You can see that the run game is not the same without him. Applewhite has been the biggest Achilles this year though. He has turned the ball over more than I can count this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paladin4ever said:

DBP hasn't beaten PC since 2013. However, I think both teams are comparable at this point. Losing Clark hurts more than Hardy to be honest. You can see that the run game is not the same without him. Applewhite has been the biggest Achilles this year though. He has turned the ball over more than I can count this year.

Hardy was opening up running holes on offense esp on runs to the outside. He's a loss. Clark is a big loss I agree. I think DBP gets the win Friday night

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I heard talks that he was leaving after this year weeks ago

yeah i'm sure..the team is unravelling..both emotionally and psychologically these teenagers have to be demoralized..I can't see them moving the ball consistently against Bosco.  I don't think DBP is all that good but they are improving where PC is just looking to finish the season and get it over with

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

yeah i'm sure..the team is unravelling..both emotionally and psychologically these teenagers have to be demoralized..I can't see them moving the ball consistently against Bosco.  I don't think DBP is all that good but they are improving where PC is just looking to finish the season and get it over with

I was chatting with a guy whose friends with Sabella a few weeks ago and he stated that hes basically done there. The kids want the atmosphere that partridge built and its not like that there anymore. New admin new coach new direction. When Sabella came in everyone knew what he was about and the kids that didnt buy in should have transferred 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I was chatting with a guy whose friends with Sabella a few weeks ago and he stated that hes basically done there. The kids want the atmosphere that partridge built and its not like that there anymore. New admin new coach new direction. When Sabella came in everyone knew what he was about and the kids that didnt buy in should have transferred 

the atmosphere that Partridge had was more conducive to the Paterson 8th Ward. The PC admin has probably figured out that that kind of atmosphere wins football games but has the side effect of declining enrollment from the surrounding suburbs (where the money is). Pick your poison.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I was chatting with a guy whose friends with Sabella a few weeks ago and he stated that hes basically done there. 

So why not build the program that he wants to build? Does he want to go back to a public where playing Ridgewood is the highlight of the year? He won it all in 2016 and got a taste of "big boy" football. Don't see the point in leaving when he has the chance to build what he wants a successful program to be.

Just now, paladin4ever said:

So why not build the program that he wants to build? Does he want to go back to a public where playing Ridgewood is the highlight of the year? He won it all in 2016 and got a taste of "big boy" football. Don't see the point in leaving when he has the chance to build what he wants a successful program to be.

Thats just what this gentleman told me. The students at least what i read on twitter dont want to give him a chance to build what he wants to build. They want the livin atmosphere and the partridge way of doing things. They hate that livin is gone and i think they are gonna push back on whatever Sabella wants to do. Thats just the vibe im getting from what ive been reading in the articles and whats on twitter

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Thats just what this gentleman told me. The students at least what i read on twitter dont want to give him a chance to build what he wants to build. They want the livin atmosphere and the partridge way of doing things. They hate that livin is gone and i think they are gonna push back on whatever Sabella wants to do. Thats just the vibe im getting from what ive been reading in the articles and whats on twitter

As long as he has the support of the administration, what does it matter what the students want? They are kids. 

I think the admin is going in the right direction, by the way.

Just now, paladin4ever said:

As long as he has the support of the administration, what does it matter what the students want? They are kids. 

I think the admin is going in the right direction, by the way.

Really? for the past few years under partridge it was all about what the kids wanted. You saw that. Now its trying to get everything back to the way its supposed to be and you can see the push back

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Really? for the past few years under partridge it was all about what the kids wanted. You saw that. Now its trying to get everything back to the way its supposed to be and you can see the push back

There was a difference. Partridge had a better hold of that type of player and had support from Vail. Partridge has moved on and now Vail is gone as well.

3 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

There was a difference. Partridge had a better hold of that type of player and had support from Vail. Partridge has moved on and now Vail is gone as well.

Exactly and they won with that type of player. Now that type of player is pushing back on Sabella. So whats Sabella gonna do? No reason to stay in a place that you are not wanted. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Exactly and they won with that type of player. Now that type of player is pushing back on Sabella. So whats Sabella gonna do? No reason to stay in a place that you are not wanted. 

Simple...bring in the type of player that you want. In the end, if he believes in his system, he will find a way to win.

• Like 1