U.S. Economy rebounding big time...

DBP66

I guess Americans are lying in these polls or they are just gravely mistaken.

The question is why...

Any thoughts?

CBS News poll finds voters remember Trump's economy as good, boosting Trump to national lead over Biden today

More than half of voters say they are worse off under Biden

More voters are rating Trump's presidency as 'better than expected' in hindsight

Voters Doubt Biden’s Leadership and Favor Trump, Times/Siena Poll Finds

The share of voters who strongly disapprove of President Biden’s handling of his job has reached 47 percent, higher than in Times/Siena polls at any point in his presidency.

Political, Economic Indicators Not Promising for Biden

Poll: 20-point deficit on handling economy highlights Biden’s struggles against Trump

Half of Americans say their personal finances have gotten worse since 2020. Is relief on the way in 2024?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

The question is why...

Any thoughts?

CBS News poll finds voters remember Trump's economy as good, boosting Trump to national lead over Biden today

More than half of voters say they are worse off under Biden

More voters are rating Trump's presidency as 'better than expected' in hindsight

Voters Doubt Biden’s Leadership and Favor Trump, Times/Siena Poll Finds

The share of voters who strongly disapprove of President Biden’s handling of his job has reached 47 percent, higher than in Times/Siena polls at any point in his presidency.

Political, Economic Indicators Not Promising for Biden

Poll: 20-point deficit on handling economy highlights Biden’s struggles against Trump

Half of Americans say their personal finances have gotten worse since 2020. Is relief on the way in 2024?

perception is changing by the day....todays job report....market up 300+...401k kicking ass....it's a long time until the election....the economy is going to continue to improve...wonk...wonk...

22 hours ago, concha said:

There are many polls out there that show people are NOT feeling this purported economic prosperity.

No, polls say that people think *their* finances are good but that they think the overall economy is bad.

Majority of Americans say the economy's bad, but their own finances are good: poll

But here's the rub: we know via objective evidence that the economy *is* good. So the fact that people think they're doing well but other people are not means that this is simply a messaging/narrative issue.

I always find it amusing when people like you push the narrative that the two don't match while spending all of your time lying to people about the two.

15 hours ago, concha said:

I understand that you have zero actual economic data to support your preconceived notions so you're pounding the table with this but people are stupid/uninformed.

This is not a hard thing to grasp.

Public sentiment is always slow to move on things like this.

People overwhelmingly say that their finances are good but the overall economy is bad. It's a disconnect. Half the country gets their news from sources that are dedicated to lying to them about this issue.

15 hours ago, DBP66 said:

perception is changing by the day....todays job report....market up 300+...401k kicking ass....it's a long time until the election....the economy is going to continue to improve...wonk...wonk...

What concha the clown also doesn't factor in is that people "remember" the economy being better under Trump because it was already good when he got there.

It had been trending up for 6-7 years before him. These things are slow moving and take a lot of inertia to going.

What's more is that concha and others are feverishly dedicated to making sure people remain uninformed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

What concha the clown also doesn't factor in is that people "remember" the economy being better under Trump because it was already good when he got there.

It had been trending up for 6-7 years before him. These things are slow moving and take a lot of inertia to going.

What's more is that concha and others are feverishly dedicated to making sure people remain uninformed.

It was a long and slow recovery. The slowest since at least WW2.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-REB-36300

Seven Years Later, Recovery Remains the Weakest of the Post-World War II Era

Unemployment had been effectively stagnant for well over a year before Trump took over. Hey, remember when you described a tiny drop over a year-and-a-half as "plummeting"? 🤡 🤣  That was funny. You funny, Andy with your slapstick dumbass jokes.

Real wages grew, especially for minorities.

Inflation under Trump was under control.

GDP was growing at a very healthy pace.

Prior to Covid's arrival, deficits were under $1T and now, long after Covid's effective end, Biden's are well above and this year is trending worse than last. This massive injection of money may well be behind the phantom economic data and why inflation continues well above normal.

Trump's economy looked good from basically every aspect.

"Plummeting".  I still laugh.

58 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I understand that you have zero actual economic data to support your preconceived notions so you're pounding the table with this but people are stupid/uninformed.

This is not a hard thing to grasp.

Public sentiment is always slow to move on things like this.

People overwhelmingly say that their finances are good but the overall economy is bad. It's a disconnect. Half the country gets their news from sources that are dedicated to lying to them about this issue.

What sources are these? What is your evidence of this, Andy?

Barrons Friday night show’s  guest.  

https://www.foxbusiness.com/video/6350376351112

He’s the first economist that I’ve heard predict no cuts this year.  

Beyond that prediction, I think he’s spot on, with supported data.  

There’s a mention of immigration boost to the economy and a crypto gain effect w consumer spending.  

He’s right about 6 month market gains (chart index is S&P500 at bottom, my personal gain in middle). 

IMG_9287.jpeg

Just now, concha said:

Yeah. That's it.

Thank you.

I was sure that when the inflation rate was 4.3% in 1984 you demanded a change in the White House. Or when it was 3.8% in 2008.

Or when it was 1.3% in 2016, I bet you screamed for the incumbent party to be reelected, right?!

Funny watching Andy scramble around trying to throw chaff at a problem that's been going on for over three YEARS now.

Anyone else see anything close to the same issue in the last 20 years?

Andy apparently thinks there's nothing to see here.

🤣   🤡

image.thumb.png.5c1faa14499ca1cf1ba1b3f79f3e0d9d.png

• Thanks 1

Everything's fine...

Nothing to see here...

Nearly 50 million Americans are now 'subprime borrowers' forced to take higher interest loans and credit cards (if they can get them)

• Some 1.2 million more Americans have subprime scores compared to last year 
  • 47 million now have credit scores between 300 and 600 - the lowest level

3 hours ago, concha said:

Everything's fine...

Nothing to see here...

Nearly 50 million Americans are now 'subprime borrowers' forced to take higher interest loans and credit cards (if they can get them)

• Some 1.2 million more Americans have subprime scores compared to last year 
  • 47 million now have credit scores between 300 and 600 - the lowest level

Thanks to mAga and the South.

The South will just absolutely NOT pay their medical bills, wonder why chuck?

Do the research for us. Thanks, chuck.

4 hours ago, concha said:

Funny watching Andy scramble around trying to throw chaff at a problem that's been going on for over three YEARS now.

3.5% inflation is not a problem.

It's a narrative.

It bottomed out during COVID, then went up to 4% in 2021, peaked at 8% in 2022, came back down to 4% in 2023, and is now down around ~3% this year.

You're pushing a narrative.

We all know what you're doing.

4 hours ago, concha said:

Everything's fine...

Nothing to see here...

I chuckle when I see desperate attempts to cook up narratives that the person wouldn't have ever pushed in similar situations in the past.

People have always lived paycheck to paycheck. People have always had bad credit scores. People have always been terrible with money. People have always struggled to balance their checkbooks.

So roughly 1/7th of Americans are (insert some bad economic bogeyman).

Oh, no!

I'm sure this has *never* happened before!

And I'm sure your remedy to this "problem" is to vote for a soon-to-be criminal.

40 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I chuckle when I see desperate attempts to cook up narratives that the person wouldn't have ever pushed in similar situations in the past.

People have always lived paycheck to paycheck. People have always had bad credit scores. People have always been terrible with money. People have always struggled to balance their checkbooks.

So roughly 1/7th of Americans are (insert some bad economic bogeyman).

Oh, no!

I'm sure this has *never* happened before!

And I'm sure your remedy to this "problem" is to vote for a soon-to-be criminal.

It's funny how I "cook up" things that are headlines.

You'd almost think that Andy is being a good little bootlicker for his chosen side.

NAAAAHHHHH.... couldn't be that.

🤡  🤣

• Haha 1