Teddy Bridgewater to become the new HC of Miami Northwestern

Ga96

I don’t think he has ever coached in his life. A lot of times people who played college or professional football Think they can just come in and automatically Coach with zero experience. I don’t think it works that way. The only way he will be successful is if they get more impact transfers than central, Booker, T, and the rest of them.

The reason why Deion Sanders was successful, was because he only coached transferred up all star teams in high school, and even in college he just had more talent than the teams he coached against. It was his recruiting that got him the wins not this magical, coaching acumen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t think he has ever coached in his life. A lot of times people who played college or professional football Think they can just come in and automatically Coach with zero experience. I don’t think it works that way. The only way he will be successful is if they get more impact transfers than central, Booker, T, and the rest of them.

The reason why Deion Sanders was successful, was because he only coached transferred up all star teams in high school, and even in college he just had more talent than the teams he coached against. It was his recruiting that got him the wins not this magical, coaching acumen.

I was reading an article a while back that made a lot of sense. It was saying that professional athletes have a hard time coaching (especially unicorn type athletes like Deion) high school or college sports because they can’t relate physically or mentally to the average or below average athlete. They are so used doing thing easy at a high level because of their natural physical or mental gifts they just can’t understand how the majority of people struggle.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Its in Florida though. Plenty of unqualified randoms are Head Coaches down there. In general the coaching pool is in the gutter like never before. Not many great coaches in today's game. Average all around.

Are you shitting me? North Gwinnett never wins a title in their history, hires a Florida native and wins the State title in his first year. Same with Coffee. Never won in their history, he comes up from Florida and goes 15-0 in his first year. 

Same with Lee County. One of the worst teams in Georgia history, hires a Florida native and wins back to back titles and has them in the hunt every year. 

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is true. On the flip side, his name may well allow them to recruit against the powers. And, he's got enough money in the bank to be able to stomach the high school salary. So, he could conceivably stay there a long time if he so desired.

Unfortunately, the landscape of the sport is such that we'll probably know by August of 2025 if he's going to be a success. He's got this transfer season, the real season and then the 2025 transfer season. If they don't load up on players that would've gone to Central, Norland etc by August of 2025, he's not going to make it. Of course it shouldn't be like that, but it is.

10 minutes ago, badrouter said:

This is true. On the flip side, his name may well allow them to recruit against the powers. And, he's got enough money in the bank to be able to stomach the high school salary. So, he could conceivably stay there a long time if he so desired.

Unfortunately, the landscape of the sport is such that we'll probably know by August of 2025 if he's going to be a success. He's got this transfer season, the real season and then the 2025 transfer season. If they don't load up on players that would've gone to Central, Norland etc by August of 2025, he's not going to make it. Of course it shouldn't be like that, but it is.

Yes that’s what I’m saying. If he doesn’t load up while he learns how to coach in real time, then the losses will pile up and it will implode. If he doesn’t stockpile impact transfers then I don’t see it working out. I think the ground will open up under him before he can get his feet settled 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I was reading an article a while back that made a lot of sense. It was saying that professional athletes have a hard time coaching (especially unicorn type athletes like Deion) high school or college sports because they can’t relate physically or mentally to the average or below average athlete. They are so used doing thing easy at a high level because of their natural physical or mental gifts they just can’t understand how the majority of people struggle.

You have pretty much described how I feel about people I see in every day life. lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t think he has ever coached in his life. A lot of times people who played college or professional football Think they can just come in and automatically Coach with zero experience. I don’t think it works that way.

You don't know your a$$ hole from a mudhole

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:32 PM, Nolebull813 said:

A lot of times people who played college or professional football Think they can just come in and automatically Coach with zero experience. I don’t think it works that way.

Yeah, but he's a quarterback and I think he's got the demeanor and respect for the job that may set him apart.

He may fail but I wouldn't write him off just yet.