U.S. Economy rebounding big time...

DBP66

On 2/3/2024 at 7:21 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Ah, yes. 

Why should we believe the professionals at the Bureau of Labor Statistics, whom you totally believed between January 20, 2017 and January 20 2021, when we can believe a Twitter account named Politibunny.

Fortunately, this is still true about the BLS stats.  Team Criminal Defendant, however, has already announced that if he is elected, he will sign an executive order eliminating civil-service protections for up to 50,000 federal workers, effectively making the people in these roles political appointees. Rank-and-file budget wonks, lawyers, and administrators working in dozens of agencies would be reclassified as Schedule F employees, and the president would be able to fire them at will, with or without cause.  We can believe this because the criminal defendant already signed an order along these lines in the final months of his presidency. Biden reversed it.

The day civil service protections are eliminated and people can be fired for not adhering to the party line, is the day faith in the numbers legitimately erodes.  In the meantime we still have people trying to do their jobs, so I’ve been looking for a comparison between this economy and the one before the pandemic (although I don’t know why the criminal defendant gets a pandemic pass, but Biden doesn’t).  Here it is:

image.png.d94b306b78cb82c288762206acf60d7d.png

We experienced the fastest recovery from the pandemic worldwide, and are currently enjoying a great economy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

why the criminal defendant gets a pandemic pass,

Besides trying to overthrow the government, his dereliction of duty in his handling of the pandemic is indefensible and he is directly responsible for tens of thousands of lives lost.  That does not get enough recognition imo.  He killed more than we lost in every war combined.  His stupid rallies alone...how many of his own base did he encourage to not wear a mask.  Not sure what statistics are but red states had a significantly higher infection/death rate.  If that is incorrect, I will admit error, but I don't think it is.  

You doing good brother?  Hope all is well.  

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Besides trying to overthrow the government, his dereliction of duty in his handling of the pandemic is indefensible and he is directly responsible for tens of thousands of lives lost.  That does not get enough recognition imo.  He killed more than we lost in every war combined.  His stupid rallies alone...how many of his own base did he encourage to not wear a mask.  Not sure what statistics are but red states had a significantly higher infection/death rate.  If that is incorrect, I will admit error, but I don't think it is.  

You doing good brother?  Hope all is well.  

Blaming Trump for every single Covid death is absurd. Let’s face it, you would’ve crucified him no matter what he did. You guys were looking for a reason to sabotage his Presidency & luckily for you guys, the perfect one fell right into your lap. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your health and not the government. No pandemic, no matter how bad some may perceive it, is a reason to deprive the people of their civil & economic liberties. If you’re scared of the virus and want to hide in your basement, have at it! But don’t make me join you!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Blaming Trump for every single Covid death is absurd.

It is. Which is why he didn’t. How the hell did you interpret tens of thousands” to mean “millions”?

20 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Let’s face it, you would’ve crucified him no matter what he did.

Like you do with Biden? You're probably right. It’s politics, and it’s bullshit. And it’s bullshit when you constantly do it, too.

21 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

You guys were looking for a reason to sabotage his Presidency & luckily for you guys, the perfect one fell right into your lap.

And unfortunately for conservatives, they have to invent reasons to sabotage Biden. Or is that impeachment with all that proof of corruption just a couple weeks away? 

23 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

At the end of the day, you are responsible for your health and not the government

You’re also responsible for your own career progression, but that doesn’t stop you from blaming Biden for being “stuck.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Blaming Trump for every single Covid death is absurd. Yes it would but I didn't.  Let’s face it, you would’ve crucified him no matter what he did. Not true.  I have never blamed him for stuff he didn't do.  You guys were looking for a reason to sabotage his Presidency & luckily for you guys, the perfect one fell right into your lap.  We never had to look far, Trump kind of gives reasons all the time.  Not sure if you heard or not but he has serious court issues.  Plus he fails at every single thing he tries and everything he touches dies.  At the end of the day, you are responsible for your health and not the government. So people deserve to die because they can't afford health care?  That doesn't seem right.  I get it's the Republican way but it doesn't make sense.  Not moral sense nor economic sense.  No pandemic, no matter how bad some may perceive it, is a reason to deprive the people of their civil & economic liberties. If you’re scared of the virus and want to hide in your basement, have at it! But don’t make me join you!  Sure it is.  It is the best and only time to do it.  You are ok with depriving women of their liberties, civil and economic.  It's basic human decency to look out for each other especially during a pandemic.  Wearing a mask is hardly a heavy burden.  That is about the weakest shit I heard during the pandemic.  I'll tell you, it isn't about being scared of the virus and hiding in a basement.  For me, if I were to get somebody sick and they died...I would feel pretty bad.  Why would I even take a risk with somebody's life?  All because of ideology?  

9 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Fortunately, this is still true about the BLS stats.  Team Criminal Defendant, however, has already announced that if he is elected, he will sign an executive order eliminating civil-service protections for up to 50,000 federal workers, effectively making the people in these roles political appointees. Rank-and-file budget wonks, lawyers, and administrators working in dozens of agencies would be reclassified as Schedule F employees, and the president would be able to fire them at will, with or without cause.  We can believe this because the criminal defendant already signed an order along these lines in the final months of his presidency. Biden reversed it.

The day civil service protections are eliminated and people can be fired for not adhering to the party line, is the day faith in the numbers legitimately erodes.  In the meantime we still have people trying to do their jobs, so I’ve been looking for a comparison between this economy and the one before the pandemic (although I don’t know why the criminal defendant gets a pandemic pass, but Biden doesn’t).  Here it is:

image.png.d94b306b78cb82c288762206acf60d7d.png

We experienced the fastest recovery from the pandemic worldwide, and are currently enjoying a great economy.

Surprising nobody, Trump’s opinion of Fed Chair Powell.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/02/trump-says-he-would-not-reappoint-political-jay-powell-as-fed-chair-00139311

IMG_8569.jpeg

27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@GoBigBlack S&P 5000 index 😉 

IMG_8611.jpeg

Was on my way to post this lol — https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-today-sp-500-hits-fresh-record-with-5000-in-mark-in-sight-210332631.html

Is there a better feeling than knowing when you open up your investment accounts to look at them the number is going to be much higher? The answer is yes… and it’s the feeling I get knowing I don’t need to bother looking in the first place. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Was on my way to post this lol — https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-today-sp-500-hits-fresh-record-with-5000-in-mark-in-sight-210332631.html

Is there a better feeling than knowing when you open up your investment accounts to look at them the number is going to be much higher? The answer is yes… and it’s the feeling I get knowing I don’t need to bother looking in the first place. 

“VOO” are you… 🎶 💪😀

• Haha 1

@GoBigBlack today’s song sung by former NFL DT Rosey Grier :) 

Deacon’s mention about Joe Frazier is true.   He sang on tour actually.  

Rosey’s song was on this infamous album (kid flashback). 

My fav tune on that album was Free to be you and me.  😂 

Like many I’m sure, I took some profits off the table today.  Mostly big tech focus.  

Nothing wrong with paper gains turning into actual ones. 

Also added some dry powder to a few small cap holdings, that got Wile E Coyote’d today.  

IMG_8657.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Don't you mean your 'Hans Delbrucks'?  Top 5 favorite movie.  FINALLY got the wife to watch for the 2nd time (and required to pick up most of stuff you missed first time), which she almost never does.  Victory day for me.  😉

Nice!  Yea, classic flick.  

My wife actually watched the Super Bowl with me, but the only reason was to see Taylor Swift!  😂 

She asked me which numbers were Kelce (Swift) and Bosa (STA).   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can only assume that this is the reason why concha is falling back on the old patriotism chestnut.

US economy adds 303,000 jobs, unemployment falls to 3.8% in March as labor market continues to impress

Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Friday showed the labor market added 303,000 nonfarm payroll jobs in March, significantly more than the 214,000 expected by economists. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate decreased to 3.8% from 3.9% in February.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I can only assume that this is the reason why concha is falling back on the old patriotism chestnut.

US economy adds 303,000 jobs, unemployment falls to 3.8% in March as labor market continues to impress

Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Friday showed the labor market added 303,000 nonfarm payroll jobs in March, significantly more than the 214,000 expected by economists. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate decreased to 3.8% from 3.9% in February.

and how many were part time jobs?  Many Andy boy.

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

💪 

IMG_9251.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

and how many were part time jobs?  Many Andy boy.

It's cute when you try to act like you know what you're talking about.

Part-time workers for economic reasons dropped by 68,000 and those who could 'only find part-time work' dropped by 105,000.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

2024-04-05_10-03-08.thumb.png.03eda52c8b87e66dd8451e171ad3875e.png

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

My guess as well...

Glad to see that I continue to live in both of your minds rent free.

And that both of you are wrong.

I kinda found and posted the written-by-a-liberal patriotism article well before the jobs report was released. 🤡

Curious if any thought has been put into the vast amounts of spending the federal government is pushing into the economy.  

$2.8T deficit in 2021

$1.4T deficit in 2022

$1.7T deficit in 2023

$828B through February 2024 (FY), a $106B increase over the similar period 2023

Or that many people have to return to work or take an extra job to make ends meet?  Inflation is still well above typical levels. More people are dipping into 401K savings and increasing their credit card debt.  There are many polls out there that show people are NOT feeling this purported economic prosperity. I guess they're "believin' their lying eyes" in your opinion?

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/how-voters-feel-about-the-economy-4-takeaways-from-the-latest-polls/

How voters feel about the economy: 4 takeaways from the latest polls

• Twenty-two percent of voters identify inflation/prices as their most important issue, compared to only seven percent who cite jobs and the economy.
  • Only 22% of Black Americans, 13% of Hispanics, and 18% of young adults believe that they are better off financially today than they were a year ago.
  • Sixty-five percent of voters rate the economy as good during Trump’s presidency, compared to 38% under Biden.

3 hours ago, concha said:

...Or that many people have to return to work or take an extra job to make ends meet?  Inflation is still well above typical levels. More people are dipping into 401K savings and increasing their credit card debt.  There are many polls out there that show people are NOT feeling this purported economic prosperity. I guess they're "believin' their lying eyes" in your opinion?

It's not 2022 anymore,  real wages for most Americans have been rising for quite some time. 

image.png.cae327a31fcb4eb4f7f81aa5d40733a5.png

As for the vibes thing, one has to ask who feels worse and why.  Trumps vision of an economy “whose supply chain is broken, whose stores are not stocked, whose deliveries are not coming” is two years out of date. Who you gonna believe, him or your lying eyes?  

image.png.369c669351323eb4e2588afffe4fb904.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/04/biden-us-economy-worlds-best-trump-claims-cesspool-data-is-clear.html

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

It's not 2022 anymore,  real wages for most Americans have been rising for quite some time. 

image.png.cae327a31fcb4eb4f7f81aa5d40733a5.png

As for the vibes thing, one has to ask who feels worse and why.  Trumps vision of an economy “whose supply chain is broken, whose stores are not stocked, whose deliveries are not coming” is two years out of date. Who you gonna believe, him or your lying eyes?  

image.png.369c669351323eb4e2588afffe4fb904.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/04/biden-us-economy-worlds-best-trump-claims-cesspool-data-is-clear.html

I know what the data says.

Yet why is it that poll after poll after poll indicate that Americans continue to feel worse off?

And remember, most of the MSM does not favor Trump in terms of messaging.

Here's a couple of recent headlines for Gallup and Harvard CAPS-Harris polls:

Inflation, Immigration Rank Among Top U.S. Issue Concerns

Inflation, immigration top concerns among voters: Poll

Here's Statista in February:

In February 2024, 11 percent of survey respondents said that the most important problem facing the United States was the high cost of living and inflation. Another 20 percent said that the government and poor leadership was the most serious concern for the nation.

Here's Data for Progress (I assume a liberal org):

image1.png?format=1500w

4 hours ago, concha said:

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/how-voters-feel-about-the-economy-4-takeaways-from-the-latest-polls/

How voters feel about the economy: 4 takeaways from the latest polls

• Twenty-two percent of voters identify inflation/prices as their most important issue, compared to only seven percent who cite jobs and the economy.
  • Only 22% of Black Americans, 13% of Hispanics, and 18% of young adults believe that they are better off financially today than they were a year ago.
  • Sixty-five percent of voters rate the economy as good during Trump’s presidency, compared to 38% under Biden.

27% behind on economy is going to really hurt President Roomba.